The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster Scholarships

Scroll to see replies

Did they tell you that they are really done with the review?
The wait is killing me now.
I applied for full scholarships. What about u?
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Original post by greatjohn01
I received an e-mail from the scholarships office yesterday 9th of June 2014. There is an error in the mail it was a blank mail no message there, I have replied them that they should re-send the mail so that I can know maybe I have been selected or not.

Original post by elisazhuang

same here! The wait is killing me here too. I applied for full scholarship.
Had applied for a full scholarship too. Just got a response with a rejection. :frown:
Original post by Chrispinto
Had applied for a full scholarship too. Just got a response with a rejection. :frown:

Did you apply for international full scholarship or other types of full scholarship?
Did they put you on a reserve list or was it a flat refusal?
Did you apply for international full scholarship or other types of full scholarship?
Did they put you on a reserve list or was it a flat refusal?

Yea i had applied for the Westminster international full scholarship. It's was a flat rejection.
Original post by Chrispinto
Yea i had applied for the Westminster international full scholarship. It's was a flat rejection.

flat rejection? This is serious! They are very strict in their selection process! Sorry about that Chrispinto. I have been checking my e mail almost every 5mins I cant wait to get a response from them. I have been having sleepless night bcos of this scholarship if I am rejected I will be very sad!
I'm so sorry that some of you received rejections. I really wish that we all could have been awarded.. I am also waiting to hear from them. I applied for the half tuition fee. Has anyone actually been awarded a scholarship yet?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by greatjohn01
flat rejection? This is serious! They are very strict in their selection process! Sorry about that Chrispinto. I have been checking my e mail almost every 5mins I cant wait to get a response from them. I have been having sleepless night bcos of this scholarship if I am rejected I will be very sad!

Hi, any news so far?
I was successful btw guys.
Original post by FrankJaegar
I was successful btw guys.

Congrats FrankJaegar :-) you must be so happy!!!
Were you awarded a full scholarship? When did you receive the email?
Also, what country are you from if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by denidani
Congrats FrankJaegar :-) you must be so happy!!!
Were you awarded a full scholarship? When did you receive the email?
Also, what country are you from if you don't mind me asking?

lol jk not really

Orewa Chin Chin Ga Daisuki!!!!!
Got a rejection email a few days ago. I kind of expected it. Looking at past years' results, it looks like the selection is incredibly tough and I think being from the United States didn't help me much. I applied to the full tuition and half tuition scholarships, and wasn't eligible for the full international scholarship which was for developing countries only. Good luck to the rest of you guys though!

Loans from the US government it is.
Original post by danyxin
Got a rejection email a few days ago. I kind of expected it. Looking at past years' results, it looks like the selection is incredibly tough and I think being from the United States didn't help me much. I applied to the full tuition and half tuition scholarships, and wasn't eligible for the full international scholarship which was for developing countries only. Good luck to the rest of you guys though!

Hi,
Have you applied elsewhere?
did you receive 2 rejection letters or one email notifying you the results of both scholarships?
I am still waiting.
Original post by danyxin

I'm so sorry that your application wasn't successful. I wish we all could get awarded.
I am still waiting to hear back from them. I am actually from the US as well. Where in the US are you from? Which course have you been accepted to?
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi,
Have you applied elsewhere?
did you receive 2 rejection letters or one email notifying you the results of both scholarships?
I am still waiting.

Hey! Nah, I didn't apply to any other schools so I'm just going to go to Westminster without scholarships.
I only got one rejection email saying that I didn't receive a scholarship for the 2014 intake. It also says all decisions made by the scholarship committee are not open to appeal. Good luck to you!
Original post by denidani
I'm so sorry that your application wasn't successful. I wish we all could get awarded.
I am still waiting to hear back from them. I am actually from the US as well. Where in the US are you from? Which course have you been accepted to?

Aw, thanks! I kind of stalked this thread a few weeks back and it seemed like most successful applicants found out late July or early August about their decision. Westminster also posts their scholarship decisions online with all the recipients. I think last year maybe 3 or 4 people from the US got it? It's crazy how few people receive scholarships, but anyways, I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Oh, and I'm from Alabama, you? I got into the TV Production course, so I'm really looking forward to it. Are you still going to Westminster even if you don't receive the scholarship? I didn't apply to any other universities, and I just withdrew from the one I was attending here in the US, so it looks like I'm stuck with Westminster!
Original post by danyxin
Aw, thanks! I kind of stalked this thread a few weeks back and it seemed like most successful applicants found out late July or early August about their decision. Westminster also posts their scholarship decisions online with all the recipients. I think last year maybe 3 or 4 people from the US got it? It's crazy how few people receive scholarships, but anyways, I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Whould you please tell me where I can find the online results?
Original post by ninaSmith
Whould you please tell me where I can find the online results?

Hey, these are the results from last year.

Hope you can see it. You should be able to just go to Westminster's site and search "scholarship" to find the results.
Original post by danyxin

Oh, and I'm from Alabama, you? I got into the TV Production course, so I'm really looking forward to it. Are you still going to Westminster even if you don't receive the scholarship? I didn't apply to any other universities, and I just withdrew from the one I was attending here in the US, so it looks like I'm stuck with Westminster!

Hi Danyxin,
I've honestly also been stalking this forum like crazy and I came to the same conclusion as you. The competition is very high and its hard to know what they are seeking in a candidate.
Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend Westminster without a scholarship. I am already in debt from my undergraduate studies so I just can't afford it. I am praying for a miracle :-)
I'm actually from sunny California.. Maybe you will end up here after your studies?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending