The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We should really go for Lukaku

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Good needed players but no Cesc > Cesc + not as good needed players tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most definitely. On that basis I do think Arsene is prepare to go all out if he's fine with Cesc going to Chelsea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
Most definitely. On that basis I do think Arsene is prepare to go all out if he's fine with Cesc going to Chelsea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are too many decent strikers available atm it would be criminal not to get one. That being said however I wouldn't mind if Wenger gave striker a skip but bought Griezeman, and nothing less than a World class CDM which ATM is our Achilles heel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would not be surprised if we just end up with a RB and some obscure French African kid from Ligue 1. The club is probably satisfied with spunking the cash in a bank somewhere with nice interest rates. Yay profits margins yay.
Need world class striker.

Lukaku wants to leave Chelsea.

Buy Lukaku.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Walcott Fabregas Ozil
-- Ramsey Wilshere
--------- Flamini
Gibbs Kosc Mert Sagna
------- Szczczczc

Not bad. Bit of tippy tappy, bit of pace from Walcott, engines in midfield, drive from Ramsey. Not bad.

Can't believe you guys want a DM more than a centre forward. Flamini was one of your best players last season, Wenger just needs to make him first choice. A proper centre forward will make SO MUCH MORE of a difference than an improvement on Flamini, especially with the other midfielders you have.
Original post by Webster2002
Need world class striker.

Lukaku wants to leave Chelsea.

Buy Lukaku.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lukaku is not World Class. Honest to to I'm happy some of you people on here don't run Arsenal. Only God knows what would happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz
Lukaku is not World Class. Honest to to I'm happy some of you people on here don't run Arsenal. Only God knows what would happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The market for world class strikers is very small. We may not get a worldie, but we still need a striker of quality which is either better or the same as Giroud.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The market for world class strikers is very small. We may not get a worldie, but we still need a striker of quality which is either better or the same as Giroud.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I know lol I'm not saying he's a bad player. But Chelsea would probably ask for some ridiculous money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lukaku has the potential to be world class he seriously reminds me of Drogba

That being said. The word world class striker shouldn't be thrown out so much but let's see who we could actually go for

Remy
Bony
Lukaku
Ballotelli
Mandzukic
Morata

Anyone of these bar Morata will be suffice

Bony Remy and Lukaku have similar stats mind you

Mandzukic confirmed his exit yesterday meaning we should be all over him and tbh he's the closest thing to world class available right now. Talks of "just a better Giroud don't buy him" is nonsense really

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz
Yeah I know lol I'm not saying he's a bad player. But Chelsea would probably ask for some ridiculous money.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As much as Mou hates us, I find it hard to see him turn down £20m-£25m for a player he has no intention of playing! All the strikers we are interested would command such a fee (Benzema probably £30m+) so it would make sense to go for the one with most room to grow and potential.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As much as Mou hates us, I find it hard to see him turn down £20m-£25m for a player he has no intention of playing! All the strikers we are interested would command such a fee (Benzema probably £30m+) so it would make sense to go for the one with most room to grow and potential.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's funny though cause at the same time I read something about Chelsea trying to arrange the Cesc deal so that Arsenal receive minimum to no profit what so ever.

Lukaku is a 20-25m player but I'm sure Mourinho will ask for at least 30m from us. He tried to over charge for Ba too iirc

Posted from TSR Mobile
would love baloteli or lukaku...

Not to fussed on remy/morata... im sure they may be able to do a great job for arsenal, but im not convinced they will take the club up a level..

But the first two..presuming wenger can work some magic on balo... really would excite me..
Original post by AR_95
It's funny though cause at the same time I read something about Chelsea trying to arrange the Cesc deal so that Arsenal receive minimum to no profit what so ever.

Lukaku is a 20-25m player but I'm sure Mourinho will ask for at least 30m from us. He tried to over charge for Ba too iirc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah we get a 50% sell on fee on any profit made on Cesc from £30m I think, so if he went for £32.5m, we'd get £1.25m.

Arsene needs to channel his inner shark/snake and start doing this sort of **** to others!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
would ring up mou and str8 up be like, mans gonna hijack your fabregas deal and mug you right off if you don't send lukaku our way for peanuts if i was wenger.
If we signed Balo and he gets his act right then he will be a monster for us. Especially with our midfield it would goals galore for him :sogood:. But that's the thing with him he's so unpredictable, at Man City you saw flashes of brilliance and then moments of stupidity. I'd be happy with Balo and Lukaku as our striking options.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz
If we signed Balo and he gets his act right then he will be a monster for us. Especially with our midfield it would goals galore for him :sogood:. But that's the thing with him he's so unpredictable, at Man City you saw flashes of brilliance and then moments of stupidity. I'd be happy with Balo and Lukaku as our striking options.

Posted from TSR Mobile

balo would get 25+ goals easy

I'd have Balo over Mandzuikickc(sp)

In order of strikers available I'd chose

Cavani > Balo > Lukaku >Mandzuick(sp ffs) > Remy

Cavani would be a dream, would buy the shirt asap
Original post by Kruz

Posted from TSR Mobile

We'll mug you off if you try and buy Lukaku tbh.

But with the rate that Lukaku is scoring at if he stays in the prem he'll easily become the all time top goalscorer in the premier league when he retires. He's not too far from world class tbh.

Tell me a single player who gets near the top goalscorer charts every season despite not even playing for a top 4 team?
Lukaku has very good goal scoring record at West Brom and Everton. As lone striker for us, with better supply, he would be amazing.

He's only 21. He will be world class.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
would ring up mou and str8 up be like, mans gonna hijack your fabregas deal and mug you right off if you don't send lukaku our way for peanuts if i was wenger.

Man would straight up just go for Koke. Leaving you with no striker and a midfielder you don't need.

Anyway hear we're trying to offer 27.5M so Arsenal don't get any money as they share half the profit made from Cesc. How do you feel about this if it were to go through?

Latest