What was the question??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Simply: 50000W, 80% efficiency. Calculate energy dissipated in a second
Original post by Mutleybm1996
What phasor direction did everyone get?
What resolution too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phasor - 3o'clock 11:30

Resolution - where it had 20 p(some units) and you can measure to the nearest 0.1 divisions. So just 2 * 10^-12
Resolution I got as 2x10^-9

I seem to remember a question where there was a constant and I got something like 20.2 for it.
Unofficial mark scheme anyone? :smile:
Original post by STATER
Ahhh good point about the heat. I said it would take longer to charge and would discharge faster relative to other batteries, as the previous part mentioned it being the efficiency in charge and discharge. Seems weak for both marks though.

I wrote something similar to that, something about having to charge more often and compared it to the lead acid as it was cheaper as well as with a higher efficiency? Didn't mention the lead disadvantages though.
Original post by HennersPD
Why 90 degrees I thought you had to use a protracter to measure the angle and I got 70 degrees ://

I got something like that, it threw me for a while then I read the front of the paper and it said a protractor was needed in the equipment section. Never had to measure anything before though so completely threw me.
Original post by JediMaster1997
For the flute question which asked whether the flute needed to be longer or shorter, what did the question say?
And also how many marks was it worth please??

Did it say prove/explain why the flute length must increase? I can't remember :confused:
Original post by HennersPD
Why 90 degrees I thought you had to use a protracter to measure the angle and I got 70 degrees ://

In any situation with diffraction, sinx (x being an angle) has to be less than one - it can't be greater than one mathematically, or at least as far as I know. The slit spacing was worked out and n=3; using nw=dsinx (w=wavelength) we needed to rearrange to find the wavelength using those numbers.

And when sinx=1, x=90 degrees
Anyone got a mark scheme together at all yet? Would love to see it if anyone has :smile: cheers!
Original post by DomStaff
Phasor - 3o'clock 11:30

Resolution - where it had 20 p(some units) and you can measure to the nearest 0.1 divisions. So just 2 * 10^-12

3 o'clock? Did you measure it clockwise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mutleybm1996
3 o'clock? Did you measure it clockwise?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't... Phasor E was 3/4 of a turn.
Paper and mark scheme anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 416
phasors were 9oclock and and 10:30 ish, the first phasor was top of wave and the 9oclock wave part just touched the line (so 90° from start), phasor was moving anticlockwise.
Original post by mattvm
phasors were 9oclock and and 10:30 ish, the first phasor was top of wave and the 9oclock wave part just touched the line (so 90° from start), phasor was moving anticlockwise.

Definitely 3 o'clock. There was a 3/4 wavelength difference between the first point and the second -> so 270 degrees anticlockwise -> 3:00 position.
I agree with 3 o clock
Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending