Any one doing A2 Sociology POWER and POLITICS? Watch

AnimeCrazy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Basically I'm doing A2 Sociology and I think its called Unit three where we are doing Power and Politics, a lot of people I know are doing Religion and Beliefs but I'm sure thats not everyone!

Anyone doing Power and Politics? If so how is everybody liking it and was just wondering if anyone had good tips/idea/writing methods that is good for this topic, and how do you guys all revise?

Would be amazing to make a study group and just help each other out!
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
J_J
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hiiiii, im point the same!!! any ideas on what may come up?
J_J
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AnimeCrazy)
Basically I'm doing A2 Sociology and I think its called Unit three where we are doing Power and Politics, a lot of people I know are doing Religion and Beliefs but I'm sure thats not everyone!

Anyone doing Power and Politics? If so how is everybody liking it and was just wondering if anyone had good tips/idea/writing methods that is good for this topic, and how do you guys all revise?

Would be amazing to make a study group and just help each other out!
samee!!! got any predictions?
AnimeCrazy
Rep:
?
(Original post by J_J)
samee!!! got any predictions?
I REALLY hope voting behaviour comes up I LOVE that to bits. I wouldn't mind Weber and Lukes for an 18 marker cuz its pretty simple and the 9 markwr should be meh.

Can't wait to put this aside after today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AmyyyVictoria
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing Power&Politics and I'm hoping voting behaviour comes up...I'm so nervous!
jacksmith_
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Which 33marker did you guys pick and how'd you find the questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
jacksmith_
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 234qaz)
ASIA FOR THE ASIANS, AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS, WHITE COUNTRIES FOR EVERYBODY!
Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.
The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.
Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to “assimilate,” i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.
What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?
How long would it take anyone to realize I’m not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?
And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn’t object to this?
But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews .
They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white.
Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.
Share it now. Like it while you're at it.
I must have missed the question on racism...

Posted from TSR Mobile
laura0701
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jacksmith_)
Which 33marker did you guys pick and how'd you find the questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did the political parties question, found the questions really nice! The state one threw me a bit so I just didn't answer it haha. The 9 marker was very kind of them. How did you find it?
jacksmith_
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by auralay)
I did the political parties question, found the questions really nice! The state one threw me a bit so I just didn't answer it haha. The 9 marker was very kind of them. How did you find it?
Ahh I did the state question! But yeah the questions overall were good I thought, struggled for analysis for the second one though I couldn't think of arguments for there being no elites in society lol but overall seemed okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
AnimeCrazy
Rep:
?
Ahh I did the state question! But yeah the questions overall were good I thought, struggled for analysis for the second one though I couldn't think of arguments for there being no elites in society lol but overall seemed okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did the state as well! What did you mention
jacksmith_
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AnimeCrazy)
I did the state as well! What did you mention
Went through the different theories and argued whether the state was less powerful today or not, had some globalisation in there I think. Hard to remember already lol, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
laura0701
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry for the late reply, been completely preoccupied with my psychology exam!

I thought the item was quite helpful for the elites question - I just based my answer off that and discussed Pareto and Mosca, included quite a bit of empirical evidence and counteracted elite theory with pluralism. At one point I ran out of points to make about UK elites to I started talking about North Korea?!! haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads