The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fullycorporate
I dont know it was more difficult because June 13 had the very difficult section A. Maybe similar?
I would say quite similar to June 13 IMO
Reply 761
Original post by Alexovic
Think I might have misread 5D. I put reasons for why Greece's deficit had fallen and why Germany's surplus had fallen.

I believe the question asked why deficits had fallen in the graph, and one of the reasons was Germany's fall in surplus so I think you're right.
Original post by Petrue
I did question 2.. and I was the only one in my whole year to choose that question! It was something along the lines of assessing factors that cause a change in the pattern of trade; with part b being to do with how EU and US agricultural subsidies affect the global economy. I dun goofed on part a but think I redeemed it on part B. Question 4 (the Russian one) was a piece of cake so I'm hoping it will make up for lost marks in section A.

Same! Most people I asked did development...I found the trade set of questions quite straight forward...for the pattern of trade I explained with examples along the lines of how some countries became lead exporters e.g. China while others face declining exports despite being a strong exporter earlier e.g. USA...But I'm not sure if that's what they're looking for lol

For agricultural subsidies question I used other countries other than EU and US to use as main example to explain my point :/ I'm worried it won't work now... The question was phrased as something like "economic effects of agricultural subsidies on global economy" so I thought it's okay 'cos it didn't specifically asked for EU/US :s

I did 5 on competitiveness, ran out of time for the last question and couldn't finish a point, but I reckon the rest went alright. There was a weird one on GDP that was quite AS though lol.
Original post by T_Mag
im not to sure but i think they were looking for you to go down the line og HDI and then use GDP per capitar , education, mortality rates

It was an odd question. I think I talked about healthcare and education with aid so hopefully that we will be ok.
Reply 764
ok, I misunderstood 1a, and instead of defining budget deficit I put the definition of trade deficits.
I still made a load of applicable points, but I set out the question in the wrong way.

Would I be able to get at least 10/20 for that? Thanks
Original post by lizzie196
did anyone else do question 1? only i didn't mention a specific country in my part b and feel that i may have misread the question? did it say 'with reference to a country of your choice' I implicitly mentioned labours proposals to increase the high rate of tax but im not sure that may be enough. Just a little concerned as it may mean that i have been capped on that question. Any help would be very much appreciated only im a little concerned.

Wasnt part b about France and their inreased tax? So wasnt the question asking you to talk about France?
Original post by thatgirlag
Wow that's great! My time management wasn't as good as that :tongue: Yeah Greece bailout, UK- austerity after 09, UK- fiscal drag. You?

Snap! I mentioned those three things :smile:
Original post by thatgirlag
Wow that's great! My time management wasn't as good as that :tongue: Yeah Greece bailout, UK- austerity after 09, UK- fiscal drag. You?

After watching some random show on BBC 1 a couple months ago about council homes and how benefits were being reduced and capped at £500 one of my points were a reduction in state benefits :biggrin: seems like it was kinda useful watching it, fitted in pretty nicely. I also said about austerity as well, included some random figures (educated guess :P). Part b) I had 4 nice analysis and evaluations with a nice conclusion at the end so I'm hoping that section a can offset section b :smile:.
Reply 768
Original post by 4.2.0
I believe the question asked why deficits had fallen in the graph, and one of the reasons was Germany's fall in surplus so I think you're right.

Wasnt it reasons why balancing it would be good?? ****... that would be really bad if i misread this.
Snap! I mentioned those three things :smile:

Great minds think alike :smile:
Original post by Dilzo999
After watching some random show on BBC 1 a couple months ago about council homes and how benefits were being reduced and capped at £500 one of my points were a reduction in state benefits :biggrin: seems like it was kinda useful watching it, fitted in pretty nicely. I also said about austerity as well, included some random figures (educated guess :P). Part b) I had 4 nice analysis and evaluations with a nice conclusion at the end so I'm hoping that section a can offset section b :smile:.

What was part b?
Wasnt part b about France and their inreased tax? So wasnt the question asking you to talk about France?

Im pretty sure it was talking about france then said 'what would be the economic impacts of such an increase in income tax' does that mean that you had to refence france? the question was phrased wierdly so im not sure. I dont think theyd expect you to write about France specifically normally these question give you a choice to pick a country?
Reply 772
Original post by TheHenri
Wasnt it reasons why balancing it would be good?? ****... that would be really bad if i misread this.

Sorry man I'm like 90% sure it was Using Figure X, 'assess the reasons why countries in the Eurozone saw a reduction in their current account deficits' or something to that effect.
Original post by Dilzo999

Ahh nicee :smile: Overall though, despite debatably being trickier than last year, I didn't personally think it was too bad a paper.
Im pretty sure it was talking about france then said 'what would be the economic impacts of such an increase in income tax' does that mean that you had to refence france? the question was phrased wierdly so im not sure. I dont think theyd expect you to write about France specifically normally these question give you a choice to pick a country?

Yeah it was worded weirdly, I just stuck with France to be on the safe side yet I had no real life examples to back up my points :/
Reply 775
EDIT: Wrong exam board
i did Q3 and DR2 I have to say it it a wired question(DR2) because labour market is actually not in the spec I guess? It more like a unit 2 question. I was hoping I could get full UMS but now I am just satisfied with a A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 777
Original post by 4.2.0
Sorry man I'm like 90% sure it was Using Figure X, 'assess the reasons why countries in the Eurozone saw a reduction in their current account deficits' or something to that effect.

It was definetely not deficit though, because it sad imbalances.
Reply 778
did anyone else do question 1? only i didn't mention a specific country in my part b and feel that i may have misread the question? did it say 'with reference to a country of your choice' I implicitly mentioned labours proposals to increase the high rate of tax but im not sure that may be enough. Just a little concerned as it may mean that i have been capped on that question. Any help would be very much appreciated only im a little concerned.

Part a mentioned country so I just threw in the uk and tax rates etc, and for part b no it didn't explicitly ask so I didn't mention a county either, hopefully we're ok
Original post by RedDevil014
How did you go about answering the 30 marker? Was savings gap your analysis and other constraints your evaluation?

The question was to what extent is savings gap the most significant condtraint to growth, so I think the intended structure was how is savings gap a constraint, other constraints and then a reasoned judgement on which factor was the most significant. But there's more than 1 way of approaching a question I suppose.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest