The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by romaiseb
Thank you - I remember having to put in ions or something in two boxes (for hydrochloric acid + sulphuric acid or something) but that was the last question - that was the only question I came across with hydrochloric acid + sulphuric acid in it... Hopefully I haven't lost out on too many marks :s-smilie:

What did you put for that question?
Original post by cupcakes16
I put it means gaining electrons?
You?

i said it was the loss of oxygen :frown:
Original post by olmyster911
What did you put for that question?

For the ions/compounds that included a 'H' or 'Cl' in them, I put them in the hydrochloric box, and the ones with a 'S' in them i put in the sulphuric acid one :smile:
Guys was the reaction endo or exothermic? I can't remember what it looked like so now I'm not sure..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1084
For the ions/compounds that included a 'H' or 'Cl' in them, I put them in the hydrochloric box, and the ones with a 'S' in them i put in the sulphuric acid one :smile:

The hydrochloric acid box: H+ and Cl -
The sulfuric acid box: H+, H+ and S04 -2
those would be the correct answers for their ions.
Original post by ToLiveInADream
Guys was the reaction endo or exothermic? I can't remember what it looked like so now I'm not sure..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put exothermic?
Reply 1086

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exothermic reaction because the graph went from the top, to the bottom (so energy must have been given to the surroundings).
Original post by akl141
Exothermic reaction because the graph went from the top, to the bottom (so energy must have been given to the surroundings).

I ticked products have less energy than reactants. is this right?

I put H+ Cl- for the hydrochloric, and H+ SO42- for the sulphuric!
what did you guys put for the abcd one ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure I put endo but I'm probably wrong
Reply 1091

Yes, the products in an exothermic reaction have less energy than the reactants.
Reply 1092
Original post by Fishhy34
i said it was the loss of oxygen :frown:

So did I.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think the reaction was exothermic the products were at a lower energy than the reactants :redface:
Reply 1094

I did that. I never knew you had to put 2x H+ ions for the sulphuric acid. :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)

Yes. It was an exothermic reaction. Did you tick that the temperature changes?
Reply 1096

Make sure you put: H+ and another H+ and S04 2-

Sulfuric acid gives off two hydrogen ions and one sulfuric ion.
Original post by Sulfur
So did I.

is that right because i though it was the oxygen being removed from the aluminium oxygen
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sulfur
So did I.

Was that right?
Reply 1099
Original post by Sulfur
I did that. I never knew you had to put 2x H+ ions :s-smilie:

Well sulfuric acid was H2S04 so there are two hydrogen ions present. The question also stated that you can use each ion "once, more than once, or not at all" so it implied that you may have to put two of them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending