The Student Room Group

French A2 paper June 19th 2014

Hi,
Just wondering whether anyone has any revision tips for the French A2 paper. Or any tips on how to get an A? Feel free to discuss anything about it on here.
Merci!

Scroll to see replies

Bonjour! :h:

Immerse yourself in the language as much as you can. It helped so much for my speaking a few weeks ago.

Do you have any tips for the essay? :redface:
Reply 2
Hello it this wjec french A2?
Original post by aysh_95
Hello it this wjec french A2?

I'm gonna assume this is WJEC, I think other exam boards will have theirs on other days! Argh not looking forward to 3 hours of this...
Original post by Study or cake?
I'm gonna assume this is WJEC, I think other exam boards will have theirs on other days! Argh not looking forward to 3 hours of this...

I do AQA. :redface:

Also on the 19th. :hat2:

Quick question to you actually (or anyone else!)...how do you mark WJEC translations? It says it's 25 marks but there's only 15 points in the mark scheme...
Oh sorry didn't realise :smile: 10 extra marks for overall accuracy, which is the same criteria for accuracy in the essay so the mark scheme should be there somewhere...
Reply 6
For those doing WJEC, is anyone else doing Les Mains Sales for literature?
Yes! :smile: what's up?
Is anybody doing La Haine for their Guided Studies essay question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Yes! :smile: what's up?

Sorry for the late reply. Are there any online resources for les mains sales? I can't seem to find any :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zyg
Sorry for the late reply. Are there any online resources for les mains sales? I can't seem to find any :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure, our teacher has been great with resources so I haven't really looked! What kind of thing were you looking for? I have millions of example essays and some quotes, maybe some character summaries. I can scan in some of it if you want? :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by megedwards
Is anybody doing La Haine for their Guided Studies essay question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i'm doing la haine and seriously struggling with it, i'm bad at writing essays in general but i don't really like the past essay questions, they seem really specific and i find that i dont have enough to say
how are you revising it?
Reply 12
Original post by zyg
For those doing WJEC, is anyone else doing Les Mains Sales for literature?

I'm not WJEC, but I am doing LMS (for edexcel!)
Original post by sacklet
I'm not WJEC, but I am doing LMS (for edexcel!)

Oh right, didn't realise other exam boards did it! :smile: Do you want any resources? I'm happy to upload them but there's no point if what I've got isn't any use to anyone :P

How is everyone feeling about the exam?
Reply 14
Oh right, didn't realise other exam boards did it! :smile: Do you want any resources? I'm happy to upload them but there's no point if what I've got isn't any use to anyone :P

How is everyone feeling about the exam?

Yes please if you don't mind! I've mainly done essays as prep, I can send some if you'd like? (All A/A*)
Vous devriez parler en français :wink:

C'est la seule manière!

Bonne chance :smile:
Les Mains Sales 001.jpgLes Mains Sales 003.jpgLes Mains Sales 004.jpgLes Mains Sales 005.jpgLes Mains Sales 006.jpgLes Mains Sales 007.jpgLes Mains Sales 008.jpgLes Mains Sales 009.jpgLes Mains Sales 010.jpgLes Mains Sales 011.jpg

Here are some of the essays/help sheets I have, if anyone wants more I have a couple of extra so just shout! Hope these help... :smile:
Original post by ella6
i'm doing la haine and seriously struggling with it, i'm bad at writing essays in general but i don't really like the past essay questions, they seem really specific and i find that i dont have enough to say
how are you revising it?

Are you WJEC too? I've made a bunch of essay plans on the themes and characters, I'm just writing those on cards! How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am on OCR. Anyone have any grammar sheets that would be of use? I struggle on pronouns and tend to lose all my marks there. I am only realizing, now, a week before my exam that a concrete grammar base sets you up for a good mark. Please help!
Original post by PatBateman
I am on OCR. Anyone have any grammar sheets that would be of use? I struggle on pronouns and tend to lose all my marks there. I am only realizing, now, a week before my exam that a concrete grammar base sets you up for a good mark. Please help!

Seconded, I really struggle with grammar too :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending