The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cupcakes16
Yes thats exactly what i put. Is it right?

Yeah I put something similar too :smile: is it me or for this paper was there not enough space to write answers? I used 2 pages of an additional answer booklet :/ but I have large handwriting anyway :biggrin:
Reply 1221
Original post by lyricalvibe
What was the reagent for D because I didn't think one of them formed a white precipitate and I can check now from a past paper,it was barium chloride wasn't it? Barium chloride (the reagent) and hydrochloric acid don't form a white precipitate I don't think.. :confused:

Apart from that your points seem solid :smile:C seems a deff inate similarity so that's 2 marks I'm guessing if their was a good reason?

Silver nitrate and barium chloride I think.
Reply 1222
Original post by LouiseDB42
I had the pairs the other way around because it said which tests produce the SAME RESULT for BOTH acids: test C produced a white precipitate in HCl but nothing in H2SO4 whereas test D produced nothing in HCl but a white precipitate in H2SO4, therefore the results of those two tests are different for each acid. Tests A and B were similar because their phs would both show they were acidic, and they would both react with magnesium in the same way (salt + hydrogen with fizzing)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see your point, but pH metres show a specific pH to about three d.ps hence they'd vary. Similarly they'd react at different rates - all showing something different. Then again, you could say that they both show hydrogen gas.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by olmyster911
I put AB CD

A was similar because they were both acidic and had low pH's.
B was similar because they both produced hydrogen gas (I think I put hydrogen gas anyway..)
C was dissimilar because it only made a precipitate with one of the acids and not the other, same goes for D.

Duck(f). I was kinda maybe sorta hoping to get 50+ and you've ruined that -_- I now believe C is wrong as their is no way they both produce white precipitate :frown:
Original post by Sulfur
Silver nitrate and barium chloride I think.

I seemed to take barium nitrate and silver nitrate as the same thing in the exam :colondollar:
Reply 1225
I'm just thinking - these ABCD questions were separated into three marks each, totalling six marks. Do you think that you could get I don't know, C and D wrong but A and B right but for different reasons since the marks have been separated for the full question?

For example:

A and B are similar: A shows different pHs, B shows different rates
C and D aren't similar: Both produce white precipitates

Despite C and D being wrong I think, don't you think they could give you 3/6 for A and B being right?
(edited 9 years ago)
Duck(f). I was kinda maybe sorta hoping to get 50+ and you've ruined that -_- I now believe C is wrong as their is no way they both produce white precipitate :frown:

I aim to please :biggrin:

That's just my way of looking at it, but I know there are tonnes of different theories circulating on this thread. Plus, 50+ is a grand target to set :tongue:
Original post by Sulfur
I'm just thinking - these ABCD questions were separated into three marks each, totalling six marks. Do you think that you could get I don't know, C and D wrong but A and B right but for different reasons since the marks have been separated for the full question?

For example:

A and B are similar: A shows different pHs, B shows different rates
C and D aren't similar: Both produce white precipitates

Despite C and D being wrong I think, don't you think they could give you 3/6 for A and B being right?

I think because it was a 6 marker in total, they'd be allot of exceptions like "award mark if incorrect answer but valid justification" kinda like error varied forward
Reply 1228
I think because it was a 6 marker in total, they'd be allot of exceptions like "award mark if incorrect answer but valid justification" kinda like error varied forward

Yes, exactly. Maybe there is hope now!
I aim to please :biggrin:

That's just my way of looking at it, but I know there are tonnes of different theories circulating on this thread. Plus, 50+ is a grand target to set :tongue:

Haha :lol:

Your way seems right :wink: it went better than my mock in terms of how I felt after and I got in the 50s for that :tongue: plus my teacher doesn't really like me for chem so it's kind of to prove to her something, I also am starting to like chemistry and it's probs my favourite science-if those even exist :tongue:
How's everyone feeling for physics?

Much easier content is less and literally follows on from p123 and c456 kinda
Original post by Swag>education
Much easier content is less and literally follows on from p123 and c456 kinda

For p4 and 6 I agree but I gotta do some work on 5, I actually hate circuits! You wired for maths then? :wink:

Hmm not too bad but physics is my worst science, I'm just hoping the exam is ok and not horrific! :smile: Good luck everyone!! :smile:
Haha :lol:

Your way seems right :wink: it went better than my mock in terms of how I felt after and I got in the 50s for that :tongue: plus my teacher doesn't really like me for chem so it's kind of to prove to her something, I also am starting to like chemistry and it's probs my favourite science-if those even exist :tongue:

I never got 50s on mocks :colondollar: I never revised for them but still..

Chem is my favourite too, but I'm not sure why. I guess it just feels the most sciencey out them all. I don't like physics so revising for the 456 is hard..
Original post by lulupixie
Hmm not too bad but physics is my worst science, I'm just hoping the exam is ok and not horrific! :smile: Good luck everyone!! :smile:

Ah, yeah, same! But I find some parts really cool so have to still try at it :unimpressed: you started revising?
I never got 50s on mocks :colondollar: I never revised for them but still..

Chem is my favourite too, but I'm not sure why. I guess it just feels the most sciencey out them all. I don't like physics so revising for the 456 is hard..

I always revisited night before for mocks :tongue: I don't rally see the point in trying any more than that as your grade isnt really important but I still do that little bit of revision to make sure I understand everything :smile: I think that's why I felt able to start chem revision the day before this time as well for the real thing :biggrin:

True dat. I'm scared of the 456 as the 123 didn't feel good so I gotta make sure this is better!
For p4 and 6 I agree but I gotta do some work on 5, I actually hate circuits! You wired for maths then? :wink:

Yep 😎 strongest subject, the conductor and the magnetic field crap is horrible :frown:

I always revisited night before for mocks :tongue: I don't rally see the point in trying any more than that as your grade isnt really important but I still do that little bit of revision to make sure I understand everything :smile: I think that's why I felt able to start chem revision the day before this time as well for the real thing :biggrin:

True dat. I'm scared of the 456 as the 123 didn't feel good so I gotta make sure this is better!

Oooh badass revising the night before the exam :wink:

I just don't understand like..anything in P456 especially P5 omg
I hate Fleming
And I feel like bein able to calculate the output voltage from a transformer is something I shall treasure in life because transformers are life. THANK **** FOR P5 do not know what I would do without it. Truly appreciate its existence

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending