The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1240
Original post by olmyster911
Oooh badass revising the night before the exam :wink:

I just don't understand like..anything in P456 especially P5 omg

P4 can be nice if there's loads of graphs.
P5 makes no sense.
P6 is lovely when they ask you questions from the spec :rolleyes: Not questions on patients and X rays and what radioactive element to use.
Original post by Sulfur
P4 can be nice if there's loads of graphs.
P5 makes no sense.
P6 is lovely when they ask you questions from the spec :rolleyes: Not questions on patients and X rays and what radioactive element to use.

P4 - I have a deep dislike for graphs in exams :smile:
P5 - I definitely agree on that point.
P6 - I don't even know half the content at the moment..like half lives etc :confused:
Original post by Swag>education
I hate Fleming

Dude that really isn't as bad as it looks! Just do some practice questions absconded you got it you'll be begging for it to come up! My teacher made me a pro at that chizz :biggrin:

Original post by olmyster911
Oooh badass revising the night before the exam :wink:

I just don't understand like..anything in P456 especially P5 omg

2 years of experience under my belt :wink:

Mmhhmm :yep: p6 is not to bad because it feels like chemistry again and 04 is just equations so just do the workbook for that! But p5, I hate that ****! But to make sure I'm not learning it morning of, I'm doing a long night to complete it tonight :eek: haven't even started-_-

Yep strongest subject, the conductor and the magnetic field crap is horrible :frown:
Yep 😎 strongest subject, the conductor and the magnetic field crap is horrible :frown:

How did you find the non calc?
Grade boundary predictions for today's exam?
I'm making comprehensive questions for each page in P5, anyone interested in spoiler answers just say :smile:
What happens when I rub a polyethylene rod and a cloth duster?what is the force causing this?
True or false: protons being scraped off and onto another substance gives the other substance a charge?
When I remove and donate electrons I turn the prior materialsc atoms into ___?
Explain static electricity with reference to two insulating materials being rubbed?
What are the rules of attraction and repulsion?
Give 3 examples of static electricity build up?
Cgp book page 1 for p5

Pg 2
What is current?
Why do metal conductors carry charge?why not in an insulator?
What's a complete circuit?
What condition is their for current to flow through a component?
What is voltage?units?
How does resistance occur?units?
Explain the relationship between resistance,voltage and current.
What's power?
How does a battery do work on a circuit?
A xbox rated at 230v, 2KW. find the current it draws.

Pg3
draw a circuit to test a component.
what 3 things must be in series andf what must be put parallel when testing a component in a bog standard circuit?
where is the ammmeter placed in relation to the component and why?
what willl varying the variable resistor alter?
what's the proper namew for voltage and what does a voltmeter measure?
explain how work is done in a complete circuit with reference to the battery and the components?
in a circuit how much work is done is
A)the size of the current in flow B) the size voltage C) the size of the resistance
why must a voltmeter be placed in parralel?
pg 4
hwta is the gradient of a voltage current graph showing?
http://graphsketch.com/?eqn1_color=1&eqn1_eqn=3x%20&eqn2_color=2&eqn2_eqn=&eqn3_color=3&eqn3_eqn=1x&eqn4_color=4&eqn4_eqn=&eqn5_color=5&eqn5_eqn=0.25x&eqn6_color=6&eqn6_eqn=&x_min=-17&x_max=17&y_min=-10.5&y_max=10.5&x_tick=1&y_tick=1&x_label_freq=5&y_label_freq=0.2&do_grid=0&do_grid=1&bold_labeled_lines=0&bold_labeled_lines=1&line_width=4&image_w=850&image_h=525
which has the highest resistance?
do the wires providse a resistance in a circuit?
from a V-I graph how do you calculater resistance?
why do resistors get hot when current passes through them?
what does a LDR do and give an example?
what does a Thermister do andgive an example?

pg 5
what is meant by a series circuit?
give 5 rules, 3 about V, I and R and 2 about the cell and current, regarding series circuits?
explain a parralel circuit?
why is this prefer in places llike houses?
explain how current is shared and how it varies in a parralel circuit?
rule of voltage in a parralel ciruits?

pg 6
how is mains electricity produced and at what voltage?what type of current (DC or AC ) is it and why?
explain magnwetic induction?
how is AC current produced?
recall 4 factors that affect the size of the voltage induced?
pg7
explain what transformers do, why they are used, how they work and why they only work with AC?
a transformer has 80 turns on the primary coil and 1600 on the secondary coil. if the input cvoltage is 1000v what is the output voltage?
pg 8
describe a magnetic field?relate this to a current carrying wire? how about a rectangular coil?
http://www.s-cool.co.uk/assets/test_its/alevel/physics/forces-in-magnetic-fields/dia02.jpgb - explain
how can i find the resultant force of the above picture and hence the motion the wire is forced to?find it for
the wire above even though it basically shos you :tongue: ?
pg 9
filll in the blanks
if a rectangular coil of wire carrying current is placed in a ____ magneitc field, the force will cause it to____.
what rule can you use to work out which way it'll turn?
how are wheels turned? ( make references to the motor effect, 6 marks)
list 4 examples of the motor effect in action?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1246
Original post by lyricalvibe
It's not you it's me...:wink:
A- I don't think it could be part of the similar category as I think the similarities had to be seeable and pH Isn't visible; you need to test pH. So I said diff as they will likely have diff pH on a pH meter which is really accurate- this point believe is wrong because why the shell can't they have the same pH?
B- I'm if the question said stuff about dilute or dissolved I believe this could be a valid similarity as hydrogen bibles will be produced (I only said hydrogen gas and that's cloudless so once again my justification is whack)
C- only answer I'm certain about and it is a similarity as it produces a white precipitate on both reactions- correct me if I'm wrong
D- when I looked up the reaction on the front page I didn't see chloride ion s to produce any precipitate this way so I don't understand people's justification of this being a similarity but I'm sure someone could tell me...(ps. I said it was a difference because f this as one would react to produce a precipitate and one wouldn't-something along them lines)

What did you put? If someone can justify D as similar then I'm thinking that's the answer: CD AB

C does not produce a white precipitate on both. This is because c was barium chloride which only detects sulfates and there are no sulfate ions in hydrochloric acid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by romaiseb
Grade boundary predictions for today's exam?

54 for an A*, A48,42B, 36C :wink:
What no way they are high!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can everyone pls move on from chemistry we've all established we ducked up on the ABCD TEST question, arguing ur point won't
Change anything
Original post by cupcakes16
I also put reduction was gaining electrons.
Is it wrong?

I think that's wrong, reduction was the loss of oxygen

Loooool are you high they will never be that high EVER
Reply 1252

Is that a joke?
It will be 46 maximum for A*
I've just realised i put on the last question the formula for Sodium Chloride as NaCl2 is this right??

2 years of experience under my belt :wink:

Mmhhmm :yep: p6 is not to bad because it feels like chemistry again and 04 is just equations so just do the workbook for that! But p5, I hate that ****! But to make sure I'm not learning it morning of, I'm doing a long night to complete it tonight :eek: haven't even started-_-

I might spend a long night doing it too, don't have to get up til 10am :biggrin:

Depends if I have motivation though, 'cause there's a lack of that in me these days

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL 42 FOR A B???? Mate. What are you on..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1256

Guys he's joking :rolleyes:

Original post by -sophia-
I've just realised i put on the last question the formula for Sodium Chloride as NaCl2 is this right??

Nope - it's NaCl
Original post by Sulfur

Nope - it's NaCl

Whooooops, I've made so many stupid mistakes! :s-smilie:
Can someone please explain electric motors to me in detail? My revision guide makes no sense and its way too vague! Im stressing out
Original post by -sophia-

Sodium chloride is NaCl, just one of each because Na has a 1+ charge and Cl has a 1- charge, so you only need one of each to make a neutral compound

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest