The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James A
Can't believe I haven't posted here in a while!

Exams have really gone well so far, today's one felt really good!

Praying!

Yay so glad to hear that! I was wondering where you'd got to :sadnod:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Yay so glad to hear that! I was wondering where you'd got to :sadnod:

:teehee:

just was really busy with revision and stuff but I spent some of my free time on here procrastinating sadly :emo:

:cute:
Original post by James A

just was really busy with revision and stuff but I spent some of my free time on here procrastinating sadly :emo:

Procrastination is the best :yep:
Reply 3363
Original post by James A

And now that all the cool people are gone from the box, you're back here :sly:
Original post by Aula
And now that all the cool people are gone from the box, you're back here :sly:

Well TSR actually made a mistake with my sub :teehee:

I was an old sub as you know, but got promoted to a community assistant like four months ago (CA's get free subs for as long as they hold that position) but the system confused me for being an old sub only and ended my sub :teehee: but I posted in AASL and hype said that the community team will restore my sub as a CA.

:sly:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Peeps, I'm really really ill and need prayers :cry2:

You are in my prayers. Praying for your well being and every other challenge you might be facing.:hugs:

Matthew 19:26 - But Jesus beheld [them], and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

2 Corinthians 12:9 - And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

I don't know if you like Joyce Meyers but I find her teaching very helpful, here's one but there are many others to listen to which really help with everyday issues we face, especially as women and being full of all sorts of emotions. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVBN2oZUIpA start at 3.30

God bless, thinking of you.

ps. if this doesn't relate to you I would recommend finding some really good teaching on line just to fill yourself up with something really positive filling in and pushing out anything negative and not from God.
Reply 3366
Original post by James A
Well TSR actually made a mistake with my sub :teehee:

I was an old sub as you know, but got promoted to a community assistant like four months ago (CA's get free subs for as long as they hold that position) but the system confused me for being an old sub only and ended my sub :teehee: but I posted in AASL and hype said that the community team will restore my sub as a CA.

:sly:

:giggle: Oops! Silly people.
Thanks for all your prayers peeps. And thanks for the Joyce Meyer clip, GBY. Will watch soon when I have a bit more concentration :o:
Prayers for my favourite goat herd. :jumphug:

Also peeps- thank you for the prayers! I have a discharge date for NEXT WEEK!!! :eek: :headfire: :awesome:
Original post by tasha96
Prayers for my favourite goat herd. :jumphug:

:lovehug:

Also peeps- thank you for the prayers! I have a discharge date for NEXT WEEK!!! :eek: :headfire: :awesome:

Alleluia! :biggrin: :party: :yeah:
Reply 3370
Happy Pentecost everyone!
May the Holy Spirit come and fulfil every God-given desire in your hearts :h:
Original post by Aula
Happy Pentecost everyone!
May the Holy Spirit come and fulfil every God-given desire in your hearts :h:

Thanks hun, same to you! :lovehug:
2 Corinthians 4 v 9

Treasures in Jars of Clay

We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.

Psalm 129:2
"they have greatly oppressed me from my youth, but they have not gained the victory over me.

Romans 8:35
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary

The apostles were great sufferers, yet they met with wonderful support. Believers may be forsaken of their friends, as well as persecuted by enemies; but their God will never leave them nor forsake them. There may be fears within, as well as fightings without; yet we are not destroyed. The apostle speaks of their sufferings as a counterpart of the sufferings of Christ, that people might see the power of Christ's resurrection, and of grace in and from the living Jesus. In comparison with them, other Christians were, even at that time, in prosperous circumstances

God bless us all as we continue on the narrow path....:smile:
Hey guys!
Think I'm a bit late to the party here but it's so lovely seeing so people join together and help/pray for each other :smile: so heart warming!
How's everyone's exams going? Hopefully nearly over now! Also, there's an app called instapray which is just awesome, you should all check it out!
And the person who suggested battlefield of the mind - it's great! Worth a shot, I really like 'ending your day right' by Joyce aswell :smile:
Much love to you all x
Original post by rachelemily
Hey guys!
Think I'm a bit late to the party here but it's so lovely seeing so people join together and help/pray for each other :smile: so heart warming!
How's everyone's exams going? Hopefully nearly over now! Also, there's an app called instapray which is just awesome, you should all check it out!
And the person who suggested battlefield of the mind - it's great! Worth a shot, I really like 'ending your day right' by Joyce aswell :smile:
Much love to you all x

:hi: Welcome to X Soc! Feel free to make yourself at home!

*offers Italian chocolate biscuits as welcome gift* :cookie:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:hi: Welcome to X Soc! Feel free to make yourself at home!

*offers Italian chocolate biscuits as welcome gift* :cookie:

Aww hello! Haha mmmm thankyou, that would sure help my revision along nicely :')
I've been discharged from hospital. :biggrin: Praise be to God! :yay: Big thank you to everyone in here who's supported me over the past seven months. Your kind words andprayers kept me going through the most testing period of my life. :hugs:
Original post by tasha96
I've been discharged from hospital. :biggrin: Praise be to God! :yay: Big thank you to everyone in here who's supported me over the past seven months. Your kind words andprayers kept me going through the most testing period of my life. :hugs:

Congrats lovely :hugs: :woohoo:
----
I need to get back to worship. The world has tempted me and my foot is entangled. My heart is heavy and God is calling me.

To need to actually visit this thread more often :smile:

Zephaniah 3 v 17
17 The Lord your God is with you,
the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
but will rejoice over you with singing.”
Original post by tasha96

YAY! You must also give credit to yourself for being as strong as you have been :jumphug:

Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
...need to actually visit this thread more often :smile:

:yep: :ahee: :hi:
Reply 3379
Original post by tasha96

That's fantastic! :jumphug:

:mmm: don't know if it's something to do with my car, but my niece has fallen asleep on her way to nursery again (she's 3). Given that her younger brother is also asleep in the back, getting them into the building is going to be fun :erm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending