The Student Room Group

Edexcel igcse chemistry grade boundaries

This poll is closed

Edexcel igcse chemistry A* grade boundary prediction...?

<125 3%
125-130 3%
130-135 11%
135-140 31%
140-145 17%
145-150 17%
>150 17%
Other...3%
Total votes: 36
POLL above
(edited 9 years ago)
You didn't do 140-145 which would be my answer lol
Reply 2
Original post by Heffalump .
You didn't do 140-145 which would be my answer lol

Sorry i missed it out. Do you know how i can edit a poll?
What's the point in having a poll, nobody has a clue. And unlike other subjects, the IGCSE sciences are virtually impossible to predict grade boundaries...
Reply 4
Original post by midgemeister7
What's the point in having a poll, nobody has a clue. And unlike other subjects, the IGCSE sciences are virtually impossible to predict grade boundaries...

We can easily compare the difficulty of this paper to the difficulty of previous papers, of which we know the boundaries. By no means is this poll entirely accurate.
Original post by GCSEsitter
We can easily compare the difficulty of this paper to the difficulty of previous papers, of which we know the boundaries. By no means is this poll entirely accurate.

Not really :/ In physics, for example, the January 2012 paper was very easy yet the A* boundary was 119... it's never an exact science (pardon the pun)
considering past grade boundaries have been up to 147 and this was quite an easy paper... I say up to 150
Reply 7
Original post by AmirUlMuminin
considering past grade boundaries have been up to 147 and this was quite an easy paper... I say up to 150

You shouldn't really compare between Jan and Jun because it has very different candidates. Just basing on past two years Jun grade boundary, it'll be more like 135

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by nurav11
You shouldn't really compare between Jan and Jun because it has very different candidates. Just basing on past two years Jun grade boundary, it'll be more like 135

Posted from TSR Mobile

This seems true except for edexcel igcse physics 2012. Jan was 119, june was 140
Reply 9
It wont go over 137 for a june paper.
Reply 10
Original post by GCSEsitter
This seems true except for edexcel igcse physics 2012. Jan was 119, june was 140

Really?? Well that's ridiculously surprising. But if Jan was 147 then I'm guessing that they wouldn't make it any higher than that surely?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I think 135-145...
Original post by nurav11

Posted from TSR Mobile

but was the 147 a January one? and weren't both last june papers quite easy compared to this years. I must say if what you're saying is right then this is great news :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest