The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I always found physics easy and art difficult.

There's no such thing as objectively "easy" or "hard" - only your own strengths and weaknesses. And if you chose to pursue academic study in subjects you find difficult then I'd question your intelligence :smile:

Edit: also equating "mickey mouse" with "stuff I think is easy" is pretty naive
Original post by PQ

There's no such thing as objectively "easy" or "hard" - only your own strengths and weaknesses. And if you chose to pursue academic study in subjects you find difficult then I'd question your intelligence :smile:

I meant on your own thoughts not everyone's thoughts, so no one has to agree just list the subject they personally find hard and easy.
Nothing is difficult B)

Am I TSR yet?
Original post by PQ

Edit: also equating "mickey mouse" with "stuff I think is easy" is pretty naive

Art is a bad example in that guys list, but are some which you can easily label as "easy" and "hard". Otherwise you can explain in which situation if any, would Health and Social Care be harder than Physics or Chemistry? A History/Eng Lit student would eat up all those subjects in that list (except Art)
Reply 5
Disney Studies.
is this A levels?

The only hard A levels are Maths and Languages. The rest are easy.
Original post by scientific222
Art is a bad example in that guys list, but are some which you can easily label as "easy" and "hard". Otherwise you can explain in which situation if any, would Health and Social Care be harder than Physics or Chemistry? A History/Eng Lit student would eat up all those subjects in that list (except Art)

I find Health and Social Care a difficult subject as it doesn't interest me.

Physics & Chem I found interesting and easy.

Sorry but there is no way to objectively state x subject is "easier" than y subject.

You can say more people find x subject interesting/easy (although looking at exam grades maths comes out as the easiest subject based on the number and proportion of people getting A grades at GCSE and A level) but that isn't the same thing as stating the subject itself is easier.
Reply 8
Original post by FrankJaegar
is this A levels?

The only hard A levels are Maths and Languages. The rest are easy.

Languages are easy if you practise using them. German and French are, anyway.
Reply 9
Easy list
Business Studies
Environmental Studies
General Studies
Anything with Studies in its name

Hard list
Chemistry
Sociology
Geography
Economics
Further Maths.
Health and social care is easy even if it doesn't interest you, same goes with sociology, I don't mean to be rude but I always believed these subjects like sociology were put up for the weak not academically skilled people...

Physics and chemistry is hard even sometimes even for those interested, biology can be very complicated and has too many details.

I always found maths interesting especially algebra but I found it hard.
(edited 9 years ago)
Mickey Mouse means useless, not easy. If you're going to use tired idiotic clichés, at least use them properly.

Original post by notthegreatest
same goes with sociology, I don't mean to be rude but I always believed these subjects like sociology were put up for the weak not academically skilled people...

You've done sociology, then?
(edited 9 years ago)
[QUOTE=PQ;48102652]I find Health and Social Care a difficult subject as it doesn't interest me.

Physics & Chem I found interesting and easy.

Sorry but there is no way to objectively state x subject is "easier" than y subject.

You can say more people find x subject interesting/easy (although looking at exam grades maths comes out as the easiest subject based on the number and proportion of people getting A grades at GCSE and A level) but that isn't the same thing as stating the subject itself is easier.

Just because it doesn't interests you it doesn't mean its difficult. By doing subjects like Physics and Chem and finding them easy you are basically more than capable of doing a subject like Health and Social Care, because the level of intelligence and skill set needed for the sciences is way higher. If you were forced to do Health and Social care(for some unknown reason), you would instantly ace it, because truth is its a soft and easy subject
This is kind of stupid.. I find subjects like Maths and Biology easy but I could never do Art or DT and lots of people would fail GCSE or A Level PE because they cant do sport to save their lives despite being good at maths and the sciences
Original post by Drewski
Mickey Mouse means useless, not easy. If you're going to use tired idiotic clichés, at least use them properly.

You've done sociology, then?

Yeah I have it was boring and senseless as in you understand it all but it doesn't fit in a true sense and it's an easy subject, most people who don't revise for it usually pass.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by scientific222
Just because it doesn't interests you it doesn't mean its difficult. By doing subjects like Physics and Chem and finding them easy you are basically more than capable of doing a subject like Health and Social Care, because the level of intelligence and skill set needed for the sciences is way higher. If you were forced to do Health and Social care(for some unknown reason), you would instantly ace it, because truth is its a soft and easy subject

Sorry but that really isn't the case.

I do not do well at subjects I do not find interesting (of course there's a few subjects that I find interesting that I also don't do well in).

It's nice that you think I'm so capable but I'm afraid the evidence points in another direction.

It's ok - you don't need to boost my ego. I'm more than comfortable with my abilities and strengths:biggrin: and I don't need to belittle subjects I don't study in order to feel more intelligent.
I think sociology requires pretty well exactly the same skill-set as history...
Original post by notthegreatest
Yeah I have it was boring and senseless as in you understand it all but it doesn't fit in a true sense and it's an easy subject, most people who don't revise for it usually pass.

I dare you to try any of the subjects you've listed as 'easy' at degree level. You'll change your tune.

Don't use the piss-poor A level and GCSE system to judge an entire subject, you make yourself look stupid.
Original post by PQ
Sorry but that really isn't the case.

I do not do well at subjects I do not find interesting (of course there's a few subjects that I find interesting that I also don't do well in).

It's nice that you think I'm so capable but I'm afraid the evidence points in another direction.

It's ok - you don't need to boost my ego. I'm more than comfortable with my abilities and strengths:biggrin: and I don't need to belittle subjects I don't study in order to feel more intelligent.

I find maths very fun and interesting but I can't do it because I find it hard, then there's sociology which is boring but easy...
I don't think it's fair to call subjects you haven't studied 'mickey mouse' :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending