The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths GCSE - Calculator 13th June

This poll is closed

Are You Ready For The Exam?

Yes 62%
No38%
Total votes: 37
A thread for people to share tips, tricks, revision notes and information for those who need help.
If you want an idea of what might come up on the calculator paper, ask me and i'll post it. My school made a list of all the possible topics for the calculator paper.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Will 3D Pythagoras likely be present?
Original post by Magistl
Will 3D Pythagoras likely be present?

It's not likely but it could be present. My advice is to just revise it. You never know what might come up
Reply 3
Original post by LancePereira
It's not likely but it could be present. My advice is to just revise it. You never know what might come up

I appreciate it! :smile:
Reply 4
I'vegot to smash this one lol...no pressure...
Reply 5
Additionally, what's the most likely topics to appear? I'm aware that proportion, trigo, algebra, angles and volume are extremely likely but are there others? I'm trying to reinforce knowledge and I want to ensure I don't waste time.
Reply 6
What do you think the calc paper would be like in comparison to the horrendous non calc one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Magistl
Additionally, what's the most likely topics to appear? I'm aware that proportion, trigo, algebra, angles and volume are extremely likely but are there others? I'm trying to reinforce knowledge and I want to ensure I don't waste time.

Quadratic formula, factorising quadratics, area of circles and other shapes where the formula includes pi, histograms, cumulative freq, inequalities, percentages(comp. interest, reverse percentage, percentage increase/decrease). These are what I've seen on almost every past paper I've done, and chances are that they are going to come up again
Reply 8
Quadratic formula, factorising quadratics, area of circles and other shapes where the formula includes pi, histograms, cumulative freq, inequalities, percentages(comp. interest, reverse percentage, percentage increase/decrease). These are what I've seen on almost every past paper I've done, and chances are that they are going to come up again

Ty
Original post by anish1699
What do you think the calc paper would be like in comparison to the horrendous non calc one?

I think it's going to be the same. :frown:
Original post by Magistl
Ty

I can give you all the possible topics that are going to come up.
I can give you the link or post it here.
Which one do you want?
Reply 11
You guys should go on mathswatch, it's got all the predicted stuff on there for paper 2..
Reply 12
Which one do you want?

Link via message please
Reply 13
Yeah but its so vague

Posted from TSR Mobile
There'll probably be some calculator skills things on there too, there usually is.
Some maths teachers said that the likely topics for the last question (hardest) are histograms and proof.
Which one do you want?

If possible, may I have the link aswell please? :smile:
Reply 16
My teacher sent our class this paper: http://justmaths.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Best-Guess-Paper-2-Edexcel-Linear.pdf. It's for the higher tier.

The foundation version is here: http://justmaths.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Best-Guess-Paper-2-Edexcel-Linear-FOUNDATION.pdf

It's a best guess paper, so contains questions that teachers think will come up. Can't vouch for the accuracy of its predictions but it's worth doing for revision. It's from this website, which also has a topics list on http://justmaths.co.uk/2014/06/09/best-guess-paper-2/
Original post by PeacefulSniper
If possible, may I have the link aswell please? :smile:

No problem!!. I'll message it to you.:smile:
Reply 18
where are the answers for this paper???
Reply 19
Original post by iramfiaz
where are the answers for this paper???

If you're referring to the paper I posted, then I can't seem to find the answers I'm afraid.

I'll be happy to check or discuss a question with you if you need though :smile: I like maths :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending