The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by University of Birmingham

Spoiler

This is a fantastic response to our concerns and really has reassured me, thanks very much!
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by adi19956
This is a fantastic response to our concerns and really has reassured me, thanks very much!

You're welcome!
We just wanted to reassure those of you concerned about the opening of the University School.

The University of Birmingham School is an autonomous school which is currently being built on the University’s satellite campus about a mile and a half away from main campus.

The School is a partnership between the Department of Education and the University and will be run by an independent trust.

Pupils at the School will have some access to University facilities, but this will be in a controlled and timetabled way, and always under supervision.

We also hope that University students will find the School a welcome addition to the wider University community and be able to utilise opportunities for personal development such as mentoring and volunteering with children there.

If you ever have any concerns that you'd like to address to us directly, you can always ask us on Twitter at @unibirmingham or Facebook at facebook.com/unibirmingham.

We are really looking forward to welcoming you here, and hope this has given you some reassurance.

University of Birmingham

What kind of University facilities?? Does that mean library, sports, labs...
You're welcome!

Do the students get a copy of this timetable?
Original post by emla001
Anyone else to study joint honors English Lit and Drama come September?

Yep I am!! :smile:
Anyone doing Mechanical Engineering? :smile:
Original post by brettgmason
Yep I am!! :smile:

Amazing! I know absolutely no-one going to birmingham let alone to study english/drama! What accommodation have you applied for?
Money, Banking and Finance?
Stressing out here :frown:(( what is there lenience on entry grades? My offer was AAB and I'm predicted A*AB but just in case?? Would the accept ABB for international management?
Original post by loptopflop
Stressing out here :frown:(( what is there lenience on entry grades? My offer was AAB and I'm predicted A*AB but just in case?? Would the accept ABB for international management?

Don't stress, the typical offer for Mech Eng is AAB but I got an ABB and UoB gave me an unconditional offer. Do your best!
Original post by AbdulRI
Don't stress, the typical offer for Mech Eng is AAB but I got an ABB and UoB gave me an unconditional offer. Do your best!

Hey brum has asked me for AAA . If i was to get ABB do you think they'll still accept me? So worried :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I want to apply for Nursing at Birmingham university this September but they want 2 gcses at A*-B and 3 at c.

I only have 1 gcse thats A*-B!

Is there a chance of me getting in?
But I meet the A level requirements
Original post by ItsJustMe17
Hey brum has asked me for AAA . If i was to get ABB do you think they'll still accept me? So worried :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here, but AAA to ABB is abit of a long shot, depends on all kinds of factors eg.. amount achieved offer and what your app is like, try your best to get your offer :smile:
Original post by Hobes1
Same here, but AAA to ABB is abit of a long shot, depends on all kinds of factors eg.. amount achieved offer and what your app is like, try your best to get your offer :smile:

I finished my last exam yesterday but i think i messed up on history (35% of final grade) and my last economics (25%) which means i don't think ill get my A now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I finished my last exam yesterday but i think i messed up on history (35% of final grade) and my last economics (25%) which means i don't think ill get my A now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you do economics yesterday aswell xD bitch of an exam. What is you're course?
Original post by Hobes1
Did you do economics yesterday aswell xD bitch of an exam. What is you're course?

Haha yeah i did lol. Im with OCR . I feel like i chose the wrong question but it was too late to change :frown: lol you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha yeah i did lol. Im with OCR . I feel like i chose the wrong question but it was too late to change :frown: lol you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

AQA. I mean you're course at brum? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it doesn't work out you can always write to them and ask them to strongly consider you. But UoB usually accepts applicants on clearing with AAB-ABB so don't worry too much. You'll make your offer!
Reply 1519
Hi is anyone doing International Business Bsc? Or applied to Jarratt hall for accommodation? I'm so late with these posts... :')

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending