The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Scroll to see replies

Transformers is likely to come up for a P5 6 -mark.

Anyway, I'm giving up on P5. I get it, sort of but it's frustrating me so I'm going to move on to some P6 which will make me a lot happier :biggrin:
Original post by ToLiveInADream

Anyway, I'm giving up on P5. I get it, sort of but it's frustrating me so I'm going to move on to some P6 which will make me a lot happier :biggrin:

Haha P6 is so short also in the CGP!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Swag>education
What's the difference between a reaction force and interaction pair also do distance time graphs show direction if its going downhill I.e back to the start

The reaction force is created when an object is put on a surface. It is basically the surface pushing up with an equal force.
An interaction pair of forces involve two different objects. They are equal in size, and opposite in direction. The object pushing down on a surface, and the reaction of the surface is an interaction pair.
Idk if that made sense, but I hope it helps you!
Hey, do you guys have any revision tips for me? I don't know how I should revise. I have done pretty much everything but need to go over it?
Are there any things I could do to guarantee that I know everything?
Thank you very much for your help:smile:)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1284
Can someone please give me a good website which explains p5?? I don't understand anything from electromagnetic stuff onwards, please help!!!!!
Reply 1285
Original post by ToLiveInADream

What points would you include for this? :smile:
Reply 1286
Original post by salihahmehmood
Hey, do you guys have any revision tips for me? I don't know how I should revise. I have done pretty much everything but need to go over it?
Are there any things I could do to guarantee that I know everything?
Thank you very much for your help:smile:)

Do you have any good websites that explain p5 and a tip would be to read write cover write, it will help the info stick in your head:smile::smile:
Any got any predictions on what might come up on the test. :smile:
Reply 1288
Original post by Sulfur
What points would you include for this? :smile:

sorry i can't seem to work private messaging but sulphur do you mind helping me with p5 please ? Im struggling and still have p4 and p6 to do so urgent help please:frown::frown:
What's the difference between a distance time graph and displacement time graph?
Reply 1290
Original post by romaiseb
What's the difference between a distance time graph and displacement time graph?

Displacement has direction. (E.g -10m/s is just in the opposite direction.)
I really hope P456 goes as well as B456 and C456 :P
Original post by physicalgraffiti
I really hope P456 goes as well as B456 and C456 :P

Me to :biggrin: but physics scares me :frown:
Original post by romaiseb

Displacement is how far you've moved in a straight line. Distance is your real distance. If you finish where you started, your displacement is 0. Your distance is the total distance of the journey there and back.
Original post by ed__
Do you have any good websites that explain p5 and a tip would be to read write cover write, it will help the info stick in your head:smile::smile:

Theirs a youtuber for AQA who explains some of our topics :smile: if you have a revision guide by and what a video then you can make sure you only learning the important parts :smile: he's called mygcsescience and get's quite a lot of views from the AQA lot :smile: just search his name and a topic like transformers or motor effect and he'll have a video 5-10 mins on it with diagrams :smile:
Reply 1295
Can anyone please help me with all the motor stuff and induction stuff on p5? I don't understand it one bit and still have all of p4 and p6 to do :smile::smile:I'm not at all screwed:smile::smile:. You will be have the best karma ever and i will worship you for the rest of my life, please help!!!!
Reply 1296
Original post by lyricalvibe
Theirs a youtuber for AQA who explains some of our topics :smile: if you have a revision guide by and what a video then you can make sure you only learning the important parts :smile: he's called mygcsescience and get's quite a lot of views from the AQA lot :smile: just search his name and a topic like transformers or motor effect and he'll have a video 5-10 mins on it with diagrams :smile:

ill check him out, thanks!:smile:
Original post by olmyster911
I just had to go in for chemistry, although I just played on my phone the entire time.

It's not P4 or P6 that everyone's worried about though, it's the evil circuits!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah k, hah :smile:
Yep :yep: I'm worried about the whole thing :tongue: and I still haven't started p6 :/ how you progressing?
Can someone clear this up please?I really don't know :frown: :confused:
If mains electricity is induces and it is AC, how is it transported to houses and such? Wouldn't the current just turn back and forth and never actually go anywhere as opposed to direct current which goes in one direction?
How's revision going since I last posted people?

I've just finished notes of P6 (such an awesome module in an awful paper) and finished reading P4, I'm going to make notes on it after a short break. I used to hate P4 but it's actual all-right..just mathsy with simple maths?! Yay :biggrin: Then after, at around 6 I think I'll crack open P5 again and go over crap.

As soon as this exam is over tomorrow, I swear I'm going to be SO happy. The exam I'm dreading will be OVER!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending