The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Scroll to see replies

WHAT WERE THE 6 MARKERS ON THE JUNE 2013 paper eny1?

thanks
Original post by lyricalvibe
Can someone clear this up please?I really don't know :frown: :confused:
If mains electricity is induces and it is AC, how is it transported to houses and such? Wouldn't the current just turn back and forth and never actually go anywhere as opposed to direct current which goes in one direction?

I'm awful at P5..but isn't that step-down transformers? It lowers the current and increases the voltage through electromagnetic induction so it can travel through the national grid to houses. And there's just an AC current across the primary coil which induces the all important STEP-DOWN on the 2nd coil.
Original post by monisj1
WHAT WERE THE 6 MARKERS ON THE JUNE 2013 paper eny1?

thanks

P6 - Comparing nuclear fission & fusion (this sucks because now we won't get this awesome question

P5 - Comparing motors & generations (LOL @ THEM FOR GETTING THIS MWAHAHA)

P4 - Some easy ass energy transfer stuff eg. GPE - KE. (Sucks because it's such an easy question!)
Original post by romaiseb
What's the difference between a distance time graph and displacement time graph?

Gradient on distance = speed + only positive.

Displacement will go to - values to symbolise a change in direction.
Original post by Sulfur
What points would you include for this? :smile:

Oh, how clueless I would be. But if I'm in the right frame of mind:

-Electromagnetic induction
-There can be step-up/down
-Step up is often used to lower current and increase voltage in order to minimise wastage across the distribution over the national grid to houses which reduces cost and environmental cost.
-Include the formula
-Two coils connected to circuits. There is AC in the primary coil which causes magnetic field changes and therefore induces a voltage in the secondary coil blah blah

Etc etc. But obviously with any data they give us. Good luck for tomorrow :wink:
Reply 1305
Original post by ed__
sorry i can't seem to work private messaging but sulphur do you mind helping me with p5 please ? Im struggling and still have p4 and p6 to do so urgent help please:frown::frown:

I'm in the exact same situation! I hate P5 and I'm struggling too :frown: :frown:
Reply 1306
Original post by ToLiveInADream
Oh, how clueless I would be. But if I'm in the right frame of mind:

-Electromagnetic induction
-There can be step-up/down
-Step up is often used to lower current and increase voltage in order to minimise wastage across the distribution over the national grid to houses which reduces cost and environmental cost.
-Include the formula
-Two coils connected to circuits. There is AC in the primary coil which causes magnetic field changes and therefore induces a voltage in the secondary coil blah blah

Etc etc. But obviously with any data they give us. Good luck for tomorrow :wink:

Thank you very much! :smile: Now I hope that this comes up.
Reply 1307
Original post by Sulfur
I'm in the exact same situation! I hate P5 and I'm struggling too :frown: :frown:

urgh the book is vague and makes no sense!!:frown::frown: it was only 27 for an a last year so may the low grade boundaries be in our favour haha
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lyricalvibe
Ah k, hah :smile:
Yep :yep: I'm worried about the whole thing :tongue: and I still haven't started p6 :/ how you progressing?

um..since I last replied to you I've done....nothing :biggrin: wbu
Reply 1309
Original post by ed__
urgh the book is vague and makes no sense!!:frown::frown: it was only 27 for an a last year so may the low grade boundaries be in our favour haha

They've all been low it seems for Physics so yup we can only hope!
a physics exam can never be easy even if they tried!
Reply 1311
If you are struggling with physics you can go on youtube and write in drphysicsA and go on his gcse playlist. He has many videos and he explains a lot of the topics in detail and clearly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all,
Is weight measured in newtons and mass measured in kg?

Anyone know any predictions that are likely to come up?

Thanks.
What are the normal grade boundaries for p456? Is it as high as chemistry and biology? For example is it still 40-45 for an A*? If it is i can wave my a* goodbye i am so bad at physics :frown:
Reply 1314
Original post by Amyjonesx
What are the normal grade boundaries for p456? Is it as high as chemistry and biology? For example is it still 40-45 for an A*? If it is i can wave my a* goodbye i am so bad at physics :frown:
no its nowhere near as high it was 31 for an a* last year so it can be only max 35 for a* this year:smile:
Has anyone got the mark scheme for the June 2013 P456 paper? I'm kinda desperate as I couldn't find it on the website -_- Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is velocity just another word for speed?
can someone make a list of all the formlae for P4 please?? :colondollar:
Reply 1318
Original post by cupcakes16
Is velocity just another word for speed?

Yup, but velocity has size and direction. :smile:
Reply 1319
Original post by saeranee
can someone make a list of all the formlae for P4 please?? :colondollar:

It's all given in the exam.

The one's that aren't given as clearly are these though:

GPE = weight (kg) x gravity (ms2) x height (m)
Weight = mass (kg) x gravity (ms2)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending