The Student Room Group

OCR B Religion and Philosophy B GCSE

Couldn't see one of these that existed, I know it's a bit late as well. But if anyone wants to chat about tomorrow's Philosophy paper and what units they're doing, feel free.

I'm doing: Beliefs about Deity (Christianity), End of Life (Hinduism), Good and Evil (Christianity) and Religion and Science (Christianity)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lerjj
Couldn't see one of these that existed, I know it's a bit late as well. But if anyone wants to chat about tomorrow's Philosophy paper and what units they're doing, feel free.

I'm doing: Beliefs about Deity (Christianity), End of Life (Hinduism), Good and Evil (Christianity) and Religion and Science (Christianity)

all of mine are Christianity :smile: know any good sites for revision? bitesize is rubbish when it comes to RE
Reply 2
Original post by emmasaunders98
all of mine are Christianity :smile: know any good sites for revision? bitesize is rubbish when it comes to RE

No, sorry. I just had a look at the previous two years' d) and e) part questions. My revision strategy seems to be find people on TSR to talk to :colondollar:
I'm doing the same topics too but for Christianity. I made some revision note things which may/may not be useful? They are really bad and probably have a ton of typos I haven't noticed! :colondollar:

Good luck everyone! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
those notes are really helpful, looking at them now before the exam, thanks :smile:
How did your exam go? The Good & Evil questions I thought were easy but Revelation I found tricky
I found the Good and Evil part e question horrible, cuz I found it hard to think about the two groups to involve. My religion was Islam...what was i suppose to write for that question? The question was " bad people will never do good things." I rambled about rubbish so i might only get a 7 maybe even 6 out of 12.

No other weird part e questions, so that was fine :smile::smile::smile:
Original post by jhdwuaguigcig
I found the Good and Evil part e question horrible, cuz I found it hard to think about the two groups to involve. My religion was Islam...what was i suppose to write for that question? The question was " bad people will never do good things." I rambled about rubbish so i might only get a 7 maybe even 6 out of 12.

No other weird part e questions, so that was fine :smile::smile::smile:

I was doing Christianity :smile:

I hated the 'Religion starts with revelation' question e) - What could you write?
I did Christianity too - I did Belief about Deity, End of Life, Good and Evil and Religion and Science.

In the changing rooms after the exams we all decided we were a bit stumped for the 12 marker for Religion and Science. It was 'Religion and science must exist together'. I mean, you could talk about the differences between the Bible and science, but that was about it.

It was a long two hours. I know I didn't do as well as I could have done as the school orchestra decided to have their rehearsal 15 minutes in, and the invigilator going to tell them took another 5, which was about 10 minutes being distracted by all manner of instruments. I also was daydreaming about my bed and staring at the clock for 60% of the exam. Yeah...didn't go too well.
Original post by chronicmusic
I was doing Christianity :smile:

I hated the 'Religion starts with revelation' question e) - What could you write?

I didn't do religion and revelation sorry, but it sound hard to write about :eek:

Did you use loads of quotes for your part e questions?
I didn't do religion and revelation sorry, but it sound hard to write about :eek:

Did you use loads of quotes for your part e questions?

I tried to hbu?
I tried to hbu?

Uhhh...Kinda :redface: but I'm happy it's over! Now I've only got another 5 exams left :smile::cool::biggrin:
Original post by katinthehat
I did Christianity too - I did Belief about Deity, End of Life, Good and Evil and Religion and Science.

In the changing rooms after the exams we all decided we were a bit stumped for the 12 marker for Religion and Science. It was 'Religion and science must exist together'. I mean, you could talk about the differences between the Bible and science, but that was about it.

It was a long two hours. I know I didn't do as well as I could have done as the school orchestra decided to have their rehearsal 15 minutes in, and the invigilator going to tell them took another 5, which was about 10 minutes being distracted by all manner of instruments. I also was daydreaming about my bed and staring at the clock for 60% of the exam. Yeah...didn't go too well.

Yeah R&S wasn't as straight forward as I wanted it to be but I did something. Though, how did you even have time to daydream???? Your school should have totally given you extra mins for the orchestra. I would have been so annoyed!
Yeah R&S wasn't as straight forward as I wanted it to be but I did something. Though, how did you even have time to daydream???? Your school should have totally given you extra mins for the orchestra. I would have been so annoyed!

It was really annoying - we had the windows open in the gym and they had theirs open in the music room which is opposite, so it wasn't quiet either! I don't really know, I was day dreaming while I was writing :wink:

So relieved it's over though! Just waiting for results now I guess...:s-smilie:
Uhhh...Kinda :redface: but I'm happy it's over! Now I've only got another 5 exams left :smile::cool::biggrin:

I only have 2 left
:bl:
Original post by katinthehat
It was really annoying - we had the windows open in the gym and they had theirs open in the music room which is opposite, so it wasn't quiet either! I don't really know, I was day dreaming while I was writing :wink:

So relieved it's over though! Just waiting for results now I guess...:s-smilie:

So I guess you are one of them lucky multi talented people who can write and daydream at the same time :biggrin:
Results day, arg! That's another problem :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
I only have 2 left
:bl:

Lucky! Omd that is such a cool emoticons XD
Lucky! Omd that is such a cool emoticons XD

Hahahahaha IKR! Thanks
:kungfu:
How did you guys find the Deity section, for Christianity?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by colouring
How did you guys find the Deity section, for Christianity?

Good, you? I thought the part e was easy compared to the others. And I had a similar question in our mock, so I sort of knew what to write :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending