The Student Room Group

#Girl gamer

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Noone cares if you're a girl gamer. I've always seen this phrase as a desperate attempt for attention from guys to be so keen on letting people know you are.
Reply 2
Original post by Shiroyuki

Haha same!
Ignore fast love, they're probably just jealous cause they canny play video games like we do :smile:

What games do you play?
Reply 3
Original post by katbob
Haha same!
Ignore fast love, they're probably just jealous cause they canny play video games like we do :smile:

What games do you play?

I play on PS4 and PC.

Minecraft/hearthstone/sims and then watchdogs/last of us/GTA/wildstar

How about you? :biggrin:
Haha this thread reminds me of the Feminist Gaming Illuminati. But I think the girls that started FGI have a point tbh. You have a right not to be persecuted just for playing games. What's ur fav game of all time?
Reply 5
If you're not hot and/or uber, I couldn't care less that you are a 'girl gamer'.
I used to play on crash bandicoot when I was younger. Oh it was brilliant. :tongue:
Reply 7
This is so sad. You're not a gurrrrl gamuh, you're just a gamer. Hell, you're someone who plays games.
I'm a guy gamer. What's my prize?
Original post by NathanW18
I'm a guy gamer. What's my prize?

Ehm. Girls calling you a nerd. And not in a positive way.
Original post by Jalal Uddin
Ehm. Girls calling you a nerd. And not in a positive way.

They tend not to do that over the age of 13.
Reply 11
I play on PS4 and PC.

Minecraft/hearthstone/sims and then watchdogs/last of us/GTA/wildstar

How about you? :biggrin:

Not got the PS4 yet :frown:
PS3, Cod black ops, world at war and the drake series

Do you have steam? I usually play left 4 dead or Counter Stoke Global offence.
What's your favourite?
Btw, don't laugh, but what's Minecraft?? Its like everywhere and I have no idea what it is :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by Mockery
If you're not hot and/or uber, I couldn't care less that you are a 'girl gamer'.

:talkhand:

Original post by Клейтон
Haha this thread reminds me of the Feminist Gaming Illuminati. But I think the girls that started FGI have a point tbh. You have a right not to be persecuted just for playing games. What's ur fav game of all time?

Minecraft
Reply 13
Original post by katbob
Not got the PS4 yet :frown:
PS3, Cod black ops, world at war and the drake series

Do you have steam? I usually play left 4 dead or Counter Stoke Global offence.
What's your favourite?
Btw, don't laugh, but what's Minecraft?? Its like everywhere and I have no idea what it is :frown:

I dont have steam atm no. :frown:

Minecraft is a building game on PC. It's not serious :biggrin:
Original post by katbob
Haha same!

What games do you play?

Nah, they just see it as silly that you need to specify "girl gamer" like there aren't millions of female gamers.
no fifa no care
I didn't even know this was a thing. I guess I'm a gamer and I'm a girl lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by desdemonata
Nah, they just see it as silly that you need to specify "girl gamer" like there aren't millions of female gamers.

Yeah but its rare to find them, well for me, and make friends with them.

I dont have steam atm no. :frown:

Minecraft is a building game on PC. It's not serious :biggrin:

Noo why not?!! :frown:
Ohh lol.. Is it worth checking out?
I actually hate this term. Yes, I am female. Yes, I play video games. And?

It's usually used by girls who want special treatment or guys who think they're superior because 'she's just a girl gamer'. It's implying that there's something inherently different about playing games just because it's a girl and not a boy.

Like yeah okay maybe it's less common to have girls playing games but it really doesn't make us special in any way.
Original post by katbob
Yeah but its rare to find them, well for me, and make friends with them.

I know plenty of girls who are gamers. About the same amount of guys I know that are gamers; by that I mean people who play more than just one game (Fifa, COD) or people who play a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest