The Student Room Group

About to be 21 and still a virgin

I know these threads appear all the time on TSR and I realise I'm going to get a few groans from people who have heard enough of this kind of whining. To those people, I must say I apologise. I realise I'm boring you but I didn't know where else to turn to.

So basically, I'm not that unattractive; I feel self-conscious about a certain jaw problem (which doctors, falsely, think I'm making up) but even with that I'm not ugly. I know that of course but I still have no idea how to approach girls, or for that matter people in general. Unlike a lot of the guys who write these kinds of posts, I have long-standing issues not only getting girlfriends but also making friends. For the entirety of my time at secondary school (which started at year 9 as I wasprivately educated), I had one friend, but even he was slightly contemptuous of me as he himself had two or three. I'm not complaining here. I understand that it's my fault because I was a retarded piece of **** back then. In any case, I won't ever get laid because I'm worthless. But I had a chance to hang myself about a year and a half ago but let my family persuade me it was a bad idea. It clearly wasn't. I hope you can finally give me some incentive to to take the man's way out.

Don't worry. You'd be doing me and everyone else who has to suffer my existence a favour.
tbh... unlucky
Original post by SimpVeggie
I know these threads appear all the time on TSR and I realise I'm going to get a few groans from people who have heard enough of this kind of whining. To those people, I must say I apologise. I realise I'm boring you but I didn't know where else to turn to.

So basically, I'm not that unattractive; I feel self-conscious about a certain jaw problem (which doctors, falsely, think I'm making up) but even with that I'm not ugly. I know that of course but I still have no idea how to approach girls, or for that matter people in general. Unlike a lot of the guys who write these kinds of posts, I have long-standing issues not only getting girlfriends but also making friends. For the entirety of my time at secondary school (which started at year 9 as I wasprivately educated), I had one friend, but even he was slightly contemptuous of me as he himself had two or three. I'm not complaining here. I understand that it's my fault because I was a retarded piece of **** back then. In any case, I won't ever get laid because I'm worthless. But I had a chance to hang myself about a year and a half ago but let my family persuade me it was a bad idea. It clearly wasn't. I hope you can finally give me some incentive to to take the man's way out.

Don't worry. You'd be doing me and everyone else who has to suffer my existence a favour.

:lolwut: This took a turn for the worst?

Well with that attitude my dear boy you're not gonna get much outta life. Assert yourself. Ignore the imperfections. Pound the gavel of confidence! Buck the haters! Take life by the scrotum and twist it till he's yours!

Okay? Hope this helps! :crossedf:
Reply 3
Original post by SimpVeggie

OP, committing suicide is not the right thing to do. Please never contemplate or allow that kind of thoughts to invade your mind ever again, it is not beneficial and is very destructive. We all feel unattractive sometimes and were not social butterflies at school (it's TSR lol, but seriously it is quite rare to find a faithful friend, some people might have had many friends, but how many were "friends in need and deed", I would hypothetically say that they will be few and far between), but overriding this feeling is the best way to live. Have confidence in yourself and look for features you find attractive in yourself and reaffirm yourself that your life IS worth it. Stop looking down on yourself!

Just because society (this is just a fally called argumentum ad populum) have a negative perspective of virgins does not mean that being a virgin is something disgusting, lack of a social life, unattractive et al for whatever reasons that world contorts about virgins being the bane of existence. I am here to tell you that they are wrong, being a virgin IS a good thing, no matter if society says otherwise. Society has lost it's morals, and hence forces sexual perversion, promiscuity etc on everyone, but please don't succumb to this lifestyle. Being a virgin is not as rare as you might think and it is a thing to be highly valued in today's society. I know of virgins that are older than you and they are not unattractive or whatever negative notion that society thinks of them, they actually hold their virginity with pride, so do the same OP! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
I'm 24 and a virgin you've got nothing to worry about. Just live your life, if it comes it comes, if it doesn't then try a hooker.

Not everything necassarily applies to you but that's not the point. The point is suicide is selfish and cowardly. If you don't value your life at the moment use it to help others, even if it's no fun for you. Don't even consider what you're saying though. Just stop it.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending