The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Roger1
Fedal might not happen. Nadal can lose to Kohlschreiber and Federer to Nishikori.

I'd be happy to see Nikishori get his revenge over Nadal.
Original post by Rakas21
I'd be happy to see Nikishori get his revenge over Nadal.

Me too. He was so unlucky in Madrid.
Does anyone have any experience buying Wimbledon tickets? Or knows what's the best chance of getting day queue tickets? Can you buy tickets for day 6 if you queue on day 1 ?
Original post by Skkc16
Don't see the point, we usually just keep it in here and it's much easier to follow....the Fantasy Wimbledon sounds like a fun prospect

I was just thinking it would make it easier for the less regular members, the seasonal tennis fans, to come in and Chat about Wimbledon. Think it's less imposing for them to come in and chat in a few day old thread with a medium numbers of posts instead of jumping in on a megathread this size. (Tbh this one would still be used as well probably by the more serious regular fans but sometimes fragmentation can help promote more discussion)

I've not looked at Fantasy wimbledon before, Found this link last night. What do you reckon? Seem good? I'd like to get the pro opinions before i start a thread etc for it.

]http://www.grandslamfantasytennis.com/rules-prizes/

What do people think of that site for Fantasy Wimbledon tournament?

I'm sure i could arrange some TSR funded prizes to get everyone involved and excited! :ahee:
I don't predict Nadal would lose tbh.
Entirely agree with the chat thread, there's nothing worse than 2 week tennis fans who think Murray can do no wrong. The Verdasco match was a brilliant example of how they believed he brilliantly fought back against all odds while the reality was that it was an epic and quite horrific third set choke from Verdasco.
Federer loses first set 6-7 against Sousa in Halle. The old man's playing like crap at the moment. His return-of-serve in particular has been piss poor so far.
Fed's return is crap so far. The rest of his game is looking good.
http://tennishasasteroidproblem.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/curious-case-of-rafael-nadal.html

Interesting blog.

Having read through many of the articles on there and elsewhere, I'm convinced that Nadal is the Lance Armstrong of tennis and that tennis now resembles cycling in the 90s i.e. nearly everyone on PEDs and a governing body unwilling to do anything about it.

Let's be honest, if Nadal were to fail a drugs test, do you think the ITF would out him and ban him or keep it hush? I think the latter.
Original post by TheBritishArmy
http://tennishasasteroidproblem.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/curious-case-of-rafael-nadal.html

Interesting blog.

Having read through many of the articles on there and elsewhere, I'm convinced that Nadal is the Lance Armstrong of tennis and that tennis now resembles cycling in the 90s i.e. nearly everyone on PEDs and a governing body unwilling to do anything about it.

Let's be honest, if Nadal were to fail a drugs test, do you think the ITF would out him and ban him or keep it hush? I think the latter.

Personally I actually think Federer and Nadal are clean and always have been. Nadal is remarkable but steroids don't give you the mental strength he has.

Now if you want to see a player who suddenly made a step up in body and game then look to Djokovic with suspicion. I'd say Murray too but to be fair his grand slams have come from relatively easy draws with big players going out early.
Original post by Rakas21
Entirely agree with the chat thread, there's nothing worse than 2 week tennis fans who think Murray can do no wrong. The Verdasco match was a brilliant example of how they believed he brilliantly fought back against all odds while the reality was that it was an epic and quite horrific third set choke from Verdasco.

True. It benefits both crowds tbh.

They get a less intimidating experience to come share their newbie opinions on tennis and you guys get to have the overly detailed critical analysis of the game without having to sift through their posts.

Can you go check out the Fantasy tennis game i linked to please?

I think it may be too complicated for most people tbh but am not sure.

If it is too complicated then we could play "Predict the final score of each of Murray's Games" or something. With tiebreakers of the total time taken. And get some small prizes together for the winners.
It's sad how Federer is struggling against a clay courter on his best surface. This man is finished. Should have retired after Wimbledon 2012. Sampras was so wise in this regard but Federer's ego kept him from doing the same.
Original post by Roger1
It's sad how Federer is struggling against a clay courter on his best surface. This man is finished. Should have retired after Wimbledon 2012. Sampras was so wise in this regard but Federer's ego kept him from doing the same.

Why should he retire if he still enjoys playing?
Original post by TheBritishArmy

Interesting blog.

Well, we known from Operation Puerto that at least some of the Spanish players are doping because Dr. Fuentes has admitted this himself. The Spanish government conveniently decided to destroy the relevant blood bags though so we don't know for now who the culprits are. I agree with Rakas though that if one top player has been doping then so probably have the others by necessity, and so it's perhaps unfair to focus on one individual.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm only going to be chatting about Wimbledon on here, I don't need no second thread. Leave that for the casuals!
Original post by hskjlclcn
I'm only going to be chatting about Wimbledon on here, I don't need no second thread. Leave that for the casuals!

That's alright. thought i'd come check with you guys before i did anything. Seems both groups win from a second thread.

Reposting this as lack of responses. If you guys reply i will set it up and you'll kick ass with superior tennis knowledge and win prizes...

I've not looked at Fantasy wimbledon before, Found this link last night. What do you reckon? Seem good? I'd like to get the pro opinions before i start a thread etc for it.

]http://www.grandslamfantasytennis.com/rules-prizes/

What do people think of that site for Fantasy Wimbledon tournament?

I'm sure i could arrange some TSR funded prizes to get everyone involved and excited!
Murray a set and a break down at Queen's Aegon Championships. Stepanek only needs to hold 2 more serves and he wins the match which is looking likely. Definitely not the auspicious start Mauresmo and Murray would of been hoping for their partnership.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looks good.
And Murray is almost out. One game away.
This Dustin Brown really is something else.

Quick Reply

Latest