The Student Room Group

Could I still pass AQA Sociology?

Last year I got an overall 'D', with a 'C' in the Wealth, Poverty and Welfare unit and a 'D' in the Education unit. I repeated the education unit this year along with my A2, but I don't think I passed it.
I don't think I done too well in the Unit 3 exam (Power and Politics) either. But the Unit 4 exam (Crime and Deviance is on Monday and I am feeling a lot more confident about that than I was about the other two.
So would it still be possible for me to scrape and overall C if I got a good grade in the Crime and Deviance exam?
Reply 1
Original post by leonneoneill
Last year I got an overall 'D', with a 'C' in the Wealth, Poverty and Welfare unit and a 'D' in the Education unit. I repeated the education unit this year along with my A2, but I don't think I passed it.
I don't think I done too well in the Unit 3 exam (Power and Politics) either. But the Unit 4 exam (Crime and Deviance is on Monday and I am feeling a lot more confident about that than I was about the other two.
So would it still be possible for me to scrape and overall C if I got a good grade in the Crime and Deviance exam?

Hey, im in a similar position as you! In my AS year, I got two C's, which averaged my AS grade to a C.
I was told that I would need to high D's to get a C in A2 Sociology overall...
I sat the Beliefs in Society paper the other day... Im not sure if I got a high D in that though.. hopefully in Crime&Deviance I can manage to scrape a low C!

For you, I'd say that you would need maybe a high C and a high D which could average you to a C...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
I'm aiming for an A in the C&D paper, so hopefully I get at least a B. I don't think I even managed a D in the Power and Politics paper, it was horrible.
I'm not really depending on passing it though the uni course I want to get into only requires two B's and I'm sitting on two A's.
I regret picking Sociology so much, it is not my type of subject..

Quick Reply

Latest