The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

And Murray is out. Radek was always gonna be a tricky competitor on grass and Murray didn't play at his best, so no surprises.
Original post by Roger1
And Murray is out. Radek was always gonna be a tricky competitor on grass and Murray didn't play at his best, so no surprises.

Stepanek just had Murray's number today. I guess this result demonstrates the long way Murray needs to go to get back in the top 4 of the world rankings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doppelgänger
Stepanek just had Murray's number today. I guess this result demonstrates the long way Murray needs to go to get back in the top 4 of the world rankings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure Andy will be fine for Wimbledon. He lost early at Queens in 2012 too but ended up making the final so this result will have probably have no bearing on his Wimbledon performance.
Original post by Roger1
I'm sure Andy will be fine for Wimbledon. He lost early at Queens in 2012 too but ended up making the final so this result will have probably have no bearing on his Wimbledon performance.

Perhaps, but having lost comprehensively to Nadal on Clay, defending his title hear would of been a morale booster given that grass courts is his domain. Hopefully, we'll get a reaction of the match from Murray in an interview sometime today - until then I'm not convinced this will have no bearing on Wimbledon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doppelgänger
Perhaps, but having lost comprehensively to Nadal on Clay, defending his title hear would of been a morale booster given that grass courts is his domain. Hopefully, we'll get a reaction of the match from Murray in an interview sometime today - until then I'm not convinced this will have no bearing on Wimbledon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Time will tell mate. I think Murray will be alright for Wimbledon. I don't expect him to win but he will at least reach the SFs.
well, I've missed quite a lot today. - just tuned in to Halle to see that Nadal has just lost the first set.
Nadal struggling on grass once again but Brown is really talented player.
I wanted to see Fed beat Nadal in the final but it looks like it won't happen. :frown:
5-0 brown in the 2nd set.
Original post by Roger1
Nadal struggling on grass once again but Brown is really talented player.

Very one-sided second set. Murray losing at Queen's, Nadal losing here, Fed through in 3 - not sure whether they're taking this seriously?
Original post by Roger1
I wanted to see Fed beat Nadal in the final but it looks like it won't happen. :frown:

based on the way Rafa's playing, Fed would have had a very good chance - looks like it's not to be
Original post by Krish4791
Very one-sided second set. Murray losing at Queen's, Nadal losing here, Fed through in 3 - not sure whether they're taking this seriously?

Nadal losing in not a surprise. Murray choked away the 1st set and Federer's returning was subpar. They need to make improvements although Nadal might be done on grass.
based on the way Rafa's playing, Fed would have had a very good chance - looks like it's not to be

Looks like we won't ever see Nad-Fed on grass ever again. :frown:
It's a shame Nole doesn't play Halle or Queens anymore. Maybe, he will play one next year with the gap between RG and Wimbledon increasing by one week.
3 consecutive losses on grass for Nadal - really needs to do something about that.
3 consecutive losses on grass for Nadal - really needs to do something about that.

He probably doesn't care much about grass anymore, me thinks.
Querrey has to be the most boring player ever. No charisma, no talent..... The guy is as dull as watching paint dry.
Reply 1197
To be honest I think the fact Nadal didn't withdraw from Halle is more surprising than his actual defeat. Brown is a decent player and Nadal is likely still recovering from the French. I doubt he would have wanted to progress too far at Halle either.

As for Murray, he looked knackered at the end of his run at the French so he can't really afford a deep run into Queen's if he wants to challenge at Wimbledon, the break should do him good.
Original post by Roger1
Time will tell mate. I think Murray will be alright for Wimbledon. I don't expect him to win but he will at least reach the SFs.

Agreed. SFs is a minimum aim and should be helped by the fact he's top 4 seeded at Wimbledon. Just a shame he couldn't rack up more grass court minutes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
While pitiful we at least have Dimitrov, Nikishori and Federer to keep us entertained.

Quick Reply

Latest