The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Easiest paper I have done in my life, I will get 100% raw marks, as per usual.
Original post by TheSweatyNerd
Easiest paper I have done in my life, I will get 100% raw marks, as per usual.

Ikr! What did you get for current? Calculation. .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by huwgerard
What did everyone think of the paper? I wasn't sure about the ice rink question or the 14000N rope question when the car has a weight of 12000N ( can't remember the exact numbers)
Thanks
:smile:

The rope has 12000N

Whilst the car has 14000N.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the car and rope one I said it wouldn't snap because weight is a vertical force, the only thing which would affect the tension of the rope would be a horizontal force like the drag of the car.
Original post by Eradicating
Ikr! What did you get for current? Calculation. .

Posted from TSR Mobile

5.83 or 7.83 I think.
Original post by jhjamie
For the car and rope one I said it wouldn't snap because weight is a vertical force, the only thing which would affect the tension of the rope would be a horizontal force like the drag of the car.

I wrote it will snap because as the velocity is constant, the car is pulling the truck back by its drag by 14000N. Thus the truck will have exert a equal but opposite force and thus the truck will have 14000N to opposite direction. The rope will break as tension is applied because it has a force of 12000N.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TheSweatyNerd
5.83 or 7.83 I think.

It wad 7.7.... round it up to 7 8

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wrote it will snap because as the velocity is constant, the car is pushing the truck back by its drag by 14000N. Thus the truck will have exert a equal but opposite force (<--) thus will be 14000N. This will mean that tension will applied to the rope and will split as it has less force then both the directions of the car (drag) and truck.

Dunno I guessed that one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure, I asked my teacher about it and told him my answer and he said I was correct? I could be wrong though.
It wad 7.7.... round it up to 7 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh 7.8
If the velocity is constant and all forces are in balance then surely the rope can't snap? It will only snap if there's a resultant force, no?
Reply 11
The rope will not snap. It will be able to tow the car. I had a 5.83 answer somewhere.
Original post by Akashi
The rope will not snap. It will be able to tow the car. I had a 5.83 answer somewhere.

5.8? For what. .

It was 7.8

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
5.8? For what. .

It was 7.8

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't remember if the question was how long did it take for the acceleration to take. It was something like 20-13/something. What was the current question?
Original post by Akashi
I can't remember if the question was how long did it take for the acceleration to take. It was something like 20-13/something. What was the current question?

It was rearranging the acceleration formula

T= 20-13 × (... I forgot.

Current =power/voltage

It was 7.8:biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
20-13/T = 1.2 right?
Original post by Akashi
20-13/T = 1.2 right?

you had to find time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
you had to find time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep. 1.2 = 20-13/T so 1.2 x t = 20-13. 20-13/1.2 = T. T = 5.83
Original post by Akashi
Yep. 1.2 = 20-13/T so 1.2 x t = 20-13. 20-13/1.2 = T. T = 5.83

I don't remember doing that or getting that answer.

Most people rearranged the acceleration formula (v-u/t) to make t the object.

T= v-u × A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I don't remember doing that or getting that answer.

Most people rearranged the acceleration formula (v-u/t) to make t the object.

T= v-u × A

Posted from TSR Mobile

A = v-u/T. You can't just do A x v-u because v-u isn't dividing - it is being divided. Therefore, its reciprocal is not to just multiply it out.
The numbers were 1.2 = 20-13/T. Using your method T would = 8.4. Insert it into the first equation (A = v-u/t). 1.2=7/8.4. It doesn't work.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest