The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Akashi
A = v-u/T. You can't just do A x v-u because v-u isn't dividing - it is being divided. Therefor its reciprocal is not do just multiply it out.
The numbers were 1.2 = 20-13/T. Using your method T would = 8.4. Insert it into the first equation (A = v-u/t). 1.2=7/8.4. It doesn't work.

Let's wait for other users.

Because our teacher told us that we rearranged correctly and that in order to get rid of divide and for t to become the subject, you had to times.

I don't know tbh but most people I know got 8.4:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Eradicating

Because our teacher told us that we rearranged correctly and that in order to get rid of divide and for t to become the subject, you had to times.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it is 8.4 then why is it that 1.2 = 7/8.4 will not work? It's not logically possible. A = V-U/T = A x T = V-U =
T = V-U/A.

A = v-u/t =
1.2 = 7/8.4 (using your method). 7/8.4 = 0.83.

Using T = V-U/A and getting 5.83 as our answer and inserting it into A = v-u/t we get 1.2 = 7/5.83. 7/5.83 gives us our corresponding unit for acceleration.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Akashi
If it is 8.4 then why is it that 1.2 = 7/8.4 will not work? It's not logically possible. A = V-U/T = A x T = V-U =
T = V-U/A.

was 1.2 the acceleration,

Tbh maths isn't my strongest point. Idk aha@ your probably right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
was 1.2 the acceleration,

Tbh maths isn't my strongest point. Idk aha@ your probably right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, 1.2 was the acceleration. If many people got 8.4 then, unfortunately, they've made a mistake and lost a few marks.
Original post by Akashi
Yes, 1.2 was the acceleration. If many people got 8.4 then, unfortunately, they've made a mistake and lost a few marks.

aw well!

Good on your math skills aha!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
aw well!

Good on your math skills aha!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, wasn't much though haha. Simply re-arranging easy formulae.

Btw if you have maths tomorrow then you should learn how to re-arrange formulas asap.
Original post by Akashi
Thanks, wasn't much though haha. Simply re-arranging easy formulae.

Btw if you have maths tomorrow then you should learn how to re-arrange formulas asap.

LOL I already got a grade.

Cnt be asked 2 revise. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
LOL I already got a grade.

Cnt be asked 2 revise. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know how you feel. Revision is arduous and burdensome lol :s-smilie:. Got physics done this morning (so lucky it had parts of C2 or I wouldn't be able to finish it).
Original post by Akashi
I know how you feel. Revision is arduous and burdensome lol :s-smilie:. Got physics done this morning (so lucky it had parts of C2 or I wouldn't be able to finish it).

Exactly!

I learnt 4 topics at 4am to 8am! I literally never had time to touch the sciences except the night before.

Too much coursework etc. What are you aiming for? Me, A*/A* in physc and chemistry and A/A* (if lucky lol) in biology.

I'm good with exams so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Exactly!

I learnt 4 topics at 4am to 8am! I literally never had time to touch the sciences except the night before.

Too much coursework etc. What are you aiming for? Me, A*/A* in physc and chemistry and A/A* (if lucky lol) in biology.

I'm good with exams so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll wait for my results to come in before I say anything haha.
Original post by Akashi
I'll wait for my results to come in before I say anything haha.

Better safe then sorry aha@

So what did you write for current $ resistor one..

I wrote current flows through a resistor, transferring energy to the resistor making it heat up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

So what did you get 8.4?
Accelerations in m/s squared right ... I don`t understand
I got 4.9
Reply 32
Better safe then sorry aha@

So what did you write for current $ resistor one..

I wrote current flows through a resistor, transferring energy to the resistor making it heat up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Electrons in the current collide with ions in the resistor releasing energy in the form of heat causing the resistor to heat up.
Original post by Akira2014
So what did you get 8.4?
Accelerations in m/s squared right ... I don`t understand
I got 4.9

Its 5.33

It was wrong rearranging lol

It was t=v-u/a

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Akashi
Electrons in the current collide with ions in the resistor releasing energy in the form of heat causing the resistor to heat up.

But that was in metals?.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
But that was in metals?.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope? Electrons carry charge. When current passes through a resistor the electrons in the charge collide with the ions that make up the resistor. This causes heat energy to be released leading to the resistor heating up - this will get you full marks.
But that was in metals?.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The wire is metal.
Reply 37
Original post by Nothematic
The wire is metal.

Ah, so that's what he is talking about.

The wire is metal as it is a good conductor of electricity.
Not looking to hot on this exam paper :-(
Original post by Akashi
Nope? Electrons carry charge. When current passes through a resistor the electrons in the charge collide with the ions that make up the resistor. This causes heat energy to be released leading to the resistor heating up - this will get you full marks.

It was two marks! So do I get a mark for stating it transfers energy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest