The Student Room Group

Business BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma

I'm thinking of doing BTEC Business Level 3 Extended Diploma this year, I wanted to know what units will they be covering and also is it hard to get a D*?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm doing that course right now. I'm about to finish my first year and can tell you it's not that hard. If you can manage a few thousand words for each unit, you'll be fine. I've got a distinction in all my units so far and should finish with D*D*D* by the end of year 2.
The units they cover depends on your college. They pick 18 units from a list of over 40 units to carry out.
Good luck!
I can definitely imagine the course being a bore if you haven't got tutors who want you to try new things and take you out of your comfort zone.

Luckily our tutor used to work for a prestigious company and has a lot of contacts and business experience opposed to just teaching experience. This year we've taken part in £10 challenges, paper clip challenge, hosting our own charity events had multiple talks ranging from comedy club owners to league 1 professional football players as well as trips to the Gadget show.
Reply 3
Original post by Jorddaaannn
I can definitely imagine the course being a bore if you haven't got tutors who want you to try new things and take you out of your comfort zone.

Luckily our tutor used to work for a prestigious company and has a lot of contacts and business experience opposed to just teaching experience. This year we've taken part in £10 challenges, paper clip challenge, hosting our own charity events had multiple talks ranging from comedy club owners to league 1 professional football players as well as trips to the Gadget show.

He/She's right. If you just did the units then it's really easy and boring. You'd do well not to get distinctions. We had to organise a £1500 event and was responsible for the planning of everything.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Kavv
I'm doing that course right now. I'm about to finish my first year and can tell you it's not that hard. If you can manage a few thousand words for each unit, you'll be fine. I've got a distinction in all my units so far and should finish with D*D*D* by the end of year 2.
The units they cover depends on your college. They pick 18 units from a list of over 40 units to carry out.
Good luck!

Thanks for the reply.

around how many words do you write for the P's and M's work ? is there lots to write?
Reply 5
Original post by Xzreplay
Thanks for the reply.

around how many words do you write for the P's and M's work ? is there lots to write?

Well you should write anywhere from 500-1000 words for each P, M or D. There's an average of about 7-9 P's, M's and D's per unit. So you do the math. It all depends on what you want to go for. I wouldn't say it's hard, it's just about putting effort in.
Reply 6
Oh, and a tip: Make sure you ALWAYS do your work when you get it! Never leave it until the last minute or the end of the year. The coursework will pile up and you could find yourself struggling to pass, as my friend found out. But if you do it straight away, you'll do great!
Reply 7
Original post by Kavv
Oh, and a tip: Make sure you ALWAYS do your work when you get it! Never leave it until the last minute or the end of the year. The coursework will pile up and you could find yourself struggling to pass, as my friend found out. But if you do it straight away, you'll do great!

is there any trips or activities which you have to do for the course?
Reply 8
is there any trips or activities which you have to do for the course?

Like I said, not specifically. But dependant on your college, you may get some activities to carry out for some units.
hey do you guys now if its possible to complete Btec Level 3 Extended Diploma Business in 1 year. coz my older sister done it (2013/14) and she is predicted DDD, and i want to use hers coursework but change it around and reward it. what do you think the teachers will do, do you think they will let me skip the 2nd year, or will i have to stay the second year and do nothing.
Reply 10
Original post by randy_ortan
hey do you guys now if its possible to complete Btec Level 3 Extended Diploma Business in 1 year. coz my older sister done it (2013/14) and she is predicted DDD, and i want to use hers coursework but change it around and reward it. what do you think the teachers will do, do you think they will let me skip the 2nd year, or will i have to stay the second year and do nothing.

I want to irritate this; please do NOT use her work AT ALL. This is the sort of plagiarism that gives BTEC a bad name. Do it yourself only. You can finish it in a year and they should let you off if you do it correctly.
So 17 units in one year
Reply 12
Original post by Saqibramzan
So 17 units in one year

9 units each year which makes it a total of 18 units in both years as this is a two year course.
Hey I am also doing BTEC level 3 Extended Diploma and I'm nearing the end of first year I am wondering how many passes , merits and distinctions in each unit do I need to get to get Distinctions in my first year only. Like how many passes and merits am I allowed in each unit for an overall grade of 'DD' in first year.
You might need five distinctions and four merits in your first year to be able to get that grade. I suggest you calculate how many you've got currently. To help you with this, do the following:biggrin:istinction = 90 pointsMerit = 80 pointsPass= 70 pointsThen with those points that I have shown, you will need to calcauate how many units you have got each grade. For instance, you need to five units (at distinction which is 450) and 4 units (at a merit grade which is 320). Overall you would get DD (750 BTEC Points). You will then need to replicate this on your second year to get overall DDD.
I'm thinking of doing BTEC Business Level 3 Extended Diploma this year, I wanted to know what units will they be covering and also is it hard to get a D*?

Hi
Hi
Reply 17
BTEC Business Level 3 Extended Diploma students who have completed the course last year (2022), which grades did you get in each unit and how did it contribute to your overall grade? I need a DDD and have got a Pass and a Merit in my two exams this year and am unsure if it is able to get me into University. If anyone achieved a DDD last year, can you let me know all the grades you got in each unit in first year and second year? Thanks.
Original post by m.eightt
BTEC Business Level 3 Extended Diploma students who have completed the course last year (2022), which grades did you get in each unit and how did it contribute to your overall grade? I need a DDD and have got a Pass and a Merit in my two exams this year and am unsure if it is able to get me into University. If anyone achieved a DDD last year, can you let me know all the grades you got in each unit in first year and second year? Thanks.

this
Original post by Kavv
Good luck!

hey bud few questions since im planning to do this hopefully in september 24

1) How hard actually is it im getting high 6s in year 11 (predicted) with pretty much zero revision in Business studies GCSE (AQA) would it be of any advantage? I need a DDD or D*DD so i can go to an american UNI (DDD would give me a GPA of around or just under 4.0/4.0 unweighted)! How hard is it to get distinctions and how much is the workload of assignments
also when do u get ur predicted score for UNI and
would my course be VASTLY different since im planning to do Business and finance instead of just business? Or would it be a small difference?

BASICALLY I NEED ATLEAST DDD IF NOT D*DD AND IDK HOW HARD ITS GONNA BE
my biggest strengths right now at GCSE are :
-Business studies
-english (especially lit)
-History
-Science

comp sci too but moreso the theory work.

weaknesses :
Maths but only maths above like Grade5 or 6 so Grade 6-9 or especially grade 7+ maths (GCSE Edexcel is where i begin to struggle) from (5-1) or so im fine tbh.

Would I be able to get DDD and how much effort from 1-10 would i generally be putting in considering im decent at business studies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending