The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7480
And because he's a winner.
Just because our "period of austerity" is over, doesn't mean we now have unlimited money. We still desperately need a striker and a DM. We strongly need a LW. We definitely need a new RB and a backup keeper too. If Arsene turned down Cesc so that he could use the money to really strengthen those positions with quality players, then he's done the right thing. If this wasn't Cesc and was just a random AM, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. It's pure emotion and no logic.

And we can all moan about the past and about Wenger's perceived ineptitude in the transfer window, but right now, it's June 12th. And the World Cup is about to start. It's way too early to complain of inactivity. If we do get to September without signing top players in the above positions, then yes, something needs to change. But right now we can't assume that that's gonna be the case.
Wenger Out trending.

Standard Arsenal fan behaviour.
Original post by e aí rapaz
If this wasn't Cesc and was just a random AM, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. It's pure emotion and no logic.

If a random world class central midfielder with a lot of premier league experience was offered to us for around £30m and we turned them down. The response would be similar, although maybe not as much disappointment as with Cesc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Lets not kid ourselves. We are not going to sign a prolific striker or a left winger. Jenkinson will be a starter with a young black french signing as backup. Arteta will also be a starter next season.

In Arsene we trust. :adore:
Original post by Mr Smurf
Lets not kid ourselves. We are not going to sign a prolific striker or a left winger. Jenkinson will be a starter with a young black french signing as backup. Arteta will also be a starter next season.

Could get us 4th place. That's all that matters :|

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stalin
Jesus. Having read a couple of the posts in this page alone it's clear that a few of you are on the blob and you've blown the transfer completely out of proportion.

The fact of the matter is simple: we don't actually need Cesc. Answer me this, Wenger doubters/haters, how do we accommodate Ramsey and Wilshere in a team with Cesc? I'm certainly not having him instead of Ramsey, especially after the season he's just had, and it would be a massive slap in the face to Wilshere if he was told to warm Cesc's place on the bench for the next few seasons.

Wilshere hasn't had a great season, but must I remind you how dire Ramsey was the season before last? Where a lot of you, including myself, were calling for his head at times because he brought nothing to the XI apart from passing the ball back to the defence. And look at him now.....

Ramsey's set the standard, and Wilshere, OX, Gibbs, Szcz, CJ, et cetera must follow, and there's no doubt in my mind that they will under Wenger.

DM
Ramsey Wilshere
Walcott ST Ozil

All we need is a top striker, a top DM, an experienced RB, a young, promising CB if Verm leaves, and a GK to keep Szcz occupied.

With these new signings, we'll have a decent team and have decent depth: Cazorla, OX, Rosicky, Giroud, Verm, et cetera.

Agreed. I want to see Jack do a Ramsey - imagine them working in tandem at their best. Also, let's not forget just how much Arsene splashed out on Ozil - he will prove to be worth the money.

Need a DM, a striker, and a RB at least. Not to mention a new back-up goalie and a CB. if Verm leaves. Cesc would have been a waste of money - we're not one of the oil clubs.
Original post by Webster2002
If a random world class central midfielder with a lot of premier league experience was offered to us for around £30m and we turned them down. The response would be similar, although maybe not as much disappointment as with Cesc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right. People wouldn't be anywhere near as emotional. That's kinda my point.
Original post by e aí rapaz
Right. People wouldn't be anywhere near as emotional. That's kinda my point.

But there still would be a lot of disappointment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
much upset in this thread.

idk why people moan about jenko starting next season, sagna was nothing special, confident jenko could do a better job.

funny how a CM was on no1s list of players we wanted for before these cesc rumours.

am calm till the end of the window
Inb4 Vela and Remy for 15mil RB, CB and GK all freebies and the board pockets 85mil.

Standard.

#kneejerk

In all seriousness, if we were to get say Khedira/Martinez and Mandzukic I'd be satisfied with passing on Cesc. If we go mediocre though I'm not going to be happy.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
much upset in this thread.

idk why people moan about jenko starting next season, sagna was nothing special, confident jenko could do a better job.

funny how a CM was on no1s list of players we wanted for before these cesc rumours.

am calm till the end of the window

Jenkinson is awful. small time mentality absolute clown with the ball at his feet
Original post by baconbutty
Jenkinson is awful. small time mentality absolute clown with the ball at his feet

You again. Shall we sell our whole team cos theyr awful?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr Smurf

FFS. If that happens then I'll join Peggles and be part of the Break down crew.
Original post by Pete_91
Inb4 Vela and Remy for 15mil RB, CB and GK all freebies and the board pockets 85mil.

Standard.

#kneejerk

In all seriousness, if we were to get say Khedira/Martinez and Mandzukic I'd be satisfied with passing on Cesc. If we go mediocre though I'm not going to be happy.

And that's the position Arsene has now put himself in. If we sign who we need, no one will care, if we don't it will be "we should have signed Cesc/ why didn't we sign Cesc?/ **** this bull****!"

Come Sept 1st and we have signed some mediocre players, I can only pray for Wenger, because he will be in the ****!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What irks me is that the reason a lot of Arsenal fans have a problem with this transfer has more to do with being on the end of banter...

..and not the ACTUAL footballing reasons as to why it actually makes sense not to sign him.
Reply 7496
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
I actually feel like crying omg wtf Cesc.

How done are you?

1. 100% Done
2. 300% Done
3. So Done
4. You can't even
Original post by Kruz
FFS. If that happens then I'll join Peggles and be part of the Break down crew.

Tbf, that wasn't a break down but more blind fury. I'm chill now because I don't expect Wenger to actually do anything! I have no faith in him so don't waste my time hoping he sees the light and gets a grip!

I will gladly welcome those who will wake up and realise, Arsene Ain't ****! The AKBs will still come up with some excuses as they always do though!! :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kuks
How done are you?

1. 100% Done
2. 300% Done
3. So Done
4. You can't even

Original post by ArsenalWenger
You again. Shall we sell our whole team cos theyr awful?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh are you an anti giroud pro jenkinson fan our fan base attracts the most idiots doesnt it. How about you apologise to me and never visit this topic again because you are an absolute disgrace to the mighty AFC

Latest