The Student Room Group

The Edexcel International A-Levels (IAL) May/June 2014 Thread

Hello,
I created this thread for all those sitting for IAL exams. i am doing Maths,Physics and Chemistry. I have 14 exams (5 AS resits and 9 A2 exams). i am still not ready in some of those units.
So how's revision going?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Where is the discussion for edexcel IAL physics Unit 3 paper on 8th May?
Reply 3
Original post by rockon16
Where is the discussion for edexcel IAL physics Unit 3 paper on 8th May?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2671823&p=47474873#post47474873
Reply 4
scared
Hey guys, anyone doing IAL in accounting this summer?
Reply 6
hey guys.:smile:
someone please link the discussion for unit 6 chemistry
thanks
Original post by Hoshil
Hey guys, anyone doing IAL in accounting this summer?

not really... some of my friends are sitting them :biggrin:
Hey anybody did c12 paper
Reply 9
Anyone knows a good website to revise IAL accounting unit 02 ??
Thnks
There's this thing called Solomon papers, it's there for C1,C2 M1 S1 (there may be more, this is all I know of), sorry I'm late fore C12 (the paper would have been bull**** even if you did all the papers from every damm syllabus) but you could use these Solomon papers for M1 and S1,their pretty good for practicing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Adam.Thahir
There's this thing called Solomon papers, it's there for C1,C2 M1 S1 (there may be more, this is all I know of), sorry I'm late fore C12 (the paper would have been bull**** even if you did all the papers from every damm syllabus) but you could use these Solomon papers for M1 and S1,their pretty good for practicing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea good thing practising solmon papers rather than gce ones for m1 s1 and fp1
Original post by May Dee
Anyone knows a good website to revise IAL accounting unit 02 ??
Thnks

Did you give Accounting Unit 2 this June? How did you find the paper?
Reply 13
Original post by RedDevil014
Did you give Accounting Unit 2 this June? How did you find the paper?

I ran short of time and couldn't finish one whole question from section A. I also couldn't finish the break-even chart and the last part of that question. There goes my chance of getting an A from accounting
Original post by demhka
I ran short of time and couldn't finish one whole question from section A. I also couldn't finish the break-even chart and the last part of that question. There goes my chance of getting an A from accounting

Aww, damn. Yeah, the paper was really long. I couldn't finish either. Which questions did you do in Section A?
Reply 15
Original post by RedDevil014
Aww, damn. Yeah, the paper was really long. I couldn't finish either. Which questions did you do in Section A?

The first one, which was about financial statements of ltd companies. The third question was about the capital structure, which i didn't even revise LOL. So if i had time to do a second question, it would have been question 2. Can you remember what question 2 was about? Was it budgeting?
My teacher was expecting me to get an A*. She called me today and i was too ashamed to even answer the phone. I have totally failed her
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by demhka
The first one, which was about financial statements of ltd companies. The third question was about the capital structure, which i didn't even revise LOL. So if i had time to do a second question, it would have been question 2. Can you remember what question 2 was about? Was it budgeting?
My teacher was expecting me to get an A*. She called me today and i was too ashamed to even answer the phone. I have totally failed her

Yeah! I was in the same situation, i didn't revise Capital Structure at all! So i did the second question, it was a very weird question. I'm not sure what the topic was but there was a 15 mark question on finding the optimum point of production or something. I'm not even sure if that was in the syllabus. I basically guessed the whole question, probably gonna get like 10/52 in it. Don't worry, hopefully the grade boundaries should be low and you'll do fine.
I'm pretty nervous for C34 paper tomorrow? Any tips guys?
Reply 18
Omg, c34 maths was really hard especially the back end of the papers and the integration questions!!noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Hi everyone i am new to this site i am a student who got 6A* and 2As in cambridge igcse and then i did edexcel IAL i got E in chemistry and physics and C in biology i dont know what went wrong i have checked the question paper and mark schemes according to my expectation and review of question paper and mark scheme i should have got an A in biology and chemistry and B in physics should i get my paper rechecked do marks increase drastically ??? What are the tips and techniques to get an A this is the worst shock of my life

Quick Reply

Latest