The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher History 2014/2015 thread

Hey so I'm going into S6 next Tuesday and thought I'd make some discussion threads for my subjects. I'm going to be studying Soviet Russia for AH History, anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GeschichteJunge
Hey so I'm going into S6 next Tuesday and thought I'd make some discussion threads for my subjects. I'm going to be studying Soviet Russia for AH History, anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya :smile:

Just thought I'd give this a gentle bump :wink:

Good luck with your studies!
Original post by She-Ra
Hiya :smile:

Just thought I'd give this a gentle bump :wink:

Good luck with your studies!

Thank you :biggrin:!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm studying Germany this year.
Original post by CameronPaterson
I'm studying Germany this year.

How are you finding it so far? I love soviet Russia it's extremely interesting but the some words are occasionally having to be googled 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
How are you finding it so far? I love soviet Russia it's extremely interesting but the some words are occasionally having to be googled ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say the same, it's very interesting but there are a lot of German political parties to remember and the events unfold in an extremely quick fashion - managing to keep up so far though.
Original post by CameronPaterson
I'd say the same, it's very interesting but there are a lot of German political parties to remember and the events unfold in an extremely quick fashion - managing to keep up so far though.

Yeah, mainly the Russian names are the nightmare for us, so many Z's and K's haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I remember you from the higher english thread... I'm doing soviet Russia too! :smile:
Original post by Ami_
Hey I remember you from the higher english thread... I'm doing soviet Russia too! :smile:

Hello! How are you finding it? What have you done so far in class? We have only really done background :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hello! How are you finding it? What have you done so far in class? We have only really done background :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, i am finding 50% of interesting but 50% boing because everything seems to be slowly like we've covered background and the reasons for the tsar's downfall. I kinda wish my teacher could pick up the pace :/ also I am doing 2 other AH subjects so I might change... But who knows? I don't really want to drop it tbh
Ahh found out today that I got full marks (50/50) for my dissertation say wuuuuuut! :eek:
Reply 11
I'm doing the Russian Revolution, should be interesting!
Original post by ladymarshmallow
Ahh found out today that I got full marks (50/50) for my dissertation say wuuuuuut! :eek:

F'in hell! That's brilliant! Teach me the way :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mjr23
I'm doing the Russian Revolution, should be interesting!

Me too, it is so far! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
F'in hell! That's brilliant! Teach me the way :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much, I was in shock when I found out! According to my teacher, only 3/1200 of us achieved full marks in the dissertation throughout the whole of Scotland so I'm ecstatic to be a part of that 0.25%. :eek: Seriously though, I'd be happy to give you any advice (more just general advice probably because I did Japan and idk what topic you're doing), just let me know! :smile:
Thank you so much, I was in shock when I found out! According to my teacher, only 3/1200 of us achieved full marks in the dissertation throughout the whole of Scotland so I'm ecstatic to be a part of that 0.25%. :eek: Seriously though, I'd be happy to give you any advice (more just general advice probably because I did Japan and idk what topic you're doing), just let me know! :smile:

I Japan, therefore I amaze. :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)

That's unreal!! Excited for Uni?:tongue: thanks! I'm doing Soviet Russia!

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's unreal!! Excited for Uni?:tongue: thanks! I'm doing Soviet Russia!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much! And yes, I can't even begin to express my excitement for uni. The **** is getting too real! Are you enjoying being back at school and relishing the (relative) freedom of sixth year?
Thank you so much! And yes, I can't even begin to express my excitement for uni. The **** is getting too real! Are you enjoying being back at school and relishing the (relative) freedom of sixth year?

I can imagine! Edinburgh is an amazing city!! Yes, it's going well, doing plenty homework, though :tongue: With more free periods than classes I'm happy! Haha, I went to Aberdeen open day today too which was okay (185 blo*dy miles though to get there :L), not as nice as Glasgow for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Dropped AH history despite the fact I could have continued it after doing well in my exam... But I want to study international business at Edinburgh or Dundee so that's why I've changed! Sorry if I've let you down guys! Haha

Quick Reply

Latest