The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We would never be offered all of them but if we were and it was buy them or let them go Chelsea, I'd buy them.

Wilshere should be deep lying midfield anyway. Kroos can play deep. Maybe get a pure DM as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
What about balance though?

We're already overloaded on attacking mids, wtf would we want to spend a large part of our budget on more depth in that area?

Funny how zurichs changed his tune isn't it guys. What happened to we have 150mil to spend?
Lol, I live with two 'Chelsea fans' :rolleyes: and they haven't even mentioned Cesc yet!! :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
Lol, I live with two 'Chelsea fans' :rolleyes: and they haven't even mentioned Cesc yet!! :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's a Chelsea fan?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
What's a Chelsea fan?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed.

Strange beings that only come out at night and still drag their knuckles!

They are the casual type of Chelsea fans who only really started to give a **** around 2004, like most of them tbf. And even that is still probably too early for them, 2012 maybe! :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Indeed.

Strange beings that only come out at night and still drag their knuckles!

They are the casual type of Chelsea fans who only really started to give a **** around 2004, like most of them tbf. And even that is still probably too early for them, 2012 maybe! :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

2 kinds of Chelsea fan
-Dad supported them too. Boorish, stone island, jignostic, take pride in everything a decent person does not. Would probably smah your face in if they could get away with it. Absolute scum
-Glory hunter

Not sure which is worse, but they are a bad ****ing bunch that's for sure. Genuinely think Spurs fans are in general a decent bunch who I could have a beer with, not Chelsea though.
I've only ever known two Chelski fans personally well tbh

The first was the boring dad supports then type ish

The second is German and supports Dortmund but chose Chelski in the EPL cause they were winning at the time

Fits that criteria well tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
2 kinds of Chelsea fan
-Dad supported them too. Boorish, stone island, jignostic, take pride in everything a decent person does not. Would probably smah your face in if they could get away with it. Absolute scum
-Glory hunter

Not sure which is worse, but they are a bad ****ing bunch that's for sure. Genuinely think Spurs fans are in general a decent bunch who I could have a beer with, not Chelsea though.

These two are most definitely glory hunters. I have to inform them about their own teams results ffs, pretty sure neither have ever been to the bridge as well!

Probably Spurs fans, their pre season optimism is cute, only for it to go horribly wrong!! :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7548
Well, I'd be interested to know why Arsenal "decided not to take that option". For example, if it was because they weren't prepared to pay him the wages Chelsea would pay him and make him captain... I'd say well done, and shame on him. Then of course there may not have been any negotiations at all.
Don't worry guys, I won't mention Chelsea :wink:
These two are most definitely glory hunters. I have to inform them about their own teams results ffs, pretty sure neither have ever been to the bridge as well!

Probably Spurs fans, their pre season optimism is cute, only for it to go horribly wrong!! :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but Spurs fans are generally decent human beings driven mad by a terrible football club.

Chelsea fans are basically just the scum of society generally
Original post by llys
Well, I'd be interested to know why Arsenal "decided not to take that option". For example, if it was because they weren't prepared to pay him the wages Chelsea would pay him and make him captain... I'd say well done, and shame on him. Then of course there may not have been any negotiations at all.

Very simply because Arsene doesn't think he can accommodate him despite the fact that;

Arteta = terrible and old
Flamini = old
Rosicky = old
Cazorla = getting old
Diaby = just lol

He signed a broken Swede in January but chooses not to sign one of the best midfielders of his time as manager. Incredibly short sighted from AW and the club.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
Yeah but Spurs fans are generally decent human beings driven mad by a terrible football club.

Chelsea fans are basically just the scum of society generally

Like I said, Combat 18 and the dole office!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very simply because Arsene doesn't think he can accommodate him despite the fact that;

Flamini = old
Rosicky = old
Cazorla = getting old
Diaby = just lol

He signed a broken Swede in January but chooses not to sign one of the best midfielders of his time as manager. Incredibly short sighted from AW and the club.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OR he couldn't afford him because he plans to spend 30 mil on a striker, 25 mil on a LW, 30 mil on a DM, 10 mil on a RB, 8 mil on a GK, and 5 mil on a CB.

Yep, sounds like Wenger
Reply 7554

Flamini = old
Rosicky = old
Cazorla = getting old
Diaby = just lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, but what I mean is, you only know that Arsene didn't sign him, not that he didn't want to or didn't try. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think "first refusal" means you can sign the player no matter what. If the player doesn't like your personal terms (wages etc.), tough luck you won't sign him even if you exercise first refusal. Right? I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's actually what happened and now Cesc can conveniently blame Wenger for "choosing not to sign him" back... I don't know, is that really unlikely?
Original post by llys
Yes, but what I mean is, you only know that Arsene didn't sign him, not that he didn't want to or didn't try. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think "first refusal" means you can sign the player no matter what. If the player doesn't like your personal terms (wages etc.), tough luck you won't sign him even if you exercise first refusal. Right? I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's actually what happened and now Cesc can conveniently blame Wenger for "choosing not to sign him" back... I don't know, is that really unlikely?

yes.
Reply 7556
Original post by e aí rapaz
yes.

If you don't mind, why?
Original post by e aí rapaz
OR he couldn't afford him because he plans to spend 30 mil on a striker, 25 mil on a LW, 30 mil on a DM, 10 mil on a RB, 8 mil on a GK, and 5 mil on a CB.

Yep, sounds like Wenger

You do know we aren't poor right?! This 'we are the impoverished youth and at such a disadvantage in life' attitude from some gooners really needs to stop, it's sickening. We could have afforded Cesc on top of all of those transfers quite easily. As Gazidis said, as of this season, we will be a £300m turnover club, time to start acting like it. This deal has already out the fanbase on edge and this summer could go one of two ways; get the players we need and no one will care about Cesc. Don't get who we need and everyone will be asking the question why didn't we get him back and what has Arsene been doing all summer.

Now which seems most likely!?!

If Arsene was to ever spend that kind of cash I can only assume the world is ending and the rapture is coming because I personally cannot see that EVER happening!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by llys

I'm going off of the bias that Cesc wanted to come back. If that's the case, fingers should be pointed at AW because he had his chance to get him back and said no.

Either way he's gone now and we are stuck with Arsene for 3 more years :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You do know we aren't poor right?! This 'we are the impoverished youth and at such a disadvantage in life' attitude from some gooners really needs to stop, it's sickening. We could have afforded Cesc on top of all of those transfers quite easily. As Gazidis said, as of this season, we will be a £309m turnover club, time to start acting like it.

If Arsene was to ever spend that kind of cash I can only assume the world is ending and the rapture is coming because I personally cannot see that EVER happening!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't be silly. We're not "poor" but there's no way the board is gonna sanction spending 138 million in one summer, no matter who the manager is.

Latest