The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peggles_*
Lol say that when Ozil, Ramsey and Jack are out and we are playing Flamini and Arteta together!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think you are forgetting the return of Diaby:ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was always Wenger's fault!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Calm down earlier today you acknowledged we didn't need him but now you're saying it's a mistake to pass him by?

It's only June
If your gonna have a breakdown at least do it in August

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by De Chirico
I'm pro Wenger and I don't blame Fabregas. I don't get why people get all menstrual over guys like him, RVP, Nasri etc. Even heard people abusing Sagna who has been one of my favourite Arsenal players since he established himself here. There is no loyalty left in football, players do what they think is best for their careers (as we all do). The sooner people realise that the sooner we can get away from the repetitive abuse given to all our ex players.

(N.B. Adebayor is an exception with that whole celebration thing)

I get that, but what's the obsession with players spouting complete drivel to the fans then? What on Earth possessed Fab/RVP to come out with the Tony Adams II stuff when surely they knew it was nonsense.

Adebayor in many ways was completely justified to do what he did, he was being given terrible, and personal, abuse by our fans to whom he owed nothing. He never pretended to love the club and I have more respect for that than for Cesc/RVP.
Original post by Zürich
No doubt, but I'd like to think my own interests are sufficiently correlated with the club's to not sympathise with those who have ****ed us over.

Cant see how Wenger has done wrong here. We're already over-staffed in Cesc's position. Which is not to say that we dont need to spend big, just that Cesc was a player we had no logical reason to sign.

A midfield trio of flamini arteta rosicky seems like a good idea
Did I just see that post.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by baconbutty
A midfield trio of flamini arteta rosicky seems like a good idea

Hadnt realised that Ramsey, Ozil, AOC, Cazorla and Wilshere had been sold.

Imagine adding Fabregas to that, if that's the solution then wtf is the question exactly? When we were getting dicked over at Anfield/SB, it wasnt for lack of Cesc Fabregas that's certain.

Not to say that Wenger doesnt need to get the chequebook out, just that he has other fish to fry.
(edited 9 years ago)
Lol say that when Ozil, Ramsey and Jack are out and we are playing Flamini and Arteta together!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You forgot the OX and Diaby.
Watching luis gustavo today...damn we should of signed him :teeth:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Calm down earlier today you acknowledged we didn't need him but now you're saying it's a mistake to pass him by?

It's only June
If your gonna have a breakdown at least do it in August

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said I can see why we didn't get him but the point still remains that if we get a bunch of injuries we are screwed and we will be exposed. I also said it's incredibly short sighted given that we have 3 pensioners and Diaby as cover.

I'm really not, because I'm not even upset, I expect as little as possible from AW to ensure that I'm not too disappointed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Barca is his hometown team, he would have gone even if he knew it would end like this. He love for them was too much to deter. We had to beg him to stay at the end of the 2009/10 season. We just delayed the inevitable.
This is what I'm not so sure about. You look at the situation then, the WC, Spainish pride, Barca the most dominant force on earth, Messi just looking rampant, playing under Pep and Tito. I can see why he left. Now with hindsight, he'd already missed the peak. I can't see how he could have walked away from Barca without a bitter taste in his mouth, left everything at Arsenal an in effect got a La Liga before being unceremoniously kicked into touch.
Original post by Stalin
You forgot the OX and Diaby.

Ox shouldn't play centrally, a few good games down the middle doesn't make that his position, as for Diaby....lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
Hadnt realised that Ramsey, Ozil, AOC, Cazorla and Wilshere had been sold.

Imagine adding Fabregas to that, if that's the solution then wtf is the question exactly? When we were getting dicked over at Anfield/SB, it wasnt for lack of Cesc Fabregas that's certain.

Not to say that Wenger doesnt need to get the chequebook out, just that he has other fish to fry.

1. Cazorla and fabregas won't be playing in the same position
2. Aoc barely plays cm he's had some atrocious games there this season
3. There was parts of the season where an arteta/flamini midfield was used and it was absolutely atrocious
4. Fabregas is far far better than wilshere
5. Other top clubs have far more midfield talent that us does that make them stop buying?
Ox shouldn't play centrally, a few good games down the middle doesn't make that his position, as for Diaby....lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

And who are you to say what his best position is?

Players change positions during their careers. Messi started on the right, Henry on the left, Carragher up front, et cetera.

Laugh at Diaby as much as you want, but he'll eventually return. Throw Rosicky into the mix who can play there if needs be and it's not as if we're back to Arteta-Flamini if 'Wilshere, Ramsey and Ozil are injured' - not that Ozil would play there anyway.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Stalin
And who are you to say what his best position is?

Players change positions during their careers. Messi started on the right, Henry on the left, Carragher up front, et cetera.

Laugh at Diaby as much as you want, but he'll eventually return. Throw Rosicky into the mix who can play there if needs be and it's not as if we're back to Arteta-Flamini if 'Wilshere, Ramsey and Ozil are injured' - not that Ozil would play there anyway.

Ox is considerably better on the wings than he is centrally.

Diaby shouldn't even he considered, he's never fit and Arsene's dependence on him in previous seasons has massively hampered us.

Rosicky is a bit part player and if we had some serious injuries for a lengthy amount of time, him filling in wouldn't fill me with confidence.

To win the league you need a squad not just a good starting XI, we don't have the required depth to sustain a serious push, that was shown this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
I get that, but what's the obsession with players spouting complete drivel to the fans then? What on Earth possessed Fab/RVP to come out with the Tony Adams II stuff when surely they knew it was nonsense.

Adebayor in many ways was completely justified to do what he did, he was being given terrible, and personal, abuse by our fans to whom he owed nothing. He never pretended to love the club and I have more respect for that than for Cesc/RVP.

Just don't read into it. If everyday people had the press quoting our every word then we would all have said things that make us look like mugs a few years down the line. People change. Arsenal changed. Look at the Arsenal RVP joined and the one he left for example. From the likes of Henry and Vieira to dross like Gervinho. As for Fabregas, I'm sure he does have a soft spot for Arsenal and would have been happy to come back if we had wanted him. We didn't though, and he's just gone for the next best thing, which unfortunately happens to be Chelsea.
Original post by baconbutty
1. Cazorla and fabregas won't be playing in the same position
2. Aoc barely plays cm he's had some atrocious games there this season
3. There was parts of the season where an arteta/flamini midfield was used and it was absolutely atrocious
4. Fabregas is far far better than wilshere
5. Other top clubs have far more midfield talent that us does that make them stop buying?

1. How do you get Fabregas, Ozil and Ramsey in the same team? None of those three will want to be on the bench for any extended amount of time.

2. I agree Ox shouldn't be considered at CM but we have enough depth there anyway.

3. The only reason we had to go Arteta and Flamini was down to a freak injury crisis in our midfield.

4. I seem to remember Wilshere outperforming Fabregas once or twice in his breakthrough season. Obviously Cesc is a better and more proven player but Wilshere has loads of ability and he can't even get in the team as it is.

5. You can't compare us to Chelsea, City, Bayern, Barca and Madrid when they have vastly superior resources.
The thing about having a squad is that u don't play everyone every game. U rotate when necessary to reduce fatigue and injuries. U need multiple good players for each position to do that. We don't have that and aren't trying to get that, as shown by not getting Fabregas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
1. How do you get Fabregas, Ozil and Ramsey in the same team? None of those three will want to be on the bench for any extended amount of time.

2. I agree Ox shouldn't be considered at CM but we have enough depth there anyway.

3. The only reason we had to go Arteta and Flamini was down to a freak injury crisis in our midfield.

4. I seem to remember Wilshere outperforming Fabregas once or twice in his breakthrough season. Obviously Cesc is a better and more proven player but Wilshere has loads of ability and he can't even get in the team as it is.

5. You can't compare us to Chelsea, City, Bayern, Barca and Madrid when they have vastly superior resources.

You also have 'vastly superior resources' - 300 million that has accumulated over the past decade with little being spent. Wenger loves to sign 15 year old stars from the French league and all those free transfers. The Ozil signing was just to keep the Arsenal fans quiet so he can go another 5 seasons without spending more than 10 million on a player.

1. Play a 4-2-2-2
2. Obviously not if arteta consistently plays there
3. Wilsheres performances are overhyped because he is English he is nowhere near the level of fabregas
4. Arsenal have 150mil in the bank and similar resources to bayern

cesc can also play as a false 9 and in a deep lying position

dress it up whatever way you want 28.4mil for one of the best midfielders in the world who wants to play for us ludicrous decision making not to sign him
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95

This has been made into too much of a big deal

Posted from TSR Mobile

We told you.

Latest