The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Who would blame Ramsey for leaving tho? He's got the potential to be one of the best players in the world. He doesn't deserve to be at a club with a huge lack of ambition. He deserves better and I wouldn't begrudge him for leaving.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not a chance Ramsey gets sold in two years time. He is, like most of our core, tied down long term and we don't need the money from selling him anymore. If he carries on like last season it would take a Bale-esque fee to let him go. The situation is very different from RVP, Cesc, Nasri etc.

I would wait until the window closes until questioning our ambition. People inside the club have confirmed we are looking to sign 3-5 players. Cesc was never on the radar, money is finite and better spent elsewhere.
Original post by EmperorMustard
Not a chance Ramsey gets sold in two years time. He is, like most of our core, tied down long term and we don't need the money from selling him anymore. If he carries on like last season it would take a Bale-esque fee to let him go. The situation is very different from RVP, Cesc, Nasri etc.

I would wait until the window closes until questioning our ambition. People inside the club have confirmed we are looking to sign 3-5 players. Cesc was never on the radar, money is finite and better spent elsewhere.

I agree tbh but when a player requests transfer there's not much you can do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
I agree tbh but when a player requests transfer there's not much you can do

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't have to give in. Liverpool didn't and got the best season out of Suarez yet. Ramsey doesn't strike me as somebody who will throw their toys out the pram.

Besides, I'm pretty sure the club will match his ambition. When Özil joined he said Wenger outlined his plans for the next few years and that was key for him joining. You have to have some kind of ambition to attract that calibre of player. We now have the money to back up that ambition, that is key.
These Arsenal guys are loyal trust me. Would have preferred Ramsey of of you guys tbh.

While Fabregas is a grade A prick(like I said btw but people on here disagreed lul) I'd have rather taken Ramsey or even Wilshere.

Fabregas is ok I guess. Good passer e.t.c but he's nothing special, just better than Ramires and our pseudo CB Luiz.
(edited 9 years ago)
I've seen people saying "if we sign this" and "if we sign that" and "we just need 3 more signings" on here and blogs. As if it's likely we'll get that "top class striker" or "promising young centre back". It's been the same for years now. We've always needed "a few more players" to be "real title challengers". It's never happened, why is it expected to happen now?
Original post by jam278
These Arsenal guys are loyal trust me. Would have preferred Ramsey of of you guys tbh.

While Fabregas is a grade A prick(like I said btw but people on here disagreed lul) I'd have rather taken Ramsey or even Wilshere.

Fabregas is ok I guess. Good passer e.t.c but he's nothing special, just better than Ramires and our pseudo CB Luiz.

Explain by what you mean "Nothing Special" ? Are you speaking in terms of him as a player or what he brings to your team?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz
Explain by what you mean "Nothing Special" ? Are you speaking in terms of him as a player or what he brings to your team?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As in where we'll play him and as a player. Would rather have Koke or Pogba, need a guy with grit, energy while able to play his way. Fabregas doesn't have that.

He'll do well but that's more down to who we currently have there. Don't think he's good enough to build a team round either. He can be a semi cog possibly, but not the engine of the system. That is Hazard and Costa/Lukaku.

If your best player in a team and your main reliance is Fabregas then more likely than not your team is not a top team. He's important for the system and that's it.
So I was in Thailand in the middle of the full moon party and I heard from some random that Cesc signed for Chelsea. I laughed it off. I woke up this morning to see this **** was in fact true. I'm not even mad. But I had to come back to this thread to check out the meltdown. Never once did I think he was loyal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam278
As in where we'll play him and as a player. Would rather have Koke or Pogba, need a guy with grit, energy while able to play his way. Fabregas doesn't have that.

He'll do well but that's more down to who we currently have there. Don't think he's good enough to build a team round either. He can be a semi cog possibly, but not the engine of the system. That is Hazard and Costa/Lukaku.

If your best player in a team and your main reliance is Fabregas then more likely than not your team is not a top team. He's important for the system and that's it.

I agree with what you're saying, but I disagree with the point your making (if that makes sense).

He doesn't have that grit that you say is needed in the Chelsea team, but he will work relatively hard so he won't be a passenger. Anyway, the point I disagree with is that you need that grit; Matic provides that raw physical presence, power and energy, with the ability to play the ball quite well. Fabregas isn't as physical as Pogba for example, but I don't know if there are many better ball players around; he exactly fills the gap of someone who can distribute the ball and instigate attacks from deep. Of course if he was a tank too then that would be great, but then you're asking for the perfect player.
Original post by Birdman1234567
So I was in Thailand in the middle of the full moon party and I heard from some random that Cesc signed for Chelsea. I laughed it off. I woke up this morning to see this **** was in fact true. I'm not even mad. But I had to come back to this thread to check out the meltdown. Never once did I think he was loyal

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wasn't really much of a meltdown, more disappointment. Went around on twitter last night that Arsene opted not to sign Cesc because he wanted a ridiculous wage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So we made £5m from Fabregas' transfer after Barca paid up the remaining incentive clauses(which would only have been paid upon them winning the CL had they not sold) so that's not bad. Transfer budget therefore increased to £155m :colonhash:

Also most media outlets reporting that we're definitely going to sign Vela back, but are 50/50 between using him or just selling him on for a quick profit immediately.

Unlikely we're going to sign anyone before August imho
It really will be awkward seeing Fab in a Chelsea kit. Literally awkward, It's something I'm having trouble wrapping my head around. Morso than any other ex Arsenal player

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Birdman1234567
It really will be awkward seeing Fab in a Chelsea kit. Literally awkward, It's something I'm having trouble wrapping my head around. Morso than any other ex Arsenal player

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ends the myth that there is some loyalty in the game. Fans are the last loyal members of the game. I'm gonna start looking at players as nothing more than a means to an end, will come and go but the club won't. Don't get attached, don't get hurt! :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
Ends the myth that there is some loyalty in the game. Fans are the last loyal members of the game. I'm gonna start looking at players as nothing more than a means to an end, will come and go but the club won't. Don't get attached, don't get hurt! :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do believe that Wilshere, Gibbs and Jenkinson are Arsenal men through and through though. Can see Ramsey one day leaving but I cant ever see him turning up at the chavs either.
Original post by Zürich
So we made £5m from Fabregas' transfer after Barca paid up the remaining incentive clauses(which would only have been paid upon them winning the CL had they not sold) so that's not bad. Transfer budget therefore increased to £155m :colonhash:

Also most media outlets reporting that we're definitely going to sign Vela back, but are 50/50 between using him or just selling him on for a quick profit immediately.

Unlikely we're going to sign anyone before August imho

£155m and we will probably spend a quarter of that, if we are lucky. Christ on a bike!

If we are dicking about with signing Vela to then sell on instantly I will give up. All this club cares about is profit. We stockpile cash for fun, I'm not being dramatic when I say this but I do see Stan taking money out of us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
First 2 games of next season, I'd quite like Mourinho at the Emirates and then Utd at Old Trafford.

Catch both of them cold nice and early
Original post by Zürich
I do believe that Wilshere, Gibbs and Jenkinson are Arsenal men through and through though. Can see Ramsey one day leaving but I cant ever see him turning up at the chavs either.

Jack is a West Ham fan, if they got taken over by some Arab billionaire and they put in a bid for him, he'd go. Gibbs and Jenks would stay, Rambo would most likely end up at one of the Manchester clubs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
£155m and we will probably spend a quarter of that, if we are lucky. Christ on a bike!

If we are dicking about with signing Vela to then sell on instantly I will give up. All this club cares about is profit. We stockpile cash for fun, I'm not being dramatic when I say this but I do see Stan taking money out of us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah it doesnt make any sense for him to do that. Whether the money is in Arsenal's bank account or his, ultimately it is his money anyway. No point rocking the apple cart to take money from his left pocket to his right pocket. The value of his Arsenal shares would decline in proportion if he took a dividend basically, it would be the equivalent of selling shares since in both cases he's converting his Arsenal assets into cash.

Kronke isnt even a big deal, he's not stopping Wenger from spending.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest