The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peggles_*
Jack is a West Ham fan, if they got taken over by some Arab billionaire and they put in a bid for him, he'd go. Gibbs and Jenks would stay, Rambo would most likely end up at one of the Manchester clubs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

WHU and Arsenal fans actually get along very well, I dont think Jack sees any contradiction between being a fan of both teams. Tony Adams was a boyhood WHU fan also, didnt dilute his passion for AFC though. At least you know Jack would never play for the chavs though :biggrin:
Original post by Zürich
First 2 games of next season, I'd quite like Mourinho at the Emirates and then Utd at Old Trafford.

Catch both of them cold nice and early
I think we'll start slowly, LVG is a passing man, and when was the last time we were a passing team? With a memory of Moyes still fresh, I think LVG might come under some pressure from certain areas if we don't get an easy run early on. Ideally I like to see us start easy, then have run of death before Xmas near the CL knockout rounds. Give you guys a bit of a choice to make.
we wont keep vela, reckon he'll be sold on for hella p. ffs just use the ting to land greizzman, he'll be Frances main man this WC and everyone will be on him.
Original post by Fizzel
I think we'll start slowly, LVG is a passing man, and when was the last time we were a passing team? With a memory of Moyes still fresh, I think LVG might come under some pressure from certain areas if we don't get an easy run early on. Ideally I like to see us start easy, then have run of death before Xmas near the CL knockout rounds. Give you guys a bit of a choice to make.

LVG is pretty pragmatic, he'll make the most of what he has until he can bring in a passing system. Holland are playing without wingers in this WC for instance and that's basically heresy but he knows where his strengths are. Depends who he brings in obviously, but you can see him playing with a typical Utd system for a few weeks at least.

Best start in Utds position is a mixed opening that's testing but that will provide a platform. Not necessarily good to hammer dross for a few weeks, the fans will get it into their heads that Utd are brilliant again and wont react particularly well to coming back to earth probably.

Saying that, I would sort of fancy our chances at Old Trafford if we met on day 1 of the season, or at least as much as an Arsenal fan can against Utd :redface:
(edited 9 years ago)
We've signed the Head Fitness Coach of the German national team, Shad Forsythe

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/arsenal-transfer-news-arsenal-make-first-signing-of-the-summer-9532100.html

vorsprung durch technik

Might be the most important signing of the summer if he can keep our squad fit, or at least prevent full blown injury crisis every month.
Sagna to City confirmed. It's been a ****ty 24 hours to be a goner :sad:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2014/June/Sagna-to-join-City
Original post by Zürich
We've signed the Head Fitness Coach of the German national team, Shad Forsythe

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/arsenal-transfer-news-arsenal-make-first-signing-of-the-summer-9532100.html

vorsprung durch technik

Might be the most important signing of the summer if he can keep our squad fit, or at least prevent full blown injury crisis every month.

Can he play up top? Would rather we signed so actual players for him to work on when they inevitably get injured!!
Can he play up top? Would rather we signed so actual players for him to work on when they inevitably get injured!!

Separate issues here really, it's not the sexiest signing ever but he'll be worth 5 points a season if we can actually get to at least a semi-normal injury list. Jack Wilshere in particular might put his injury problems behind him!
Sagna to City confirmed. It's been a ****ty 24 hours to be a goner :sad:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2014/June/Sagna-to-join-City

Lol he's replaceable he's not Cafu you know :lol:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well if Özil or Ramsey get injured you'll be one of the people crying "Y doesn't Venga fix this injury crisis ffs Venga out".

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kruz
Lol he's replaceable he's not Cafu you know :lol:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know he's replaceable, but I expect Arsene to do something like make Jenkinson 1st choice and promote Bellerin.

You seem to be in a constant state of delusion in that you believe Arsene will do the right thing. HE WON'T!! I'm just trying to bring you back down to Earth now so you don't crash and burn when we sign so no marks from Zimbabwe!!

Original post by Kruz

Well if Özil or Ramsey get injured you'll be one of the people crying "Y doesn't Venga fix this injury crisis ffs Venga out".

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure people will be crying "Y doesn't Venga buy Cesc, ffs Venga out"

I know we get injuries more so than anyone else, what irritates me more than just getting injuries is not have sufficient cover for those out.
(edited 9 years ago)

Reporter to Wenger last night:''Who will win?''
Wenger:''I don't know what's why I come here"

:biggrin:
Original post by Zürich

Reporter to Wenger last night:''Who will win?''
Wenger:''I don't know what's why I come here"

:biggrin:

Mark Bisson also asked him what he thought about Cesc going to Chelesa, Arsene's reply after being irrated by that with "Please just leave me alone"
Mark Bisson also asked him what he thought about Cesc going to Chelesa, Arsene's reply after being irrated by that with "Please just leave me alone"

It was probably the Pitbull opening ceremony that was the final straw
I know he's replaceable, but I expect Arsene to do something like make Jenkinson 1st choice and promote Bellerin.

You seem to be in a constant state of delusion in that you believe Arsene will do the right thing. HE WON'T!! I'm just trying to bring you back down to Earth now so you don't crash and burn when we sign so no marks from Zimbabwe!!

Pretty sure people will be crying "Y doesn't Venga buy Cesc, ffs Venga out"

I know we get injuries more so than anyone else, what irritates me more than just getting injuries is not have sufficient cover for those out.

Loool I'm just so calm I just refuse get to stressed. I'm just trying to enjoy my summer before uni and the world cup.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz
Loool I'm just so calm I just refuse get to stressed. I'm just trying to enjoy my summer before uni and the world cup.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, you'll crack. One day you'll just snap and start killing kittens or something!! It'll come, nearly did during the cup final.

Original post by Zürich
It was probably the Pitbull opening ceremony that was the final straw

That was terrible, I had to turn it off, couldn't take it anymore!
Don't worry, you'll crack. One day you'll just snap and start killing kittens or something!! It'll come, nearly did during the cup final.

That was terrible, I had to turn it off, couldn't take it anymore!

Nah during the Cup Final I was calm I knew we'd win in the end :wink:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz
Nah during the Cup Final I was calm I knew we'd win in the end :wink:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

LIES!!

You were looking for the bleach don't lie!
Reply 7697
Original post by Zürich
Separate issues here really, it's not the sexiest signing ever but he'll be worth 5 points a season if we can actually get to at least a semi-normal injury list. Jack Wilshere in particular might put his injury problems behind him!

I think this is a really important signing, maybe more important than some fans will realise. However he needs to be given freedom to make changes, otherwise it's for nothing. Like you say, Wilshere and Diaby especially could benefit as they seem to get imbalance injuries (indirectly caused by previous injuries). But if he can influence training methods etc as well, he may also help prevent new injuries from occurring in the first place.
LIES!!

You were looking for the bleach don't lie!

Lmaoooo. :rofl2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

complains about injuries all season
signs a fitness coach
ffs why dont we just sign more players
date: 13th June
plz

apparently wenger mugged off hulk too during commentary on tf1 lol

Latest