Looks like we won't ever see Nad-Fed on grass ever again. :frown:

Wimbledon Semis. :mad:
Original post by ubi1
Wimbledon Semis. :mad:

I'm pretty sure one of the two won't make it that far. Most likely Nadal
Reply 1202
Original post by Skkc16
I'm pretty sure one of the two won't make it that far. Most likely Nadal

Likely Nadal and Murray's Odds have gone up you could make x5 the profit on Murray if he wins wimbledon.:eek:
Stepanek continues his good run at Queen's, while another seed Tomas Berdych crashes out to Feliciano Lopez.
Wawrinka has a shot at winning his first ever grass court title now IMO
Looks like we have the Federer vs Nikishori semi.

Dimitrov also improved on last year to reach the semi.
Reply 1206
Original post by Krish4791
Wawrinka has a shot at winning his first ever grass court title now IMO

Before Queens began I thought he might win it on the grounds that Murray wouldn't be fit enough. I expect him to go quite far at Wimbledon too if he can remain consistent, semis maybe even the final.
Original post by Rakas21
Looks like we have the Federer vs Nikishori semi.

Dimitrov also improved on last year to reach the semi.

Fed's walkover means that IMO Nishikori has the slight edge tomorrow (due to the extra match practice)
What is concerning, and annoying for fans at the same time, is the number of walkovers/retirements we've seen in the last 2 years particularly. Miami this year was horrible: Novak getting 2 W/Os and Rafa getting 1.
Fed's walkover means that IMO Nishikori has the slight edge tomorrow (due to the extra match practice)
What is concerning, and annoying for fans at the same time, is the number of walkovers/retirements we've seen in the last 2 years particularly. Miami this year was horrible: Novak getting 2 W/Os and Rafa getting 1.

Yeah, I hate these stupid walkovers too. There should be some kind of rule that if an opponent isn't physically fit to play, then the player he/she beats in the previous round should take their place. It is quite unfair on the player getting the walkover as they are short of match practice, as is the case with Federer although I expect him to win tomorrow in 3 sets.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Roger1
Yeah, I hate these stupid walkovers too. There should be some kind of rule that if an opponent isn't physically fit to play, then the player he/she beats in the previous round should take their place. It is quite unfair on the player getting the walkover as they are short of match practice, as is the case with Federer although I expect him to win tomorrow in 3 sets.

I'm a little wary of Nishikori seeing as he's beat Rog this year already. Having said that, this is fast grass (whilst the Miami meeting was on a slow, hard court). I think it's important for Fed to win this title and regain the momentum he lost completely after Monte Carlo
Queen's: Grigor Dimitrov pounds Wawrinka to reach the final. Looks like grass is not Stan's for now. Maybe Dimitrov can get it done. Lopez and Stepanek fighting it out - some good old-school tennis on show there.

Halle: Alejandro Falla comes from a break down in the 3rd set to edge Kohlschreiber, and Federer packs off Nishikori in straight sets (6-3, 7-6). Federer vs Falla - last time the pair met on grass was at the 2012 Olympics, where Fed needed 3 sets to beat the Columbian. Before that, they played that absolute heart-stopper at Wimbledon 2010
Very impressed with Dimitrov today he stayed tough and solid and will definitely be a Wimbledon contender in a couple of years :smile:
Impressive performance from Federer but disappointing from Wawrinka. I was expecting more from him.
The Lopez-Stepanek match was a terrific watch. IF you catch highlights of it there was a marvellous point in the tiebreaker which had pretty much everything.

Such a disappointing performance from Wawrinka - seems as if he wilts when he gets under pressure right now. He's dropped a long way since winning the AO and Monte Carlo.
Reply 1214
Original post by Sirocco11
The Lopez-Stepanek match was a terrific watch. IF you catch highlights of it there was a marvellous point in the tiebreaker which had pretty much everything.

Such a disappointing performance from Wawrinka - seems as if he wilts when he gets under pressure right now. He's dropped a long way since winning the AO and Monte Carlo.

True about Wawrinka, there was no fight at all today. I really hope he's not dipping back to his pre-AO state... :frown:
Federer becomes a 7-time champion in Halle - looks quite good heading into Wimbledon.

Looks like Lopez is in the lead at the Queen's club
Reply 1216
Dimitrov pillaging Lopez in this tie break!
Lopez missed an easy forehand return winner on MP and Dimitrov wins the TB easily.

Federer wins the singles in Halle. Go and win the doubles too champ.
That is some great mental strength from Dimitrov to take that 2nd set
That is some great mental strength from Dimitrov to take that 2nd set

... and terrible mental strength to get broken from 40-0 up in the first game of the third.

Quick Reply

Latest