The Student Room Group

WJEC G3 June 2014

So how did everyone do? I only did one day of revision (yeah I know) so obviously didn't do great. I did globalisation and climatic hazards. Globalisation was easy but I got desperate and starting writing about drought management for the effects of high pressure hazards!

Scroll to see replies

I did Development and Extreme environments. I thought extreme environments was ok, but i didn't like the development essays :frown: now i just need to keep my fingers crossed for G4 on monday
Reply 2
Original post by kathryn195
I did Development and Extreme environments. I thought extreme environments was ok, but i didn't like the development essays :frown: now i just need to keep my fingers crossed for G4 on monday

I did development too! Which question did you choose?
i did glacial environments and development, did the changing patterns question which I thought went well, I was so pissed human impacts on glacial environments didn't come up ffs WJEC
I thought the investigation question was weird, about methods of anaylsis! how did everyone find it?
Reply 5
Didn't have a clue but I wouldn't have no matter what. What sort of stuff did you write?
Reply 6
Original post by pseudonymegg
i did glacial environments and development, did the changing patterns question which I thought went well, I was so pissed human impacts on glacial environments didn't come up ffs WJEC

I only revised human stuff for glaciers, didn't even touch physical thinking that human would come up as it has every single paper!!! Safe to say I didn't do too well on glaciers, but I did China, which I felt went pretty well.

Original post by Daniellespinks
I thought the investigation question was weird, about methods of anaylsis! how did everyone find it?

Never heard of that question before, I asked my teacher and she said it can be interpreted in many ways, such as methods of presentation, or evaluating how you drew conclusions (such as statistical tests, validity, reliability). Tbh that was a pretty grey area.
Original post by haseem1
I only revised human stuff for glaciers, didn't even touch physical thinking that human would come up as it has every single paper!!! Safe to say I didn't do too well on glaciers, but I did China, which I felt went pretty well.

Never heard of that question before, I asked my teacher and she said it can be interpreted in many ways, such as methods of presentation, or evaluating how you drew conclusions (such as statistical tests, validity, reliability). Tbh that was a pretty grey area.

yep same, I thought I'd be jammy and just revise human stuff but nopeee! So i just blabbed on about moraine and drumlins haha

talked about methods of collecting data, so sampling techniques, advantages and disadvantages
I couldn't remember a lot of the case studies I did, I don't think I've done too well, but hopefully I have a high C/low B...

For G3A I did climatic hazards and China, the questions weren't too bad to be fair... The way they worded the b question in G3B kinda got me a bit, asking about methods of analysis, I talked about data collection, how it could have been improved, and data presentation, but i ran out of time, shame because i was so much better in G3b...

Hopefully I can make up for that by smashing G4 as much as I can, from tomorrow I'll start doing almost only G4 revision as geog is what I'm least confident in.
(edited 9 years ago)
I did coasts and globalisation. Our teacher was NOT happy about two coastal processes questions coming up - never happened before. I think our whole year will have done crappy because we only really revised management questions

Yeah that really annoyed me too! :/ I went for the deglaciation one
Original post by iwishiwasagenius
I did coasts and globalisation. Our teacher was NOT happy about two coastal processes questions coming up - never happened before. I think our whole year will have done crappy because we only really revised management questions

This was the same for glaciers, theyve never done this before
a lot of us have written emails to alison.doogan@wjec.co.uk
i suggest you do to

write an email to alison.doogan@wjec.co.uk complaining as this was not fair
Original post by willpetty17
Yeah that really annoyed me too! :/ I went for the deglaciation one

write a short email to complain coz they cant just change the pattern of exams on the 10th exam - its misleading
alison.doogan@wjec.co.uk
Reply 15
Original post by iwishiwasagenius

We were the exact same about the coasts question, we were all gonna do management and there wasn't even one.
Original post by 07kipa2156
write a short email to complain coz they cant just change the pattern of exams on the 10th exam - its misleading
alison.doogan@wjec.co.uk

Surely they can do what they like - there isn't anything to say in the specification that two questions of the same topic can't come up. They did it because too many students were picking the easier topic
Reply 17
Original post by MrMikeEsq
So how did everyone do? I only did one day of revision (yeah I know) so obviously didn't do great. I did globalisation and climatic hazards. Globalisation was easy but I got desperate and starting writing about drought management for the effects of high pressure hazards!

i did the same topics as you.
yeah, the globalisation question was nice ! just causes of it! couldnt have been nicer haha
and for the hazards question is did the same one as you as well i think? i did the high pressure impacts on human activity. it was quite a nice question as long you also explained the causes to show how the impacts came about? my teacher said that talking about strategies to manage isnt wrong as long as you link it in correctly because it was about human activity or economic activity or something and certain methods like international aid is correct if you mentioned that! personally i didnt, because i wasnt to sure if it was, but at the same time since it was mainly on impacts, strategies to manage wasn't compulsory to talk about!
Reply 18

it was so strange! because i wasnt sure if that meant evalutate methods to collect? or how you made the results more reliable etc? i just sorta had to make some stuff up in the end and i think i started repeating myself out of stress and confusion because it seemed like such an odd question!
at least it has the least weighting...
Reply 19
how is everyone revising for G4? because the resource booklet is so confusing and i have so many notes and i dont really know how to revise it all!?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending