The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7780
Original post by little_tom
A few certainly wont make it. Miyachi, Afobe, Eisfeld come to mind. All 21 and not at the levels they should be atm.

Miyachi is a strange one, absolutely tore Eredivisie into pieces and can barely play well against championship sides. Don't know what Eisfeld is doing here tbh. As strange a singing as Bischoff.

Original post by Peggles_*
Fran Merida, Jay Emmanuel Thomas, Henri Lansbury, Jay Simpson, Sanchez Watt, where are they now!?! Remember how they were going to be quality and we'd have a team of all academy players?! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Man I had so much hops for those guys. I definitely bought into their hype. Lansbury's doing well tbf and will end up at a mid table PL side soon enough.

Merida would've made it here if he was patient. Went to Atletico instead of staying here. Last I read, he's playing in Serie B in Brazil :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
You can tell Song has hardly played this year.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 419
Miyachi is a strange one, absolutely tore Eredivisie into pieces and can barely play well against championship sides. Don't know what Eisfeld is doing here tbh. As strange a singing as Bischoff.

Man I had so much hops for those guys. I definitely bought into their hype. Lansbury's doing well tbf and will end up at a mid table PL side soon enough.

Merida would've made it here if he was patient. Went to Atletico instead of staying here. Last I read, he's playing in Serie B in Brazil :lol:

Miyachi is the typical winger for the Dutch league; pace, and bags of it! He can't actually do much else, sadly really, signed him out of high school to be the next big thing, or sell shirts in the Far East who knows!

I quite liked Lansbury, was a bit annoyed when we sold him in 2011/12, a tidy player. Was on the bench for that fateful day at OT! A team with Coquelin and Traore deserve a beating like no other!!

Lol Merida, guess he wanted that instant success. Spent two years at Atleti, now in the wilderness!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Man like Henryyy on punditryy
Original post by jam278
Being reported as 50M in other places. Telegraph and Guardian both say 50M.

He was used properly by us, he played in midfield when fit after christmas and was the backup CB. Mourinho used him pretty well imo. Nice dig though.

It's been replaced by Mourinho players but net profit is 10 or so million and he was a prized asset.

Net spend is 10m, and he wasn't prized at all, if he was a money club like Chelsea wouldn't have bothered selling him. If he was utilised properly then as one of the more valuable players in your squad, he'd have been starting every game.

It's a dig but it's true.
Everyone knows Spain lost this cos fab signed for Chelsea. Nothing good comes out of signing for Chelsea Loool
Original post by weeknd5000
Everyone knows Spain lost this cos fab signed for Chelsea. Nothing good comes out of signing for Chelsea Loool

It's the Arsenal curse! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by weeknd5000

Besides league titles, CL medals and a few FA Cups on the side. Definitely nothing good!!

:cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gottahaveit
Net spend is 10m, and he wasn't prized at all, if he was a money club like Chelsea wouldn't have bothered selling him. If he was utilised properly then as one of the more valuable players in your squad, he'd have been starting every game.

It's a dig but it's true.

He was utilised properly. He wasn't a good enough CB compared to who we play and he was one of our best CMs so we played him there.

Not a dig, you can complain about Mata's usage but not Luiz.
Original post by Peggles_*
Besides league titles, CL medals and a few FA Cups on the side. Definitely nothing good!!

:cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Come on just enjoy the night haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Daley Blind is ****ing immense.
Original post by baconbutty
Chelsea are a team to look up to in youth development a great youth setup

Crewe Alexandra have a better youth development programme than Chelsea.

In fact, with 0 youth team players becoming established members of the Chelsea 1st team in over a decade, everyone does.
Original post by Kruz
Daley Blind is ****ing immense.

How many times have you seen him play?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Endless Blue
How many times have you seen him play?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is my first time seeing him playing internationally. I've only seen him once for Ajax that was Champions League, so twice. Nonetheless he impressed me.
Sociedad's president was in London earlier to buy-out Vela's clause. We'll get just under 10M and Sociedad will be able to keep Vela. So we're not in for him anymore. This is going to be a very frustrating summer unless we're using this as leverage for Griezmann.
The death of tiki taka, so sweet.
Original post by sr90
Crewe Alexandra have a better youth development programme than Chelsea.

In fact, with 0 youth team players becoming established members of the Chelsea 1st team in over a decade, everyone does.

Chelsea's youth team tear it up I've got the upmost respect for them
Original post by Pete_91
The death of tiki taka, so sweet.

Chill. it's only the first match.
Original post by little_tom
Sociedad's president was in London earlier to buy-out Vela's clause. We'll get just under 10M and Sociedad will be able to keep Vela. So we're not in for him anymore. This is going to be a very frustrating summer unless we're using this as leverage for Griezmann.

Why don't we just get ourselves of off the Vela clause, and rather than them giving us £10m, see if we can get Griezmann for a cut price?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz
This is my first time seeing him playing internationally. I've only seen him once for Ajax that was Champions League, so twice. Nonetheless he impressed me.

Fair enough. I was deliberately being an ******** there by adhering to the forum view that unless you've seen 50% of a player's domestic team this season you're opinion is invalid.

I thought his crossing was very good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest