The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peggles_*
Why don't we just get ourselves of off the Vela clause, and rather than them giving us £10m, see if we can get Griezmann for a cut price?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know. Its a funny way of doing business.
Reply 7801
It is really baffling what the club is doing. Are they running us like a club. Or like a business :dontknow:

Whichever one they are, they're doing a terrible job of it.
Here we go again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Endless Blue
Fair enough. I was deliberately being an ******** there by adhering to the forum view that unless you've seen 50% of a player's domestic team this season you're opinion is invalid.

I thought his crossing was very good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I liked the way he was cool and calm in possession and his distributions doesn't seem shabby at all. If he continues to impress then I can see a few clubs coming in for him.
Original post by Peggles_*
Why don't we just get ourselves of off the Vela clause, and rather than them giving us £10m, see if we can get Griezmann for a cut price?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because the money isn't for players it's going in the bank
Original post by baconbutty
Because the money isn't for players it's going in the bank

PRSOM. Do you think Arsenal or Utd fans will have a bigger breakdown over summer transfers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol how am I just finding out about Sagna to man city now? wow.
Original post by Zürich
No, the reserves are Arsene's doing. The net spend of teams around us in the PL is at least £150m higher than ours over the past 8 years...and guess what our cash reserves are?

People must remember as well that if we blew £100m Spurs style this summer, there would be no more £100m windows. We'd be talking £50m tops budgets for here on in.

Say what you like about AW, but he has an unbelievable talent for spotting and then developing underpriced talent and selling players for above market worth.

Arsene needs to have a showdown with this man when he's done with football:

Might want to consider buying Daley Blind
Original post by Zürich
Might want to consider buying Daley Blind

I knew he was good but I didn't know he could dictate a match like this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Endless Blue
PRSOM. Do you think Arsenal or Utd fans will have a bigger breakdown over summer transfers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Arsenal. Utd have a top manager wenger will say he's going to spend for most the summer then come out in august saying there's no value followed by a panic buy on deadline day and arsenal fans round the world will talk about how we're just a few players away from the title and wait until the next summer to be disappointed again.
Original post by Kruz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive given up trying to second guess Eredivisie players tbh, never knew Daley could do what he does against Twente against the world champions!

Suspect Van Gaal might take him to Utd, he likes him alot.
I think Wenger is just waiting for the perfect non-finished article player. Unfortunately, the waiting part is the frustrating part when we really need to be strengthening, because other teams are definitely adding to their squads. No way do I think a Ozil star signing is going to be the norm for us, I think our signings will again, be works in progress. The funds are there, board backing is actually there, it's Wenger's transfer policy which is not there. For a supposedly great European club to use Sanogo in the CL knockout stages against Bayern is criminal, it is just absolutely crazy. Sanogo would not even get into a lower half Premiership first team side in his current stage of development.
Original post by Kruz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Imo it was a fluke, tactics worked for him today. He had the game of his life.
Original post by Kruz
Chill. it's only the first match.

7-0 Bayern Barca was the start, this just confirms it.
fling 35 bags at barca for sanchez dpmoooooo
fling 35 bags at a hater
Original post by Pete_91
7-0 Bayern Barca was the start, this just confirms it.

Except they don't play tiki taka
Original post by baconbutty
Except they don't play tiki taka

Barca don't play tiki taka? That's a first...
Original post by Pete_91
Barca don't play tiki taka? That's a first...

No and they haven't since 10/11 except in the odd game

Latest