The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Krollo
Anything in particular? I'm a but of an enthusiast.

E.g. For the factors of sustainability - SHARPWEE
Society, Health and safety, Atom economy, Raw materials, Profitability, Waste, Energy, Environment

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou! I made alot up for the units 1-6 but for the 7s im not as talented hahaha! Have you got any for p7?
Original post by Amyjonesx
I know this is irrelevant but what did everyone get for the simulataneous equation in todays maths? I think thats what it was anyway hahah

I think I got y=0 and x=6, although I'm no a* student
I feel to cry, we still have the 7s left D':
I looked over half of B7 & I've realised it's not even hard to understand. I've just seen read over half of it in the revision guide and pretty much understand it. Am I normal or is it just this easy?
Original post by Invest
I looked over half of B7 & I've realised it's not even hard to understand. I've just seen read over half of it in the revision guide and pretty much understand it. Am I normal or is it just this easy?

Yeah your normal, b7 is quite easy to understand it's just c7 and p7 that's hard :/
Original post by JazzyT17
Yeah your normal, b7 is quite easy to understand it's just c7 and p7 that's hard :/

I won't be revising for the C7 exam until after the B7 and same for Physics (only until after C7). Do you think it's enough time to learn/revise it all?
Original post by Invest
I won't be revising for the C7 exam until after the B7 and same for Physics (only until after C7). Do you think it's enough time to learn/revise it all?

Yeah I think it should be enough but c7 is quite hard so I would go in for any revision session your school holds because they have lots of calculations and equation but tbh My school didn't teach c7 good anyway :/ B7 is nice and p7 is just ok but then there's c7 lol. Good luck for your exams! :smile: Also I'm doing the same thing as u, I'm only revising in order.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1687
I feel lucky because I've done b7. Makes met feel much more relaxed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1688
Predictions for A* in P456?

Past: 33-39
Original post by Sulfur
Predictions for A* in P456?

Past: 33-39

34-36 ish, I'm going with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm hoping lower than that to save my grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by olmyster911
I'm hoping lower than that to save my grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's been mixed feelings about the Physics exams. 123 could easily be 30 for an a* judging by how everyone seems to have done. 456 was marginally better, according to most people, but it seemed to me to be stuff that you could do if you knew the syllabus well, whereas P123 was just random crap for the most part.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1692
Original post by Krollo
There's been mixed feelings about the Physics exams. 123 could easily be 30 for an a* judging by how everyone seems to have done. 456 was marginally better, according to most people, but it seemed to me to be stuff that you could do if you knew the syllabus well, whereas P123 was just random crap for the most part.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a bit off topic but:

On the first P5 question (graph) I did a curve, rubbed it out (stupidly, yet telling myself it was just f(x) = x2) and drew a straight line. It was out of three marks and I was wondering how many marks you think that I'd get for:

Straight line
Not going through origin (since current started at 0.5A)
'Current in Amps' on y axis, 'Power in Volts' on x axis

These were the major things I think that you would've had to of included, so I'm thinking 2 due to the straight line that should've been curved.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Krollo

Posted from TSR Mobile

What would be an A?
Does anyone know where you can find past papers and mark schemes for B7? - it doesn't seem to be on the ocr website.
Reply 1695
Does anyone have any predictions on the B7 six markers? I'd love:

Components of the blood
Explaining why ecosystems are a type of closed loop system
Anything on genetic modification/gene technology
Original post by Sulfur
Does anyone have any predictions on the B7 six markers?

Did someone call me? :wink:
Original post by Sulfur
It's a bit off topic but:

On the first P5 question (graph) I did a curve, rubbed it out (stupidly, yet telling myself it was just f(x) = x2) and drew a straight line. It was out of three marks and I was wondering how many marks you think that I'd get for:

Straight line
Not going through origin (since current started at 0.5A)
'Current in Amps' on y axis, 'Power in Volts' on x axis

These were the major things I think that you would've had to of included, so I'm thinking 2 due to the straight line that should've been curved.

Seeing as it was a graph of current against power, I took it as given that 0 amps would produce 0 watts and so drew it through the origin. You can justify it either way, but I suppose they were just looking for the general trend. I reckon you should get 2 marks, maybe 1 if the examiner is mean.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1698
Original post by HappyHylian
Did someone call me? :wink:

Haha, yes! If I was to plan some of these (after learning B7 right now) I'm thinking:

Differences between Diabetes type 1 and type 2 and how they can be controlled
Explain the components of the blood
Explain the function of the heart and the valves in respect to blood
Explain the components of a joint
Explain different types of injuries and how they're dealt with (RICE)
Explain what is meant by a perfect closed loop system and why ecosystems are not one of them
Explain what is meant by a stable ecosystem and why their properties are beneficial (speak about vegetation)
Explain the process of temperature inside the body
Differences between vasodilation and vasoconstriction in the body and why they're important

That's all I've covered in B7 for now - and I'm sure you'll have about a million of them! :smile:
Original post by danbomb123
What would be an A?

27 to 30, perhaps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending