The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kruz
I wouldn't mind Morata, but Real Madrid want to insert a buy back clause **** that. Bony has had a good season, but £20M is way too steep, we could probably get Balotelli for that. Hmm I'm not sure about Mândzukic, but he strikes me as another Giroud but I'd welcome him nonetheless. Yeah he can finish and head, but I like my strikers to be a bit more mobile. He doesn't look like the type of guy that runs behind defences.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think 24m for Morata is without the clause

Nothing bad in another version of Giroud if the ability of that player is by far superior plus I think Girioud might have a sick cup then boss it next season (probably not)

Bony is a good buy just not hyped up by the media and plays for Swansea.

Remy Bony and Lukaku have had very similar stats this season

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
You know who would have been the perfect replacement for Cazorla?!.....

Nevermind :colonhash:

Who? Can't think of the guy who would be a perfect replacement for Cazorla.
Original post by jam278
Who? Can't think of the guy who would be a perfect replacement for Cazorla.

I personally think Griezeman would be better for us over Cazorla

Different type of players though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7863
Fabregas probably would have been the perfect replacement lol.
Original post by trrr
Fabregas probably would have been the perfect replacement lol.

Captain obvious in the building
Cazorla and Fabregas are very very different players
Can we move on from Fabregas

Posted from TSR Mobile
Like Madrid actually need a clause. I'd say Balotelli, he got the quality, and developing player is supposed to be Wenger's strong point.
Original post by Zürich

Yeah, one actually turns up while the other one is anonymous majority of the time.

Still think Fabregas is not good enough to base a whole system round if you're trying to challenge for trophies though. Can see why Barca didn't make him the main man in midfield. Hopefully he's not a fish outta water but I see him getting on with Mourinho if Chelsea do well. But since I don't see us winning the title looks like Fab will be complaining in private to his Madrid compatriots about his bad loan stint next season.
Original post by AR_95
Can we move on from Fabregas

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you think his FIFA rating will be. I reckon it would have gone down if he went to Arsenal, reckon it'll be around 84 and Costa at 85 but if he went to Arsenal would be at 83.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich

The main difference being Fabregas is better
Original post by jam278
Yeah, one actually turns up while the other one is anonymous majority of the time.

Still think Fabregas is not good enough to base a whole system round if you're trying to challenge for trophies though. Can see why Barca didn't make him the main man in midfield. Hopefully he's not a fish outta water but I see him getting on with Mourinho if Chelsea do well. But since I don't see us winning the title looks like Fab will be complaining in private to his Madrid compatriots about his bad loan stint next season.

What do you think his FIFA rating will be. I reckon it would have gone down if he went to Arsenal, reckon it'll be around 84 and Costa at 85 but if he went to Arsenal would be at 83.

Last time Fabregas had a genuinely great season was 2009/10 in fairness...

..sometimes players just peak early. Arsene knows that too :wink:

Santi Cazorla is what he is, a squad player who is 100% reliable to do the business vs Spurs/WHU/Newcastle etc but will not provide anywhere near enough vs a big side.

Original post by manchesterunited15
The main difference being Fabregas is better

Manutd15 with that quality insight and discussion as per usual

Handy that we have Mesut Ozil really, who Mourinho himself considers the best 10 in Europe :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich

Santi Cazorla is what he is, a squad player who is 100% reliable to do the business vs Spurs/WHU/Newcastle etc but will not provide anywhere near enough vs a big side.

Zurich with those completely non-biased views as per usual
Original post by manchesterunited15
Zurich with those completely non-biased views as per usual

Didnt even provide a view, just pointed out that Cazorla and Fabregas are very different players. Which begs the question, wtf are you on about?
Original post by Zürich

Tbf Fab does have a good goalscoring record at Barca and he usually has a great half season. Reckon he suffers from burnout so that's why we need to use the youth buy another midfielder as a squad player at Chelsea.

AKB man, he probably has peaked, reckon he'll get more love at Chelsea if he starts scoring goals.

Cazorla is reliable to do the business against the likes of Spurs and Hull true.
Original post by AR_95
For sure but all this hype about them being invincible next season just doesn't seem right. I've got a feeling Costa will have a rough season and although he's quality atm I still think Suarez and Aguero are better. We don't actually know how Cesc is going to perform yet and if he's being sold by Barca I doubt he's the world beater we make him out to be. Doesn't seem like a mourinho type player but time will tell.

Right now I'm more worried about Van Gaal pulling off another shock with UTD

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is a mourinho type player?
Fabregas made Adebayor look like he was genuinely world class. I can never forget that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
Didnt even provide a view, just pointed out that Cazorla and Fabregas are very different players. Which begs the question, wtf are you on about?

You downplaying Fabregas just because he's gone to Chelsea
Original post by Zürich

..sometimes players just peak early. Arsene knows that too
:wink:

Handy that we have Mesut Ozil really, who Mourinho himself considers the best 10 in Europe :smile:

Did you not call him the prodigal son and were wishing him back? Backtracking no?
Original post by Zürich

Meh, Ozil would have still been on the bench if we currently had him like Mata was.
Original post by C.Almasy
Did you not call him the prodigal son and were wishing him back? Backtracking no?

Didnt want him back now that Ozil is here, said that all last week on here too. Would have bitten Bara's hand off 12 months ago however.

Not saying he's not a quality player, but it's fair to say his last season at Arsenal was injury plagued and not up to his previous standard while his last 3 years have been an unqualified failure.

Latest