The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Chemistry B C4,C5 and C6

How you guys feeling for this exam on monday?

Scroll to see replies

I'm not too worried myself, I think 456 in Chem are easier than 123... I hope the exam isn't too difficult though, because I have further maths 45 minutes after :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i haven't looked at it so i feel very unprepared :')
Original post by SCIENCE :D
How you guys feeling for this exam on monday?

Definitely nervous, there is ALOT of content to remember so just cramming now,the only thing hats getting me through is knowing it is my last exam ✌️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by laura89392
Definitely nervous, there is ALOT of content to remember so just cramming now,the only thing hats getting me through is knowing it is my last exam ✌️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah same, just finished C6 now just gonna run through them all again now, wish i was like you, but i have physics P4, P5 and P6 after that which in am dreading :frown:
more ready for this that the p456 coming up, this is just maths really.
Reply 6
I have mixed feelings, the content isn't that bad and thankfully I don't find maths difficult. However, out teacher has only taught us 1 or 2 things from C6 so I've had to teach myself a lot of it which makes me feel less confident. Hopefully I will be okay.
ah same, just finished C6 now just gonna run through them all again now, wish i was like you, but i have physics P4, P5 and P6 after that which in am dreading :frown:

Aw good luck for physics x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Aw good luck for physics x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks haha, btw you know for chemistry, when we are doing ionic and covalent bonding do we only have to show the outer shell :wink:
Thanks haha, btw you know for chemistry, when we are doing ionic and covalent bonding do we only have to show the outer shell :wink:

I'm doing this right now! Yes I think so according to my revision guide
The first picture is ionic bonding and the second is covalent
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402760246.323149.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402760263.251777.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing this right now! Yes I think so according to my revision guide
The first picture is ionic bonding and the second is covalent
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402760246.323149.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402760263.251777.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok great, thank you :smile:
Reply 11
I'm only starting revision now ahaha anyone got any feelings about the 6 markers or like have been told whats predicted to come up (6 marker wise?) :smile: <3 good luck everyone x
Reply 12
Original post by Random20
I have mixed feelings, the content isn't that bad and thankfully I don't find maths difficult. However, out teacher has only taught us 1 or 2 things from C6 so I've had to teach myself a lot of it which makes me feel less confident. Hopefully I will be okay.

Same. I wish C4 was taught in less depth to give time for C6 to be honest. C4 could have been pretty easy to learn whereas C6 is harder to just read and understand, if that makes sense?
does anyone know where i can get c4 c5 c6 past papers?
Original post by ArsenalWarrior
does anyone know where i can get c4 c5 c6 past papers?

I think for this board (OCR gateway b) there is only the specification past paper on OCR's website, I couldn't find any more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think for this board (OCR gateway b) there is only the specification past paper on OCR's website, I couldn't find any more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I forgot to link it here it is:

www.ocr.org.uk/Images/80668-unit-b742-02-chemistry-modules-c4-c5-c6-higher-accredited.pdf

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have the mark scheme for it as well, cos I couldn't find it? Sorry, it's at the bottom!!! :-D
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ghlgb
Same. I wish C4 was taught in less depth to give time for C6 to be honest. C4 could have been pretty easy to learn whereas C6 is harder to just read and understand, if that makes sense?

That makes sense, I agree. I'm feeling a lot better now I feel I actually know the stuff now, which is always good haha
Reply 18
Original post by Random20
That makes sense, I agree. I'm feeling a lot better now I feel I actually know the stuff now, which is always good haha

Haha yeah, im trying to get my head around radicals and the depletion of the ozone layer, but then I should be ok... :s
Original post by Chongston
Do you have the mark scheme for it as well, cos I couldn't find it? Sorry, it's at the bottom!!! :-D

If you did the paper, what mark did you get😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending