The Student Room Group

TSR Hindu Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ggmu!
Lol first thing you ask, I like the way you operate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i see you are back from your exile. I like the way you operate :colone:
Reply 901
Original post by sachinisgod
i see you are back from your exile. I like the way you operate :colone:

Haha...

Onto religious matters, have you come across the Nasadiya Sukhta? Incredible...

नासदासींनॊसदासीत्तदानीं नासीद्रजॊ नॊ व्यॊमापरॊ यत् ।किमावरीव: कुहकस्यशर्मन्नभ: किमासीद्गहनं गभीरम् ॥१॥

Then even nothingness was not, nor existence,There was no air then, nor the heavens beyond it.
What covered it? Where was it? In whose keeping
Was there then cosmic water, in depths unfathomed?

मृत्युरासीदमृतं तर्हि रात्र्या।आन्ह।आसीत् प्रकॆत: ।आनीदवातं स्वधया तदॆकं तस्माद्धान्यन्नपर: किंचनास ॥२॥

Then there was neither death nor immortality
nor was there then the torch of night and day.
The One breathed windlessly and self-sustaining.
There was that One then, and there was no other

.तम।आअसीत्तमसा गूह्ळमग्रॆ प्रकॆतं सलिलं सर्वमा।इदम् ।तुच्छॆनाभ्वपिहितं यदासीत्तपसस्तन्महिना जायतैकम् ॥३॥

At first there was only darkness wrapped in darkness.
All this was only unillumined water.That One which came to be, enclosed in nothing,
arose at last, born of the power of heat.

कामस्तदग्रॆ समवर्तताधि मनसॊ रॆत: प्रथमं यदासीत् ।सतॊबन्धुमसति निरविन्दन्हृदि प्रतीष्या कवयॊ मनीषा ॥४॥

In the beginning desire descended on it -that was the primal seed, born of the mind.
The sages who have searched their hearts with wisdom
know that which is is kin to that which is not.

तिरश्चीनॊ विततॊ रश्मीरॆषामध: स्विदासी दुपरिस्विदासीत् ।रॆतॊधा।आसन्महिमान् ।आसन्त्स्वधा ।आवस्तात् प्रयति: परस्तात् ॥५॥

And they have stretched their cord across the void,
and know what was above, and what below.
Seminal powers made fertile mighty forces.
Below was strength, and over it was impulse.

कॊ ।आद्धा वॆद क*।इह प्रवॊचत् कुत ।आअजाता कुत ।इयं विसृष्टि: ।अर्वाग्दॆवा ।आस्य विसर्जनॆनाथाकॊ वॆद यत ।आबभूव ॥६॥

But, after all, who knows, and who can say
Whence it all came, and how creation happened?
the gods themselves are later than creation,so who knows truly whence it has arisen?

इयं विसृष्टिर्यत ।आबभूव यदि वा दधॆ यदि वा ।यॊ ।आस्याध्यक्ष: परमॆ व्यॊमन्त्सॊ आंग वॆद यदि वा वॆद ॥७॥

Whence all creation had its origin,he, whether he fashioned it or whether he did not,he, who surveys it all from highest heaven,he knows - or maybe even he does not know.

-Rig Veda Book 10 Hymn 129

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
Haha...

नासदासींनॊसदासीत्तदानीं नासीद्रजॊ नॊ व्यॊमापरॊ यत् ।किमावरीव: कुहकस्यशर्मन्नभ: किमासीद्गहनं गभीरम् ॥१॥

Then even nothingness was not, nor existence,There was no air then, nor the heavens beyond it.

मृत्युरासीदमृतं तर्हि रात्र्या।आन्ह।आसीत् प्रकॆत: ।आनीदवातं स्वधया तदॆकं तस्माद्धान्यन्नपर: किंचनास ॥२॥

.तम।आअसीत्तमसा गूह्ळमग्रॆ प्रकॆतं सलिलं सर्वमा।इदम् ।तुच्छॆनाभ्वपिहितं यदासीत्तपसस्तन्महिना जायतैकम् ॥३॥

All this was only unillumined water.That One which came to be, enclosed in nothing,

कामस्तदग्रॆ समवर्तताधि मनसॊ रॆत: प्रथमं यदासीत् ।सतॊबन्धुमसति निरविन्दन्हृदि प्रतीष्या कवयॊ मनीषा ॥४॥

In the beginning desire descended on it -that was the primal seed, born of the mind.

तिरश्चीनॊ विततॊ रश्मीरॆषामध: स्विदासी दुपरिस्विदासीत् ।रॆतॊधा।आसन्महिमान् ।आसन्त्स्वधा ।आवस्तात् प्रयति: परस्तात् ॥५॥

कॊ ।आद्धा वॆद क*।इह प्रवॊचत् कुत ।आअजाता कुत ।इयं विसृष्टि: ।अर्वाग्दॆवा ।आस्य विसर्जनॆनाथाकॊ वॆद यत ।आबभूव ॥६॥

the gods themselves are later than creation,so who knows truly whence it has arisen?

इयं विसृष्टिर्यत ।आबभूव यदि वा दधॆ यदि वा ।यॊ ।आस्याध्यक्ष: परमॆ व्यॊमन्त्सॊ आंग वॆद यदि वा वॆद ॥७॥

Whence all creation had its origin,he, whether he fashioned it or whether he did not,he, who surveys it all from highest heaven,he knows - or maybe even he does not know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you in the process of reading the Vedas? If so how are you finding it?
Original post by Ggmu!
Haha...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think one day i will want to read the texts properly and appreciate them. Even now a skim read of them shows the beauty of the scriptures and their true meaning. i want to read the Bhagvad Gita one day too
Also no one responded to my Kashmiri Pandit Ethinic cleansing issue. Do we as a religion not care about our brethren?
Reply 905
Original post by eeyore02
Are you in the process of reading the Vedas? If so how are you finding it?

I haven't read the Vedas nor do I plan to. I think it loses most of its value in English. The value of the Vedas lies in Sanskrit.

I wish I knew Sanskrit!

I think one day i will want to read the texts properly and appreciate them. Even now a skim read of them shows the beauty of the scriptures and their true meaning. i want to read the Bhagvad Gita one day too

You should definitely read the Bhagavad Gita, it's incredible. You couldn't read it enough times.

Also no one responded to my Kashmiri Pandit Ethinic cleansing issue. Do we as a religion not care about our brethren?

Where did you say something?

Of course we should, Indians and India has a responsibility to people of any dharmic faith. India is their homeland and no part of India isn't meant for Hindus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ggmu!
I haven't read the Vedas nor do I plan to. I think it loses most of its value in English. The value of the Vedas lies in Sanskrit.

I wish I knew Sanskrit!

Lol what one

You should definitely read the Bhagavad Gita, it's incredible. You couldn't read it enough times.

Where did you say something?

Of course we should, Indians and India has a responsibility to people of any dharmic faith. India is their homeland and no part of India isn't meant for Hindus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

on the previous page i think. we as a country and a religion have done jack **** to help these poor people or even acknowledge them
(edited 9 years ago)
on the previous page i think. we as a country and a religion have done jack s**t to help these poor people or even acknowledge them

There are so many billionaires in India it's a joke. More needs to be done about poverty
Original post by daindian
There are so many billionaires in India it's a joke. More needs to be done about poverty

sorry are you a bit dense in the head, do you not know what context i am talking about? Im not talking about poor people, im talking about Kashmiri Pandits that were driven away from their homes by kashmiri militants
sorry are you a bit dense in the head, do you not know what context i am talking about? Im not talking about poor people, im talking about Kashmiri Pandits that were driven away from their homes by kashmiri militants

Sorry I didn't read the thread lol, so I'm not dense in the head.. . The less said about kashmir the better. Until something is done about kashmir the kashmiri millitants will continue what they wish.
Sorry I didn't read the thread lol, so I'm not dense in the head.. . The less said about kashmir the better. Until something is done about kashmir the kashmiri millitants will continue what they wish.

Well u cant take action against the whole population. We ourselves do not support them how can the country. Every year sikhs hold rallies al around the world in their 1000s to protest the genocide against them. Few hindus would even know that 19th Jan is the Kashmiri Pandit genocide day

Why do Hindus get persecuted everywhere in the world?? because we ourselves do not care and if we have a house, a job and some money, others are not a concern for us, esp our people.
Well u cant take action against the whole population. We ourselves do not support them how can the country. Every year sikhs hold rallies al around the world in their 1000s to protest the genocide against them. Few hindus would even know that 19th Jan is the Kashmiri Pandit genocide day

Why do Hindus get persecuted everywhere in the world?? because we ourselves do not care and if we have a house, a job and some money, others are not a concern for us, esp our people.

I think it's cos the hindus don't mainly know about that community, there are so many subdivisions etcBut I agree what you mean. Going back to my point the fact the richest people in this country are hindu, suggests that indians care more about wealth than their own people. A little bit of their money could go a long way in India. Helping minorities be heard etc.
I think it's cos the hindus don't mainly know about that community, there are so many subdivisions etcBut I agree what you mean. Going back to my point the fact the richest people in this country are hindu, suggests that indians care more about wealth than their own people. A little bit of their money could go a long way in India. Helping minorities be heard etc.

No everyone in India knew what happened. Its mainly Western Hindu kids who dont know anything, because their parents do not lecture them on anything apart from getting 11 A*s at GCSE and becoming a doctor.

We dont have to rely on the richest people of India, those unfortunate people in refugee camps need to be given justice, And that will come from the support from the common people. look at Sikhs, it is the common guy that protests every year
No everyone in India knew what happened. Its mainly Western Hindu kids who dont know anything, because their parents do not lecture them on anything apart from getting 11 A*s at GCSE and becoming a doctor.

We dont have to rely on the richest people of India, those unfortunate people in refugee camps need to be given justice, And that will come from the support from the common people. look at Sikhs, it is the common guy that protests every year

11 a* LOL. I think most in this country care about education and culture, than religion really. I think its cos the average sikh goes gurdwara much more than the average hindu goes temple.
Reply 914
on the previous page i think. we as a country and a religion have done jack s**t to help these poor people or even acknowledge them

Modi did address in his parliamentary speech as did the the President in his first speech.

I think something will be done now.

i know mate, its stupid. every other thread is about islam nowadays

Lol its so funny to read to be honest. From our perspective, especially as a Hindu, watching people argue over their fairy tales.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 915
11 a* LOL. I think most in this country care about education and culture, than religion really. I think its cos the average sikh goes gurdwara much more than the average hindu goes temple.

And Indians in general know jack about their country.

They give the standard coconut response 'I live in England durrrr'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well i dont think it matters if the Sikh goes to the gurdwara more. At the end of the day every other religion has unity in numbers and they rally behind a particular cause because they see it as a matter of pride and honour to defend one's faith.

Sadly for Hindus we are not united and we are that mentality that if there is an advantage for us we might even stab the fellow hindu in the back to gain it. No wonder we got overrun by British, a few 1000s ruled a country of 400 million people, Hindus everywhere around the world are persecuted and we cant do anything or rather dont want to do anything. When organisations like the National Hindu Students Forum itself do not believe in the principle of a rally then you know there is something fundamentally wrong with us. Give it another 1000 years, we might even cease to exist.
Original post by Ggmu!
And Indians in general know jack about their country.

They give the standard coconut response 'I live in England durrrr'

Posted from TSR Mobile

to me cultural ubrigning, is important. visiting india, star plus is optional lol. Ive been india over 30 times lol. Coconuts ewwwww
Well i dont think it matters if the Sikh goes to the gurdwara more. At the end of the day every other religion has unity in numbers and they rally behind a particular cause because they see it as a matter of pride and honour to defend one's faith.

Sadly for Hindus we are not united and we are that mentality that if there is an advantage for us we might even stab the fellow hindu in the back to gain it. No wonder we got overrun by British, a few 1000s ruled a country of 400 million people, Hindus everywhere around the world are persecuted and we cant do anything or rather dont want to do anything. When organisations like the National Hindu Students Forum itself do not believe in the principle of a rally then you know there is something fundamentally wrong with us. Give it another 1000 years, we might even cease to exist.

with ht e hindu thing, i think the fact every state in india, has different hindusthat follow different gods etc, contributes to the factor add to that the stupid caste system. the raping if the women too. its tragic and quite sad
with ht e hindu thing, i think the fact every state in india, has different hindusthat follow different gods etc, contributes to the factor add to that the stupid caste system. the raping if the women too. its tragic and quite sad

well we cannot change the cultural differences or the worshipping practices, but it is sad that if a Hindu Punjabi is being killed due to his religion a Tamil hindu for example wouldnt really care much.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending