The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam278
I disagree. Hazard offers more than Fabregas, Hazard can control a game, offers an injection in pace, his link up play is very good and he can create and score goals by himself. It's not his fault that there is little to no creativity in the rest of the team's due to the tactics. Fabregas can do most of that but Hazards close control and acceleration is probably what makes him the better player. If Hazard was playing for Madrid he'd be better than Bale tbh. Ronaldo would love him.

Nice to see his consistency.

I think hazard will become better but in 2006 I remember fabregas being regarded as one of the best midfielders in the world. Infact he came 8th in the ballon'dor and was dominating week after week in the prem consistently which I haven't seen hazard do yet
Fabregas used to dictate games for us in his last two seasons here. There were games where we would be a goal down, or tied 0-0 and the rest of the team would just pass to him at every opportunity hoping he would create or score a goal. At times it was embarrassing, but it just goes to show important Fabregas can be for a team. Hazard and Fabregas are two completely different players anyway, it would be pointless to compare them. Might as well compare Bale with Modric?

Wenger got the best of Cesc because we play free-flowing football and allowed Cesc to drift wherever he liked on the pitch (hence why he scored so many goals). Will Mourinho give him the licence to do that? Probably not
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7902
Forget cesc now, it's done.

Reports are emerging that we're in for a "double swoop" for Hulk & Balotelli. Obviously I'm taking these rumours with a pinch of salt, especially given their unreliable source.. But it would be an interesting move if we were to get both. They would both inject pace & power in our team. To be honest, Arsenal players are so weak.. We could do with some beasts
Original post by SHOO
Forget cesc now, it's done.

Reports are emerging that we're in for a "double swoop" for Hulk & Balotelli. Obviously I'm taking these rumours with a pinch of salt, especially given their unreliable source.. But it would be an interesting move if we were to get both. They would both inject pace & power in our team. To be honest, Arsenal players are so weak.. We could do with some beasts

Doubt hulk will happen but Ballotelli seems likely

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7905
Original post by AR_95

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've always rated Hulk. His versatility allows him to play as a ST too.. And can obviously play on the wing (as he did for Brazil the other day)

But yea, that one seems unlikely
Original post by e aí rapaz
The Hulk reports were all based on some Twitter guy pretending to be a journalist. He admitted it soon after.

What? Rofl

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edited my post. He didn't admit it but was exposed fairly quickly. Just not before a bunch of crappy rumour websites quoted him without checking it.

And THAT'S why I don't hyped off a twitter rumour.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7908
Original post by e aí rapaz
Edited my post. He didn't admit it but was exposed fairly quickly.

And THAT'S why I don't hyped off a twitter rumour.

Lol thank goodness I don't have a twitter account.

Do you remember in the Jan transfer window, when Wenger was reportedly seen in Spain watching a Barca game? Was that true? Maybe he's been long thinking about a swoop for one of their players :/
Original post by SHOO
I've always rated Hulk. His versatility allows him to play as a ST too.. And can obviously play on the wing (as he did for Brazil the other day)

But yea, that one seems unlikely

Ewww Hulk, he's too inconsistent. Hasn't been the same since he left Porto.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh maan. im guessing gibbs was on loan and scz not in the first team at that point.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest

oh maan. im guessing gibbs was on loan and scz not in the first team at that point.

so many sidemen omg.
At least having all that staff kept us from getting too many injuri.... oh wait

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only seen Hulk play a few times, but going from what I've seen, I hope that we don't get him.

Ballotelli would be good though
Yohell Campbell to score first goal 12/1, easy money.
godin thinkin he can lose me money, naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah never happenin
Original post by BigBadJFly
Only seen Hulk play a few times, but going from what I've seen, I hope that we don't get him.

Ballotelli would be good though

Porto Hulk and early Zenit Hulk was a monster tbh, great upper body strength- Yaya would bounce off him. Also was an incredibly strong striker of the ball, rocket shots/free kicks.

He's off the boil recently, he goes missing too often and has poor attitude. Though I reckon Wenger is a good manager for these types and could implement a good work ethic into him.
(edited 9 years ago)
Joel campbellll
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
Yohell Campbell to score first goal 12/1, easy money.

Almost. Really good goal by him. Well taken.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz
Joel campbellll

You know that £26m Frenchman you were going to buy to help Podolski out on the left, Venga just realised he can save £26m and rotate Campbell there. :rolleyes:

Latest