The Student Room Group

AQA Law Unit 4 OFFICIAL THREAD 17/06/2014

Post any questions queries you have have about Unit 4 Property Offences and Unit 4C Concepts

Heres some useful stuff to help you out

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thanks for these, have helped me a lot!

Whats your prediction for concepts?
Reply 2
Original post by ghjkldf
Thanks for these, have helped me a lot!

Whats your prediction for concepts?

Justice didn't appear in the last paper and it usually works with a one year interchange between the topics if you look at the past papers.
so it will likely to appear in this one?
Reply 4
Original post by DarkChaoz95
so it will likely to appear in this one?

Nothing's set in stone but it's likely to appear
Hopefully that or morality comes up.
Reply 6
I think worst case scenario it may be the fault essay and the two other essays as the concepts that may come up - or best case scenario it may be the justice essay as well as morality essay that come up so we have a choice :P Bearing in mind, in unit 3 everyone thought it was going to be murder and vol. manslaughter that would come up and it turned out to be general defences essay :/ But as long as we learn all three essays (fault, morality and justice) we won't miss out of 35 marks :smile: Good luck to everyone who's doing the law unit 4 exam on tuesday :P Has anyone finished revising for unit 4 or is it just me?
From looking at the past papers and how they tend to rotate the concepts questions, I think it's definitely going to be balancing conflicting interests (as in the last three papers this has only come up once whereas the others have come up twice). I highly doubt that they will put both fault AND judicial creativity in after last year, especially as fault came up the year before. However, law and morality AND judicial creativity both came up 3 years ago. I would say the most likely are balancing conflicting interests and justice, and then either morality or judicial creativity and of these two I think probably morality as it opens up more debate and is a more "core" concept than judicial creativity. So my predictions for concept:

1. Balancing conflicting interests
2. Law and Justice
3. Law and Morality. :smile:
Reply 8
I think Balancing will come up as well
Reply 9
I don't think justice will come up as it came up twice in a row last year and year before that. However all topics besides balancing have been repeated twice already so my bet on one of the questions is balancing. Also because fault didn't come up last year as opposed to judicial, morality and justice, my bet for the second question is on fault. The last question is between morality and judicial. However that't just based on a very simple and obvious pattern. AQA are trolls as seen with unit 3 and so anything can come up even the least expected. But I should be fine as long as either morality or justice comes up.
(edited 9 years ago)
i'm really struggling with trying to learn these has anyone got any good tips?
Original post by Dilsz
Post any questions queries you have have about Unit 4 Property Offences and Unit 4C Concepts

Heres some useful stuff to help you out

how long does it take you to write these answers in full?
Reply 12
Original post by efinerty
how long does it take you to write these answers in full?

Time yourself. Those ain't my answers their just for guidance
Original post by Dilsz
Time yourself. Those ain't my answers their just for guidance

it's just they are extremely long in comparison to my own
Reply 14
it's just they are extremely long in comparison to my own

They are but they are meant to be used as guides
Original post by Paddy1996
I don't think justice will come up as it came up twice in a row last year and year before that. However all topics besides balancing have been repeated twice already so my bet on one of the questions is balancing. Also because fault didn't come up last year as opposed to judicial, morality and justice, my bet for the second question is on fault. The last question is between morality and judicial. However that't just based on a very simple and obvious pattern. AQA are trolls as seen with unit 3 and so anything can come up even the least expected. But I should be fine as long as either morality or justice comes up.

I think you've looked at the wrong past paper. Last year it was morality, fault and judicial creativity. You're talking about the 2012 paper haha, it was:

June 2013: morality, fault and judicial creativity
June 2012: balancing conflicting interests, justice and fault
June 2011: justice, morality and judicial creativity
Original post by Taylorma.07
I think you've looked at the wrong past paper. Last year it was morality, fault and judicial creativity. You're talking about the 2012 paper haha, it was:

June 2013: morality, fault and judicial creativity
June 2012: balancing conflicting interests, justice and fault
June 2011: justice, morality and judicial creativity

i'm doing justice, fault and morality and since 2010 fault and justice have been up 3 times and morality has only been up twice
Original post by Dilsz
They are but they are meant to be used as guides

how have you learnt them then?
Reply 18
how have you learnt them then?

I made an essay plan for each and jus rewrote them ^_^
i'm doing justice, fault and morality and since 2010 fault and justice have been up 3 times and morality has only been up twice

Those are the three I'm doing as well, but I'm not revising fault as it came up last year and the year before that. Both morality and justice have come up twice in three papers, but it makes sense for at least one of them to come up. It's very very unlikely fault will come up, as that would mean it's come up 3 years in a row and that's not allowing for the others to be equally considered.

Quick Reply

Latest