Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kenan and Kel
:rofl:

**** sake, not dragging myself into this one

k den

images speak a thousand words, let no more be said about the matter
Original post by dire wolf
Cr7>All

only a fool, or someone ignorant of the rules of true football, would disagree. Take your pick I guess

Are you a qualified referee as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dire wolf
x

How ****ing stupid can you get to use Ballon D'or triumphs as an example when the original poster said Messi's been the best player over the past five years. Seriously.

Keep posting though, son.
(edited 9 years ago)
I concluded from the first post he's fishing.
Original post by Fizzel

At least troll properly like Pistol. Sigh.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
How ****ing stupid can you get to use Ballon D'or triumphs as an example when the original poster said Messi's been the best player over the past five years. Seriously.

Keep posting though, son.

I said over the last 5 years and his idea of proving that wrong was to show Ronaldo winning the Ballon D'or. Funny that over the last 5 years Messi has won the award 4 times and come second 1 time. Not a bad record. It's as if he thought this would prove his point.
Reply 66
Original post by Fizzel

Yeah was quite obvious when football is down to 100% luck and 10% tactics.
We better ****ing win.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Found this. Not perfect, but not bad.

[video="youtube;EmgVCdzaYzY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmgVCdzaYzY#t=18[/video]
Several comments:

1. We are awful at taking corners.

2. We can't defend for toffee.

3. Very positive going forward, played much the better football in the second half.

4. Rooney, assist aside, was a waste of space.

5. Sterling a complete breath of fresh air.

On the balance of play we really shouldn't have lost this game and Hart had basically nothing to do in the second half. One piece of sloppy marking from Cahill/Johnson (know who I blame more) and it costs us the match. If Suarez is fit next week we're in big trouble.
Carrick is like the English Pirlo. He'd have dictated that game next to Gerrard and is much better than Wilshere who is overrated. Carrick would have stretched play more and put Sturridge through more by playing in behind. Wilshere tries to be too fancy and showing off with all this Arsenal tika taka wannabe rubbish.
Great post
Original post by Midlander
Several comments:

1. We are awful at taking corners.

Agreed. Corners and free kicks are now just giving it away. If we just played it short and tried to attack normally we would have much more success.

2. We can't defend for toffee.

Actually completely disagree with this. We were beaten by 2 pieces of pure quality and those 2 moments aside, we were quite solid. The first goal is a beautiful dummy and a clean strike, difficult to blame anyone, just sheer quality. The second goal Baines is sold a fake shot that almost any defender would have fallen for and then a perfect cross and a simple finish.
You can't really blame the defence for either goal, sometimes the opposition do incredible things. All you can do is try to stop them getting the opportunities to do such tings by limiting corners and not giving away possession cheaply.

3. Very positive going forward, played much the better football in the second half.

I was a bit disappointed. We were quite good but we didn't create enough clear cut opportunities. Some bright flashes from good players but it is time to say that Welbeck just lacks the talent required. He was probably the right choice today but going forwards he just isn't good enough.

4. Rooney, assist aside, was a waste of space.

He was far from his best but I still think he has to play the nest 2 games. Play him down the middle right up with Sturridge where he can do damage and then judge him based on that. If Roy wants a winger to work hard then pick Lallana or Welbeck, not Rooney. Play him in the middle or not at all. (Again,today was an exception where I think it was the right call/)

5. Sterling a complete breath of fresh air.

On the balance of play we really shouldn't have lost this game and Hart had basically nothing to do in the second half. One piece of sloppy marking from Cahill/Johnson (know who I blame more) and it costs us the match. If Suarez is fit next week we're in big trouble.

I agree we were unlucky to lose but we showed enough to make me think we will win the next 2 games an progress. If Suarez does play then I am not worried as he will be far from fully fit. You can't blame Johnson or Cahill for the Balotelli goal. When a cross that good is played in, youi have to hope the guy on the end of it is crap in the air. That cross and a player of Balo's quality will equal a goal no matter who is defending it. The match was won by Italy with 2 moments of class and lost by England with poor finishing.
Original post by Alex Doran
Agreed. Corners and free kicks are now just giving it away. If we just played it short and tried to attack normally we would have much more success.

Agree, it was far too easy to defend against.

Actually completely disagree with this. We were beaten by 2 pieces of pure quality and those 2 moments aside, we were quite solid. The first goal is a beautiful dummy and a clean strike, difficult to blame anyone, just sheer quality. The second goal Baines is sold a fake shot that almost any defender would have fallen for and then a perfect cross and a simple finish.

Don't buy that. The defence looked suspect all night each time it was put under pressure. You can talk about the quality of the cross (and I agree there), but Balotelli lost his man far too easily. The first goal had Marchisio left in acres of space and given time to pick his spot. Not good enough in my view but perhaps I'm being harsh.

You can't really blame the defence for either goal, sometimes the opposition do incredible things. All you can do is try to stop them getting the opportunities to do such tings by limiting corners and not giving away possession cheaply.

I was a bit disappointed. We were quite good but we didn't create enough clear cut opportunities. Some bright flashes from good players but it is time to say that Welbeck just lacks the talent required. He was probably the right choice today but going forwards he just isn't good enough.

Even if the talent wasn't quite there from all players I felt that the mentality was absolutely right. They looked like a team trying to play a high intensity style and it was refreshing to see.

He was far from his best but I still think he has to play the nest 2 games. Play him down the middle right up with Sturridge where he can do damage and then judge him based on that. If Roy wants a winger to work hard then pick Lallana or Welbeck, not Rooney. Play him in the middle or not at all. (Again,today was an exception where I think it was the right call/)

Not blaming Rooney completely but he really isn't a left winger. He was generally sloppy in possession but he was far from the only one in the team who was. Missed a sitter half way through the second half which should've been his bread and butter.

I agree we were unlucky to lose but we showed enough to make me think we will win the next 2 games an progress. If Suarez does play then I am not worried as he will be far from fully fit. You can't blame Johnson or Cahill for the Balotelli goal. When a cross that good is played in, youi have to hope the guy on the end of it is crap in the air. That cross and a player of Balo's quality will equal a goal no matter who is defending it. The match was won by Italy with 2 moments of class and lost by England with poor finishing.

It just disappointed me that the team who made an attempt at playing some attacking football lost out to two isolated moments in the game against a team which parked the bus. The Dutch played a similar way against Spain and hit 5-so I think we should continue to play in the same way. The difference is we can't stick van Persie up top!
Not worried about Uruguay. They were pretty average yesterday plus they were pretty lucky in the last World Cup imo. Suarez and Cavani are top players, but it's not like we have no threat of our own. We're pretty much better everywhere else. Get Ox and Sterling in and we'll cause trouble to plenty of teams on the break
Reply 75
Original post by Welsh Bluebird
Carrick is like the English Pirlo. He'd have dictated that game next to Gerrard and is much better than Wilshere who is overrated. Carrick would have stretched play more and put Sturridge through more by playing in behind. Wilshere tries to be too fancy and showing off with all this Arsenal tika taka wannabe rubbish.

Carrick is like the English Pirlo.

Carrick is like the English Pirlo.

Not sure if srs.

Carrick just passes it sideways and backwards majority of the time and struggles whenever he is under substantial pressure, people overrate deep lying playmakers because they find their man majority of the time but compared to good DLPs Carricks passing is your average slow down play and pass sideways/backwards player, Pirlo controls a game under pressure. Carrick would be more useful in an italy side who play slow football but we're suited to fast attacking play.

Carrick is terrible and had one good season in midfield where his competitors were Cleverley, an overweight brazillian, an overweight Englishman who's a striker, a guy who had retired the previous year and a guy who retires the year after. John Obi Mikel and Ramires would probably start for United at this point in time.
Reply 76
Original post by 9MmBulletz
Not worried about Uruguay. They were pretty average yesterday plus they were pretty lucky in the last World Cup imo. Suarez and Cavani are top players, but it's not like we have no threat of our own. We're pretty much better everywhere else. Get Ox and Sterling in and we'll cause trouble to plenty of teams on the break

Yeah their midfield is terrible personally. Gargano and Rios did nothing, Stuani did nothing too. Honestly it was like watching cleverley, they couldn't pick out a man forward and they struggled with creativity.

England will win that game for sure, it was obvious that England were likely to lose to Italy although with the chances England had they should have got a point.

Same performance against uruguay, hit them with pace on the break(as the onus is on them to attack as we can just beat Costa rica to 0 and go through on GD) and they'll have no chance.
(edited 9 years ago)
Play players in their proper positions, Roy.
Reply 78
Cheers, I needed a good laugh.
Reply 79
Lol, Carrick is even worse.

Quick Reply

Latest