The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I really needed some help with this paper so I'm glad someone created this thread! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Can anyone find the June 2013 paper?
Reply 3
Can someone help me with the marketing and other issues questions and the marketing strategy and market research strategy question! As I really struggle writing an answer for these!

Posted from TSR Mobile
can anyone help me with the final 18 mark question
'marketing and other issues'
i find it really hard to revise this stuff and i find the essays really difficult to gain marks in!

i have decided upon a few key areas that i feel are neccessary to revise
1)promotion- above the line/ below the line/direct selling/ PR/ sponsors/ direct marketing- pros and cons of each/ALWAYS relate back to the case study given and the situation that that business is in.
2)advantages and disadvantages of SWOT analysis
3)marketing strategy to increase sales- product, place, price promotion, marketing mix- related back to the case study situation
4) pricing strategies/ customer based/ cost based/ competiton based- pros cons of each/ why the business should use the one youve evaulated in your answer
5) marketing and other issues concentrate on 4 key areas, explain and evaluate all of them and how it may benefit the marketing strategy put in place/ and the limitations of it.
examples..
-HR- invest in new products/markets/ market research/ train staff improve services-direct sellling/ overall increased sales as staff improve in customer relations- however, costly to do MKRS, is the finance available for the market research, lag times, do they have enough market evidence their new products will be succesfull
-FINANCE
-OPERATIONS
-MARKETING

learn all the possible calculations
1. markup
2. contribution
3. % change etc

-promotional methods
-market research strategys pros/cons

anyone have any other key areas of revision for this exam or key points?
i need the help i seem to not be able to mix the case study with the answer which is where i let myself down!
I struggle with question structure for this topic -

Any advice at all will be helpful! I can't seem to get out of the AS style of writing my points.
Does anyone have the formulas for mark up, contribution and percentage of quantity? x
Original post by Bee3011
Can someone help me with the marketing and other issues questions and the marketing strategy and market research strategy question! As I really struggle writing an answer for these!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Marketing and Other Issues
-Marketing (pick one impact)
-Operations (pick one)
-People
-Finance
-Other external factors (such as economy, competition etc.)

Marketing strategy (base it around the 4P's)
-Objectives
-Promotion
-Price
-Place
-Product

Market research plan
-Objectives
-Primary Methods
-Secondary Methods
-Sampling methods
Reply 8
Original post by bengordon24
-Operations (pick one)
-People
-Finance

-Objectives
-Promotion
-Price
-Place
-Product

Market research plan
-Objectives
-Primary Methods
-Secondary Methods
-Sampling methods

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
How likely is the Boston/ Ansoff's Matrix to come up?
Hey guys, wanted to know if somebody could give me a list of the possible numerical questions that could come up for the first question?
(edited 9 years ago)
-Operations (pick one)
-People
-Finance

-Objectives
-Promotion
-Price
-Place
-Product

Market research plan
-Objectives
-Primary Methods
-Secondary Methods
-Sampling methods

THIS IS AMAZING.
Just one thing I would like to ask,
By pick one on bold operations, what do you mean exactly?
Original post by Shady778
THIS IS AMAZING.
Just one thing I would like to ask,
By pick one on bold operations, what do you mean exactly?

It wasn't supposed to be in bold! Sorry!
Original post by HashtagObi
Hey guys, wanted to know if somebody could give me a list of the possible numerical questions that could come up for the first question?

YES OBI!!

-Standard deviation
-Contribution (total contribution, break even and profit/loss from this)
-Percentage change
-PED
-Mark Up
-Predicted change in revenue for price discrimination
-Market share
-Market growth
-ARR/Payback (possibly)
It wasn't supposed to be in bold! Sorry!

NO! i made it bold so you could see it LOL :smile:

I just wanted to know what you meant by Pick one on the operations as in pick one what?
Original post by Shady778
NO! i made it bold so you could see it LOL :smile:

I just wanted to know what you meant by Pick one on the operations as in pick one what?

OHH! My bad. Basically for each of the departments (operations, finance, people and marketing) you need to pick an issue that would occur as a result of the factor they give you.

For example, if a business took over another firm, the impact on operations could be a fall in capacity
OHH! My bad. Basically for each of the departments (operations, finance, people and marketing) you need to pick an issue that would occur as a result of the factor they give you.

For example, if a business took over another firm, the impact on operations could be a fall in capacity

great thanks, thats definately cleared things up :smile:) GOOD LUCK
I purchased the tutor2u market rapid revision guide, its in Q&A form so its pretty easy to revise from. It's in PDF form and pretty happy to email it to anyone who wants it
Original post by politicschick
i purchased the tutor2u market rapid revision guide, its in q&a form so its pretty easy to revise from. It's in pdf form and pretty happy to email it to anyone who wants it

yes please! Ill message you
Original post by politicschick
I purchased the tutor2u market rapid revision guide, its in Q&A form so its pretty easy to revise from. It's in PDF form and pretty happy to email it to anyone who wants it

Hey I'd like one as well please if it's not a problem :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending