The Student Room Group

CIE or Edexcel for IGCSE sciences

Has anyone experienced either of them, and which is the harder?

Many thanks
Original post by cheeriosarenice
Has anyone experienced either of them, and which is the harder?

Many thanks

DEFINITELY CIE !!!!!

Without a doubt studying for cie exams was the worst form of torture that i wouldn't wish upon anyone... Switching to edexcel was probably THE best decision of my life !!!!

Unless you are like crazy smart you should stick with edexcel in my opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sofiamalik_1995
DEFINITELY CIE !!!!!

Without a doubt studying for cie exams was the worst form of torture that i wouldn't wish upon anyone... Switching to edexcel was probably THE best decision of my life !!!!

Unless you are like crazy smart you should stick with edexcel in my opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are they really that hard? What makes them so hard? Is it that there is more content, or because they ask difficult questinos in the exams?

Do you mean you switched to edexcel iGCSe or GCSE?
Are they really that hard? What makes them so hard? Is it that there is more content, or because they ask difficult questinos in the exams?

Do you mean you switched to edexcel iGCSe or GCSE?

I switched to edexcel GCE which is easier than the iGCSE but cie is still harder than both ... It is mainly difficult because of the content and how much your expected to learn. Its generally harder to get a good grade with cies also.

This does however also depend on whether you did GCSE or o levels ... Going from GCSE to cie a levels for me was torture because there is soo much content from olevels that is not taught in gcses but you are required to know it for the cies.

If your planning to go to university then theres not really any additional benefit to doing cies, its the grades not the exam boards that matter. Its good to try challenging things but personally i wouldn't put myself through mental torture especially if i have another option

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sofiamalik_1995
I switched to edexcel GCE which is easier than the iGCSE but cie is still harder than both ... It is mainly difficult because of the content and how much your expected to learn. Its generally harder to get a good grade with cies also.

This does however also depend on whether you did GCSE or o levels ... Going from GCSE to cie a levels for me was torture because there is soo much content from olevels that is not taught in gcses but you are required to know it for the cies.

If your planning to go to university then theres not really any additional benefit to doing cies, its the grades not the exam boards that matter. Its good to try challenging things but personally i wouldn't put myself through mental torture especially if i have another option

Posted from TSR Mobile

What board did you do gcse on though? Did you do normal gcse, Edexcel iGCSE or CIE iGCSE
What board did you do gcse on though? Did you do normal gcse, Edexcel iGCSE or CIE iGCSE

Normal gcse

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest