The Student Room Group

THE BIG THREE (Not History related): B3, C3, P3!

Which one are YOU most nervous about?

Scroll to see replies

B3
Original post by Marcusroye98
B3

Really? Interesting! Personally, I am most nervous about P3, mainly due to the fact that I have a strong dislike for Physics. However, I've got to say the behaviour stuff in B3 makes me slightly worried :tongue:
Original post by Don Pedro K.
Really? Interesting! Personally, I am most nervous about P3, mainly due to the fact that I have a strong dislike for Physics. However, I've got to say the behaviour stuff in B3 makes me slightly worried :tongue:

Im worried about the really high grade boundaries :frown:
Reply 4
omg i just realised B3 is soooo long and it the topics dont link into each other making it confusing
Im worried about the really high grade boundaries :frown:

Well, based on the past grade boundaries, Biology has unfortunately had quite high grade boundaries throughout for the "June" series...Which kind of sucks. Buuuuut I'm sure if we just work hard we'll be fine :biggrin:!
Reply 6
what do you guys think the 6 markers will be, i reckon menstrual cycle or kidney or human tools
Original post by cilla_e
omg i just realised B3 is soooo long and it the topics dont link into each other making it confusing

Don't stress out! That's the worst thing you can do right now!! It's quite hypocritical of me to being saying this seeing as I'm a nervous wreck myself, but just keep a level head and work through the things that you are least confident on. I made a "TO DO LIST" myself, and it's been really useful!! Just stay calm :biggrin:
Well, based on the past grade boundaries, Biology has unfortunately had quite high grade boundaries throughout for the "June" series...Which kind of sucks. Buuuuut I'm sure if we just work hard we'll be fine :biggrin:!

42 out of 60 for a B ----______------
Original post by cilla_e
what do you guys think the 6 markers will be, i reckon menstrual cycle or kidney or human tools

Hmm a lot of people have been saying that those two topics are bound to creep up this year! I can imagine them doing so! I think they are definitely worth revising if you ask me. They're not too difficult to learn as well, as the processes in the menstrual cycle for example fit neatly.
:007:
Original post by cilla_e

What would you say for human tools?
42 out of 60 for a B ----______------

Oh. Well, that's interesting...Maybe that particular paper was a lot easier? Was it a B3 paper by the way?
Reply 12
Don't stress out! That's the worst thing you can do right now!! It's quite hypocritical of me to being saying this seeing as I'm a nervous wreck myself, but just keep a level head and work through the things that you are least confident on. I made a "TO DO LIST" myself, and it's been really useful!! Just stay calm :biggrin:

its kinda hard not to seeing as i didnt do well in the b1 and 2 but thanks anyways. ive been revising lots so hopefully my hardwork will pay off
Reply 13

they'll probably give a picture of the stone tool and ask us have to explain how it prove humans have developed or something.

I believe the human tools thing she's talking about is the stuff on how man has developed more complex and ergonomic stone tools as the cranial capacity increased. So for example, whereas the tools of the Homo habilis was of a simple stone design, the more modern Homo neanderthalis used flint tools, wooden spears and also tools which had a much more defined point.

The "evolution" of these tools is used as evidence for the evolution of humans.
Original post by cilla_e
its kinda hard not to seeing as i didnt do well in the b1 and 2 but thanks anyways. ive been revising lots so hopefully my hardwork will pay off

I'm sure it will :smile: Stay positive :biggrin:
Oh. Well, that's interesting...Maybe that particular paper was a lot easier? Was it a B3 paper by the way?

yep :smile:
yep :smile:

Right I see. Well was it an easier paper in your opinion? That might explain why the grade boundaries were higher.:eek:
Reply 18
last years paper was kinda easy though and had lots of nice topics so this year should be good too. hopefully.

what grade are you guys aiming to get in this paper? and what did yall get in your CAT
Original post by cilla_e
last years paper was kinda easy though and had lots of nice topics so this year should be good too. hopefully.

what grade are you guys aiming to get in this paper? and what did yall get in your CAT

Yeah last year's one wasn't too bad I think. I am aiming for an A* as I have been doing for the other ones. I am pretty sure I got an A* for B2; B1, I am not entirely sure as I got the first question wrong, which kinda messed up the next few questions :frown:.

My controlled assessment should help though because I think I am in the high A/low A* category.

Quick Reply

Latest