The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zürich
x

Tbf no player will love the club as much as the fans do. There are exceptions of course

Ricardo Rodriguez, Serge Aurier and Danny Blind :sogood:.
Original post by sevchenko
Q. Do you understand that Cesc has gone to Chelsea? You forgive him?

"How can you stop the progress of a player?

"Obviously, in an ideal world, as an Arsenal fan, I would have loved him to come back to Arsenal, all fans think that but if someone knocks your door, you have to look for future, and as there wasn't a chance of him returning, the deal was made"

Q: It will be tough for him to play at the Emirates, right?

"I think gooners will understand him"

"If he couldn't return to Arsenal... what is he supposed to do? He can't stop going to PL because he played in our Arsenal. In fact he hasn't left the Arsenal to go directly to Chelsea. That would have been worse. He's a blue player now and I expect all Arsenal fans not to boo him when he plays at the Emirates. He doesn't deserve it, for sure"

Source: http://www.marca.com/2014/06/15/futbol/mundial/1402842715.html

Obviously Henry is sympathetic to Cesc because he basically did the same thing. He snaked Arsenal for his own personal ambition. He abandoned the club when times were staring to get really hard because of Wenger's future were uncertain. I'm sorry Henry Arsenal FC is more than Wenger.

Bergkamp is a true legend

Fabregas has done nothing wrong, I don't understand why Arsenal fans are annoyed at him.
Cannot quite believe we spent £8.3m on Monreal. Shocker. http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/arsenal-transfers.html
bring back djourou and gervinho lads
Reply 8025
Can't understand why sakho would be chosen over kosc
Original post by C.Almasy
Cannot quite believe we spent £8.3m on Monreal. Shocker. http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/arsenal-transfers.html

He's had 1 full season tbf, and we'd have said Koscielny/Mertesacker were flops at the same stage. He was much better in his first few months so lets give him another chance.
Original post by manchesterunited15
Fabregas has done nothing wrong, I don't understand why Arsenal fans are annoyed at him.

Where did I say he did? I can safely say I won't be booing him. Because he didn't reject Arsenal, Arsenal rejected him. Cesc wanted to come back to Arsenal so all this talk about him making a money move is nonsense. So I don't see how it's his fault for wanting to further his career with Chelsea. Arsenal should have brought him back, that's the reason why we battled to put there clause in there.

I'm more annoyed with Wenger for not bringing him back but lets see what Arsenal win in May. There a literally no excuses for Wenger. He can't say injuries because we had a chance to prevent that
(edited 9 years ago)
Where did I say he did? I can safely say I won't be booing him. Because he didn't reject Arsenal, Arsenal rejected him. Cesc wanted to come back to Arsenal so all this talk about him making a money move is nonsense. So I don't see how it's his fault for wanting to further his career with Chelsea. Arsenal should have brought back that the reason why we battled to put there clause in there.

I'm more annoyed with Wenger for not bringing him back but lets see what Arsenal win in May. There a literally no excuses for Wenger. He can't say injuries because we had a chance to prevent that

You said Fabregas snaked you
I'd rather Koscielny not even play, so when he comes back he's fresh for us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You said Fabregas snaked you

For the original move to Barca
For the original move to Barca

Oh right, I don't think he did anything wrong there either. Not many players would turn down the opportunity to go from a team in 4th place to the best team in the world, especially if it was their boyhood club.
Oh right, I don't think he did anything wrong there either. Not many players would turn down the opportunity to go from a team in 4th place to the best team in the world, especially if it was their boyhood club.

Not very often the champions of England would give a 17 year old a starting place, and then build a team around a 19 year old . :wink:
Original post by Zürich
Not very often the champions of England would give a 17 year old a starting place, and then build a team around a 19 year old . :wink:

It's not like they were doing it out of the goodness of their heart. They did it because it was the best option for the club, and they got their reward through 7 years of service and £35 million. Fabregas didn't owe them anything on top of that.
Guys, how would you feel about using Campbell on the LW with Giroud up top?
It's not like they were doing it out of the goodness of their heart. They did it because it was the best option for the club, and they got their reward through 7 years of service and £35 million. Fabregas didn't owe them anything on top of that.

the way he forced a move was shifty as hell though, no need for the **** he pulled.
Original post by Pete_91
Guys, how would you feel about using Campbell on the LW with Giroud up top?
As a rotation option then maybe
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
the way he forced a move was shifty as hell though, no need for the **** he pulled.

I don't really know all the details but from what I do know it seems he had to do what he did or Wenger would have refused to sell him
I don't really know all the details but from what I do know it seems he had to do what he did or Wenger would have refused to sell him
But if a player is on contract then that player continues to fulfill that contract regardless of being refused a transfer

nah its the way he was projecting such a quiet and innocent persona but behind the scenes he was pulling all kinds of twatty moves. I blame barca just as much, probably more for the blatant tap up.

http://www.arsenalreport.com/ix/the-cesc-fabregas-transfer-saga-timeline-how-barca-got-what-they-wanted/

all the courting makes the whole of the barca team look like mugs now tbh, especially with the disrespect barca have shown cesc really.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest