The Student Room Group

My girlfriend doesn't trust me one bit

Title says what it is. Only young but this is the first 'real' relationship I've ever had. If you lovely guys and girls could give me some advice to some way of building up trust again - that would be brilliant. I can't even talk to another girl without her saying I'm flirting. We've been together for 7 months and I love her, she just doesn't trust me.

Any help is appreciated
-H

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by harrybarnett
Title says what it is. Only young but this is the first 'real' relationship I've ever had. If you lovely guys and girls could give me some advice to some way of building up trust again - that would be brilliant. I can't even talk to another girl without her saying I'm flirting. We've been together for 7 months and I love her, she just doesn't trust me.

Any help is appreciated
-H

How on earth is she with you if she can't trust you?
Did you ask her why she feels that way?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by meenu89
How on earth is she with you if she can't trust you?

Honestly don't know

Original post by donutaud15
Did you ask her why she feels that way?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I tried but all she says is 'leave me alone' or she says 'because all you do is talk to other girls' (which I don't)
(edited 9 years ago)
....how old are you guys?

Might just be the hormones making her a bit loopy dude
Reply 5
Original post by XMaramena
....how old are you guys?

Might just be the hormones making her a bit loopy dude

We're both 15

Posted from TSR Mobile
Honestly don't know

You'll have to tell her that if she doesn't talk about it then you're relationship might not work. It can't go on with her being unreasonable surely?

I am a bit the same to your gf but my husband knows why and he makes sure I don't have anything to be jealous about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah she's probably just on a weird bit of hormone stages. They screw with you like that, make you paranoid and irritable. Just be a good boyfriend, ride it out, it'll probably settle down soon enough.
Reply 8
Original post by XMaramena
Yeah she's probably just on a weird bit of hormone stages. They screw with you like that, make you paranoid and irritable. Just be a good boyfriend, ride it out, it'll probably settle down soon enough.

I hope it does. And I forgot to mention that this has happened twice before and we have nearly broken up once and went on a break on the second. I think this really might be it though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
You'll have to tell her that if she doesn't talk about it then you're relationship might not work. It can't go on with her being unreasonable surely?

I am a bit the same to your gf but my husband knows why and he makes sure I don't have anything to be jealous about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know what you're saying but I don't know what to do. It might just end up with both of us in tears breaking up

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know what you're saying but I don't know what to do. It might just end up with both of us in tears breaking up

Posted from TSR Mobile

cool story

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well a simple conversation like that shouldn't end in tears but if it does then it maybe for the best. Carrying on the way you both are at the moment just delays the inevitable and the no one here can tell you what to do unless you speak to your gf.
Original post by kategibson123321
cool story

Real considerate :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well a simple conversation like that shouldn't end in tears but if it does then it maybe for the best. Carrying on the way you both are at the moment just delays the inevitable and the no one here can tell you what to do unless you speak to your gf.

Thanks for the great advice. Its just a pain in the ass that we go to different school and see each other once a week. When we're together we'll fine - apart and that's where the problems begin

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any help is appreciated
-H

Basically, your relationship is screwed.
Original post by kategibson123321
cool story

wtf
Without intending to be cruel, this isn't a very good basis for a relationship. For me, trust is one of the most important factors in a relationship - if she can't trust you, you're ****ed. If you want the relationship to last you're going to have to try to get through to her and have a serious conversation about this because it's a big issue.
Does the word relationship even count when you're 15?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Real considerate :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ur not rlly 15 - no 15 y/o speaks like that
Reply 19
Loooool if she don't trust you, accept it and become a playa playa

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending