The Student Room Group

AQA French GCSE

Hey! I'm currently a British Grade 10 student in Toronto, Canada. I often don't feel challenged by the curriculum of my province or the standards of my school and I often find myself studying things that are somewhat challenging. I would very much like to take my IGSCEs or GCSEs but the only school that offers these courses seems to be obnoxiously posh and isn't anywhere where I would like to study. I have been studying at the Alliance Française here in Toronto and my spoken French is close to fluent. I decided to write a past paper for the French GCSE today. I received an A* on Unit 1 and an A on Unit 2. I was wondering about what you guys thought about the difficulty of AQA French GCSEs?
(edited 9 years ago)
Well,it's not surprising that you got an A* since you're already near fluent in French. French is my first language.I did my French 1st Language igcse exam a few weeks ago and i found it easy,which was to be expected!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Rochana, est-ce qu'il y'a beaucoup de similarités entre le GCSE et l'IGCSE?
Original post by milesgilbert
Rochana, est-ce qu'il y'a beaucoup de similarités entre le GCSE et l'IGCSE?

iGCSEs/GCSEs en général? ou tout simplement français?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hey! I'm currently a British Grade 10 student in Toronto, Canada. I often don't feel challenged by the curriculum of my province or the standards of my school and I often find myself studying things that are somewhat challenging. I would very much like to take my IGSCEs or GCSEs but the only school that offers these courses seems to be obnoxiously posh and isn't anywhere where I would like to study. I have been studying at the Alliance Française here in Toronto and my spoken French is close to fluent. I decided to write a past paper for the French GCSE today. I received an A* on Unit 1 and an A on Unit 2. I was wondering about what you guys thought about the difficulty of AQA French GCSEs?

Its quite easy if you enjoy it like i do as the grade boundaries are quite low when a paper is hard. Do you go to an international school?
Reply 5
Rochana: oui, en général
Reply 6
And no, I'm unfortunately not at an international school
Original post by itsRochana
Well,it's not surprising that you got an A* since you're already near fluent in French. French is my first language.I did my French 1st Language igcse exam a few weeks ago and i found it easy,which was to be expected!

Posted from TSR Mobile

But isn't French as a 1st Language different to AQA French, in that the exams are actually made for people who are fluent in the language?
Rochana: oui, en général

They're very similar,they cover most of the same content. iGCSEs are slightly harder in my opinion. Are you considering moving to an International British school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EastGuava
But isn't French as a 1st Language different to AQA French, in that the exams are actually made for people who are fluent in the language?

Yes,and yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest