Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria Accommodation

Please give me some opinion on the following options:
1. Camden Court
2. New Bridge Street
3. Liberty Quay

Also, please suggest me a few off campus places that is near to Northumbria City Campus East and reasonable price.

Thank you!
Reply 1
1. Camden Court are just ordinary flat, nearest to school but can be noisy sometimes. Also I presume one of its side is facing railway but rarely see train passing by.
2. New Bridge is a new accommodation with relatively new facilities, however the south is facing main road so you know what I'm talking. Also I remember the kitchen is ridiculous small.
3. Previous Quay Point, now managed by Liberty which can go either way. Standard ensuite is like 15 m2 incl. toilet (common ensuite area).

The current google map allows you to view in 3D so you can have a basic impression easily. Plus there're floor plan at school website available for download.

There're 2 new student accommodation being built one is near Biscuit Factory another one near Centralink. I personally would prefer new accommodation due to the facility plus potential discount which may be much cheaper than those provided by school.
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
Original post by Novezeil
1. Camden Court are just ordinary flat, nearest to school but can be noisy sometimes. Also I presume one of its side is facing railway but rarely see train passing by.
2. New Bridge is a new accommodation with relatively new facilities, however the south is facing main road so you know what I'm talking. Also I remember the kitchen is ridiculous small.
3. Previous Quay Point, now managed by Liberty which can go either way. Standard ensuite is like 15 m2 incl. toilet (common ensuite area).

The current google map allows you to view in 3D so you can have a basic impression easily. Plus there're floor plan at school website available for download.

There're 2 new student accommodation being built one is near Biscuit Factory another one near Centralink. I personally would prefer new accommodation due to the facility plus potential discount which may be much cheaper than those provided by school.

The 2 new student accommodation you mentioned is it owned by university or private? How should i find them and is it safe?

In fact, what's the biggest different between off and on campus? One of my friend said that off campus is a lot cheaper but due to its more complicated process to deal with the landlord, most of the agent will just ask us apply on campus.
Reply 3
Original post by SoniaLee
The 2 new student accommodation you mentioned is it owned by university or private? How should i find them and is it safe?

In fact, what's the biggest different between off and on campus? One of my friend said that off campus is a lot cheaper but due to its more complicated process to deal with the landlord, most of the agent will just ask us apply on campus.

1. Both private, near biscuit factory one I didn't recall the name, the one near St.James Park is called Centrallink and Central St James (owned by Liberty).

Also there's a new one constructed by Downing just near the two above but I'm not sure when it will be accomplished. My guess is Sept this year.

Yes they are all very safe. Now the newest accommodations has a high security measures like fence, surveillance etc. I've lived Central St J for one year it's pretty good.

2. Not really so much difference. As far as I know some school accommodation which close to university are suffering from noise issues. Knoll Court and Quay Point may better but it's all depends on the location. I personally won't go individual landlord since it's very complicated when something broken, gas not working, not how water etc.

For convenience I'll just go with accommodation due to its simplicity, there're nothing to worry if you apply private accommodation. Just fill some form, sign, done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending